- - - - -

Mod AI

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

#1 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 12 September 2010 - 23:08

Last version. (V4)(updated with V5.1)
To play in a small fray preferably, better in missions, do not put too much Ace (1 per 10 that is enough), mix the levels, is necessary to put beginners, average etc.

One will see small differences in style between the models of plane and the levels of AI.

- The fast planes try to use their speed
- The beginners and average turn less tight than Aces, except if one has very near.
- Possibility of surprising planes especially (in a fray only) when they continue another plane.
- The machine gunners of the two-seaters open fire on all the possible angles.
- The Aces in plane type SPAD risk to make a fast attack and not to return.
- Collision risk increased in the H to H.

To test, avoid taking Fokker DVIIf, as with this plane you can kill anything it is not very representative.

But I made small frays has 8 or 10 N28 vs as much Albatros and Pfalz, Se5 vs Fokker etc.

I liked the result much.

stick the file "data" in folder RoF and launch in MOD ON of course.

Attached Files

#2 elephant

elephant

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:13

Thanks Criquet, I'll give it a try.

#3 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:05

They is super which it is modifiable.

It is only my perception of what the AI should do. But each one can be made its own AI.

And with some criticisms I could modify mine.

#4 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 15 September 2010 - 19:04

Sorry, I think I missed the whole V0 to V3 threats, but what is this V4 mod doing to Rof???
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#5 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 15 September 2010 - 19:54

I do not speak English. It is difficult for me to render comprehensible me here.
This MOD modifies the behaviors of AI. It is especially visible in engagements between several planes. With level AI different.

The previous versions were tests.

#6 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 15 September 2010 - 20:00

Thanks Criquet great work!

#7 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 15 September 2010 - 21:38

Merci

I work V5. there will be only very small final improvements. With received information of criticisms of the users.

#8 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 16 September 2010 - 18:56

I had a concern with N28, SPAD, Dolphin, the fast planes in general. they missed “niak”. They did not push their attacks until the end.

Here are which is modified in this V5.

I disadvise playing a frontal attack until the end against an AI….

I update in the 1st post

#9 pollux18

pollux18

Posted 16 September 2010 - 20:51

The mod IA Crickey really transforms the game. Clashes
now become exciting. Advertise in nearly 777
for inclusion in the original version of the game.

Or make a survey, I do not speak English well enough to do me
same!
"Il faut préférer la modestie de ceux qui s'associent pour combattre aux triomphes passagers de celui qui s'isole."

Cdt De Rose

#10 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 16 September 2010 - 21:52

quelle pub'…………..
fayot :mrgreen:

merci

#11 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:40

Sorry ,but just to be clear, all we need to do is drop "Mod-AI-V5" into the "data" folder? :?

#12 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:43

What, if anything, will this mod do to our ability to play online?

#13 MattM

MattM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 13:07

Good job Criquet.
Sorry ,but just to be clear, all we need to do is drop "Mod-AI-V5" into the "data" folder? :?
You need to unpack that into the data/luascripts folder. And start ROF with mods-on.

What, if anything, will this mod do to our ability to play online?
If you join servers with mods-off, nothing. With mods-on, you won't even find servers (or maybe very very few, but i guess you're talking about public servers like Syndicate etc. right?).

#14 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 17 September 2010 - 16:03

Merci

Sorry ,but just to be clear, all we need to do is drop "Mod-AI-V5" into the "data" folder?
Yes, forgiveness I did not specify, I repack the MOD with the good format. and upload.
You will have just has to stick the file “Data” in RoF.

MOD off, all are transparent, no effect. Mods on, new AI are active.
For the multiplayer, only the host needs the MOD ( the host manages AI)

#15 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 18 September 2010 - 00:34

Sounds very promising - one question though - does this affect the AI behavior in all modes (e.g., career, quick missions), or do you have to create a specific mission to take advantage of this?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#16 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 18 September 2010 - 00:48

In all modes, if u play "mod on", but mod on u have not career it's principal problems.

And online, it's play too (we play with my friends of virtual squadron), it's very cool. A friend fought 2 spad AI during 10 minutes at 3000 meters, in coop online, by thinking that they was players and not robots:)

#17 elephant

elephant

Posted 20 September 2010 - 17:54

Hey Criquet,
I've been playing for a while with your AI mod, (since v.2). ;)
I really enjoy the behaviour of the enemy planes that are trying to fight you on their strenghts.
I also like when not so experienced bomber pilots get seperated from the formation
trying to perform evasive manoeuvres.
Shouldn't the bombers drop their bombs and and try to escape when in real danger?
I have noticed that the bombers are manoeuvring with their load on and they never drop it even if they are taking serious damage… :?
Is anything to be done about it?

#18 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 20 September 2010 - 18:20

I make a small bracket on this interesting point.
We often make the comparison between a two-seater like the DFW and a bomber as at the time of the WW2.

