- - - - -

Hyneman's Hellequins Skin

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Hyneman

Hyneman

Posted 05 September 2010 - 17:44

Hey!
This is my Hellequins skin for the Sopwith Camel. :)

http://dl.dropbox.co..._hq_hyneman.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://dl.dropbox.co...2729686/rof/ski … yneman.zip

#2 VonHelton

VonHelton

Posted 05 September 2010 - 18:49

Yes!

8-)

#3 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 05 September 2010 - 20:04

Lovely!

J5_Hellbender

#4 KAPEH

KAPEH

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:39

Isn't it too….e-e-e-e-e…motley? Please don't be offended…but it's reminds me candy wrapper. Sorry. :(

#5 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:15

Candy mountain, charleeeeee! :)

Kapeh we already have about 80-90 skins in the game that look like this :)

#6 Hyneman

Hyneman

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:18

Isn't it too….e-e-e-e-e…motley? Please don't be offended…but it's reminds me candy wrapper. Sorry. :(
That's why we call us Les Hellequins. We love colors. :mrgreen:

#7 KAPEH

KAPEH

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:15

Oh, that's explains :lol: ….me vote "Yes"

#8 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:18

They might be a bit too colourful for france but there were quite a few air defense units in the UK that painted their planes quite extensively so just imagine that these planes were just transfered to france :)

#9 KAPEH

KAPEH

Posted 14 September 2010 - 13:01

I see…it is like Homeland urges creativity?….that is why Germans were so crazy in their paint schemes :)

#10 J99-Himmelhund

J99-Himmelhund

Posted 15 September 2010 - 18:20

Yes!

#11 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 15 September 2010 - 18:27

The German home defense units did not paint their planes actually, or only subtly, and those that did were stationed in France and Belgium :) I think the British were just very conservative, other countries were painting their planes quite a bit as well (France Belgium Italy Russia), no idea why exactly the British front line fighters were left relatively unpainted.

#12 KAPEH

KAPEH

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:57

The British approach wasn't, as history shows us, conservative. I'd like to say it was quite opposite, very progressive. Air Forces all over the World still profess "British doctrine" in paint schemes. Even Germans had had standard paint schemes before the war in Spain.

#13 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:19

True, but if you look at all the German ww2 aircraft most of them had yellow engine bottoms for AAA identification purposes, those were extended to include yellow wing tips and a yellow fuselage band on the eastern front probably because of the density of light AA and small arms. Since the Luftwaffe marked their own planes the RAF and VVS did not have to do it, because theirs would be the planes that weren't yellow :)

Not sure though what main purpose the German ww1 markings had, there seems to be a multitude of reasons but personal markings were still applied to German ww2 fighters, of course when things became really desperate in 1944 the Luftwaffe abandoned any sort of markings other than crosses and numbers, which in turn led to friendly fire, such as during Operation Bodenplatte, of course the FF issues during Bodenplatte had more causes than just lack of markings ;)

But I can imagine, if there had been another war between industrial nations post ww2, some airforces would have adopted marking their aircraft again. The Germans were not happy with their green planes with black crosses during the poland campaign (an issue that had not surfaced during peace time), subsequently enlarging the crossed during the polan campaign which lead to the introduction of new crosses around spring 1940 and the introduction of white and yellow aircraft markings during the battle of france and britain, which were slowly reduced in size and eventually vanished by the autumn of '44.

Now I forgot what my point was :mrgreen:

Sorry for the offtopic discussion Hyneman ;)

#14 KAPEH

KAPEH

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:48

What an article!!!! I think you should write a book!!!! ;)

#15 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:18

Poll concluded; thread locked.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 39.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users