In the WWI the two-seater was often regarded as a fighter, and places it of rear machine gunner, not only defensive, but a good solution to fight the enemy. The light two-seaters were seen as of the fighters which could open fire forwards but also backwards. And that seemed to be a good advantage.

This says the tactics always was to remain in the formation. that which leaves there outwards is regarded as lost, with very little chance to leave itself there alive.

The two-seater fights with the back to turn towards the enemy. That does not want to say that he flees. It fights this way.

This said, in the files we have access has the IA of the DFW as “a combatant”. But their reactions as bombers, I do not know or they are and if one can parameterize them.

In the play the IA of the two-seaters changes when the order “to attack planes” their is given.

In missions I use this function so that when a two-seater is insulated and in danger it makes abrupt operations of avoidance.

But I do not know where in the files of the play we could code that. Nor to ask them to release the bombs.

Merci a vous. for feedback

#19 elephant

elephant

Posted 20 September 2010 - 23:11

OK, understood.
Thanks again Criquet!

#20 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 20 September 2010 - 23:32

But if I find, I keep you informed.

We carried out tests today,with Mod AI V5, 4 players (2 in Se5 and 2 into Fokker) + 12 AI (Se5, Camel, Fokker Dr1/DVII, Albatros, Pfalz) began a dogfight has 10,000 feet. After + 10 minutes of engagements, almost all the planes still fought has 9000/10 000 feet.
And 2 or 3 fought has 7500 feet.
At the end of this brawl, which lasted still a long long time. the planes returned towards their bases has 6000 feet minimum.
We had fun much.

#21 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 20 September 2010 - 23:59

Really? I fought 15 Albatri and every one of them that I got behind did Split S's to the ground. Maybe it's just that plane, I do more tests. ;)

#22 BH_von_Guber

BH_von_Guber
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:42

Criquet,
I wanted to post a note and thank you for this mod. I just found it and introduced it to my squadron (http://blackhaze.0catch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blackhaze.0catch.com/ if anyone wants to visit)

So far, we all like the how the AI behaves, and not going to the dirt every time. Only if we really press an attack and at close range does the AI keep going down.

Great job on this, Merci! I hope you'll keep working on it…is there a v6?

#23 BH_Vfw_Klaue

BH_Vfw_Klaue

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:57

S! Criquet Would like to thank you for your AI MOD. We have enjoyed flying our campaign missions using your

Mod.Would hope that others will try and that the work that you have done will be looked at by the ROF team.

THX again for the work you have done.

#24 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 21 September 2010 - 18:07

Merci ;)
I much also use it with my friends. And he is known more by the French-speaking person because I express myself badly in English.(in French also some will say :D )

is there a v6?

I need criticisms, feedback, of some answers of neoqb has questions about data which I do not control. IA.txt file For example, it was said to me that AI in Dr1 often broke the wing superior. We can correct it, but I need assistance of neoqb to understand better certain parameters

It is difficult to proportion well, I would not like to make excess of with side or other, that AI remains most natural possible.

But I have some projects for the levels “beginners” and “average”.

My larger concern, but I cannot code it, it is that AI having suffers important damage leave the combat. Without using trigger, but that it is coded in AI.

And also that they do not turn in round when they are continued close to the ground.

Here it has what I think

merci for you feedback

#25 McMatt

McMatt

Posted 21 September 2010 - 19:13

Today I've tried your mod. I took Fokker vs two SE5a (on highest level). I was pleasantly surprised, when we didn't get lower and beginning to circle. But after time I found that only one plane attacked me. Other was above. When I finished first I start to climb to get second. And he was running away (perhaps is reason that you mentioned in upper post). But it still bothers me, why they didn't attack me both at the same time.
MSI Z87-G43 | i5 4670K@3.4 (4.0) | Corsair Vengeance 16 Gb DDR3 PC3-1500 @ 1866Mhz |
 Gigabyte GTX760 WindForce 3X OC Rev. 2.0 2GB GDDR5 | SAMSUNG SyncMaster 2433BW 24" @ 1920 x 1200 | 
Windows 10 64 bit Pro | Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5

#26 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 21 September 2010 - 20:13

I am assuming we need to play in mods on mode correct? I am interested to try this mod out.

#27 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 21 September 2010 - 20:54

Yes Viper, mods on ;)
Criquet has done a very good job on this. I'm only flying with this mod.
I highly recomand it. Sometimes, AIs are even acting almost like humans…

Criquet is actually trying to solve DR1 issue.
EACH time in QMB you fight DR1's, they loose upper wing very quickly, exactly like EIII did before the fix…and can't turn anymore :cry:
The wing lost is before any bullet impact, of course.

Criquet is asking devs help: but no answer…

#28 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 21 September 2010 - 20:59

Today I've tried your mod. I took Fokker vs two SE5a (on highest level). I was pleasantly surprised, when we didn't get lower and beginning to circle. But after time I found that only one plane attacked me. Other was above. When I finished first I start to climb to get second. And he was running away (perhaps is reason that you mentioned in upper post). But it still bothers me, why they didn't attack me both at the same time.

I placed AI “Ace” of certain planes, with an high level of prudence. They will hesitate (especially the SPAD, Se5, N28) has to turn to you if you are in the back hemisphere. Or if you are a little threatening.

Therefore for these planes, more than for the other models, one should not put too much Ace.

The veterans or average will be more aggressive but by taking risks. And thus it is easier “to catch them”. Because they will make errors has one moment.

An Ace in SPAD will wait to have an advantageous angle, an attack of face, or which you fight another plane. And it with prudence it will seek a good angle of attack.

An Ace in Fokker will always turn to you, because it will use its advantage in turn.

for example in 6vs6 in mission (with editor), I will use for one side. 1 Ace, 2 Veteran, 2 average, 1 beginner or 1 véréran, 3 average, 2 beginner Or something like that. for a quick mission, (3 groups max for each side) 2 vetéran, 3 average, 1 beginner etc…

AI cannot attack you in a short time, if you are much lower (in altitude) that it.

I seek a solution for that too.

And yes, we need play in "mod on", for this mods.

#29 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 21 September 2010 - 22:26

small modifications for the problem of the wing of Dr1.
I put only data already found by neoqb, I did not invent anything.

That is for tests, and relates to only Dr1

#30 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:54

Great tuning for DR1's!!
They don't loose anymore their upper wing in few minutes, diving like crazy to the ground!
Their flying behavior seems more accurate in my opinion.
Thumbs up Criquet :P

#31 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:55

small modifications for the problem of the wing of Dr1.
I put only data already found by neoqb, I did not invent anything.

That is for tests, and relates to only Dr1

So, does that mean that this download in your post only deals with the Dr.1 and not any of the other planes, or does the download cover all the planes but the only changes to it (from the previous version) were about the Dr.1? In other words, should we add this one to the previous version, or should we replace the previous version with this one?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#32 McMatt

McMatt

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:13

I placed AI “Ace” of certain planes, with an high level of prudence. They will hesitate (especially the SPAD, Se5, N28) has to turn to you if you are in the back hemisphere. Or if you are a little threatening.

Therefore for these planes, more than for the other models, one should not put too much Ace.

The veterans or average will be more aggressive but by taking risks. And thus it is easier “to catch them”. Because they will make errors has one moment.

An Ace in SPAD will wait to have an advantageous angle, an attack of face, or which you fight another plane. And it with prudence it will seek a good angle of attack.

An Ace in Fokker will always turn to you, because it will use its advantage in turn.

for example in 6vs6 in mission (with editor), I will use for one side. 1 Ace, 2 Veteran, 2 average, 1 beginner or 1 véréran, 3 average, 2 beginner Or something like that. for a quick mission, (3 groups max for each side) 2 vetéran, 3 average, 1 beginner etc…

AI cannot attack you in a short time, if you are much lower (in altitude) that it.

I seek a solution for that too.

Thanks for clarifying things about levels. Great mod. Much, much more realistic than circling around each other.
MSI Z87-G43 | i5 4670K@3.4 (4.0) | Corsair Vengeance 16 Gb DDR3 PC3-1500 @ 1866Mhz |
 Gigabyte GTX760 WindForce 3X OC Rev. 2.0 2GB GDDR5 | SAMSUNG SyncMaster 2433BW 24" @ 1920 x 1200 | 

#33 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:49

So, does that mean that this download in your post only deals with the Dr.1 and not any of the other planes, or does the download cover all the planes but the only changes to it (from the previous version) were about the Dr.1? In other words, should we add this one to the previous version, or should we replace the previous version with this one?

Once installed the V5 mod, unzip the Data zip for DR1 and fusionate it with the original ROF data folder.
The Data zip only concern the DR1 ;)
Playing mods on, all AIs are tuned up.
I just had a dogfight with my N11 vs 5 DII…AWESOME!

#34 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 22 September 2010 - 14:25

Thanks - got it. Really looking forward to trying this out, once I get past the skin submission deadline and have some spare time again :)

#35 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 22 September 2010 - 14:52

I may have missed it in the thread but I downloaded the mod, where do I drop it in at? Or do I drop it in individual spots for each plane?

#36 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 22 September 2010 - 15:24

Mod-AI-V5.rar = for all plane.
data.zip = a little fix for Dr1.for fusionate with mod ai V5

#37 McMatt

McMatt

Posted 22 September 2010 - 15:40

I have a problem. When in Quick mission selecting more opponents (3 waves of 2 planes). Mission is loading loooong or even doesn't load at all (after 7-10 min. I've end process).

#38 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 22 September 2010 - 16:12

I do not know, I do not have this troubles.
remove the files and to reinstall them?

#39 McMatt

McMatt

Posted 22 September 2010 - 18:16

I've tried, but still the same… 7 - 10 minutes. Perhaps this is too much for my CPU.

#40 Richy133

Richy133

Posted 22 September 2010 - 18:24

With "Mods ON", missions are longer to load, try a quick mission with a smaller map, maybe it will works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users