- - - - -

New Career Mode Pics Here!

• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#161 BigDuke66

BigDuke66

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:04

What about trophies?
We have all those stuff on the main screen but in a career it would be nice to have a trophy box or room as CO of the unit were all your trophies are spread over the wall, on chimney, etc. and when you click them it gives details how you got it, maybe those could even be linked with a small movie in the style of "remembering the victory"(fading from a close-up of the trophy to the sequence of the victory everything trimmed a bit fluffy just like a dream sequence or so).

#162 jp.garnier

jp.garnier

Posted 15 October 2010 - 19:23

do someone know when a patch will be release with this new career mode?

#163 sturmkraehe

sturmkraehe

Posted 15 October 2010 - 19:25

Not before November I am sure.

#164 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:42

"Hope to have it ready sometime this November" was the word in the simhq article. But that was back in July, and alot can change since then: http://www.simhq.com...3/air_455b.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.simhq.com...3/air_455b.html

#165 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 16 October 2010 - 16:55

"Hope to have it ready sometime this November" was the word in the simhq article. But that was back in July, and alot can change since then: http://www.simhq.com...3/air_455b.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.simhq.com...3/air_455b.html

I agree O_TaipaN. It would be nice if the sun glare could be implimented in November (Plus an addon plane…too soon?) and the other stuff could filter in by December or January.

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#166 sturmkraehe

sturmkraehe

Posted 16 October 2010 - 17:30

Do we actually already know what will happen to the careers that were commenced under the current career mode? Can they be continued?

#167 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 16 October 2010 - 17:35

I'm gonna take a wild stab and say that previous careers will probably be erased due to the incompatability between this career mode and the new one. They'll be too different.

#168 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:48

I think sun glare is already in.

Personally I want career before another plane I just got 2 new planes. I have 20 planes with 5 favourites and I want to do a career for all :)

#169 VonHelton

VonHelton

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:09

Um, a career mode that starts at 1915 & goes to 1918 is not currently possible, since we are lacking the proper aircraft.

Therefore we will have to have early war 2-seaters……There's no way around that.

:geek:

#170 sturmkraehe

sturmkraehe

Posted 18 October 2010 - 00:06

When career mode comes out could we have an indication on the map at which altitude these waypoints have to be passed? Up to now we have no clue and when not using autopilot I always seem to miss the waypoint and don't get the subtitle. Although I do think that I actually navigate quite well.

#171 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:13

When career mode comes out could we have an indication on the map at which altitude these waypoints have to be passed? Up to now we have no clue and when not using autopilot I always seem to miss the waypoint and don't get the subtitle. Although I do think that I actually navigate quite well.

You can pass way points at any altitude ;)
They are like cylinders, ground to sky!
Only their radius is important to don't miss them.

#172 =69.GIAP=ALEXEJ

=69.GIAP=ALEXEJ

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:21

I just stumbled about this announcement. Incredible! Amazing! Gorgeous!
Can´t wait… :)

#173 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 18 October 2010 - 15:01

You can pass way points at any altitude ;)
They are like cylinders, ground to sky!
Only their radius is important to don't miss them.

I don't know if it's been changed recently, but the action point radii were too small the last time I played the career mode. It would be fine if they were always over an obvious landmark, but frequently they were over nothing but grassland. Hopefully this will be improved in the new career mode.

#174 sturmkraehe

sturmkraehe

Posted 18 October 2010 - 18:35

Yes, gavagai. That seems to be a problem. I think I am decently good in navigating but since I never seemed to catch the waypoint I assumed that I was on wrong altitude and that it plays a role here. Radius then should be increased and of course over an easy to find landmark. I am sure back then that's exactly what they did when they established their flight plans.

#175 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 18 October 2010 - 19:41

I have never been a fan of the action points. When I first got the game I would frequently diverge from the intended WP to fly over the enemies airfield to try to catch them on the ground or intercept them en route to the action point. I honestly hate the spawning in idea and I hope that goes away.

#176 von_Heimler

von_Heimler
  • LocationChilliwack, BC Canada

Posted 18 October 2010 - 19:54

I have never been a fan of the action points. When I first got the game I would frequently diverge from the intended WP to fly over the enemies airfield to try to catch them on the ground or intercept them en route to the action point. I honestly hate the spawning in idea and I hope that goes away.

+1

Cheers,

Signature_zpsy2runyft.jpg

"Become an Ace by mastering your aircraft!"

#177 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 18 October 2010 - 20:09

I hear you Viper, but have you tried the 3rd party campaign generator missions? When all of the aircraft are present right from the beginning, time compression no longer works, even on high-end machines (so I've heard).

#178 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 18 October 2010 - 20:23

No I have not used the 3rd party campaign generator. Honestly though if it were like that I can understand why. I would not want to time compress and be jumped and shot down before even spotting them. I can see why that probably happens. I would think though some savvy coder could make you drop out of time compression once the enemy planes get into max visual distance. I dont know maybe its easier said then done.

#179 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 18 October 2010 - 20:26

I hear you Viper, but have you tried the 3rd party campaign generator missions? When all of the aircraft are present right from the beginning, time compression no longer works, even on high-end machines (so I've heard).

Correct.That´s my concern from the beginning when i first tried the campaignGen.Over Flanders Fields is superior here and I really wonder how this can be improved in RoF without changing the entire code or reducing the textures/physics..
That really is a pain in the ass because without time compression a mission may take almost one hour and more..my girlfriend will not be amused;)

#180 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 18 October 2010 - 21:01

In an older request, if i remember well, Neoqb answered that waypoint radius will be increase…hope they will not forget!

#181 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 18 October 2010 - 23:21

I think maybe they could deal with it by spawning the planes much further away, so they appear once they are at the end of your view distance.

That is, a 9km radius trigger zone.

But it should be a mix, for immersion there MUST be some enemy planes taking off scrambling from airfields, and I remember Jason mentioned in simhq that there could be planes taking off if you flew over their airfield to intercept you.

The other problem to deal with is that in the air planes spawn with 100% fuel making them ineffective fighters, where your flight has undergone a long flight maybe using 50% of fuel you have a big advantage.

If ai is not going to take off from an airfield and use fuel, they need to spawn in the air with < 50% fuel so they don't always crash into trees :) I think this is a general mission editor enhancement anyway that we would all use when putting AI in multiplayer missions too. AI is usually only good for 5 minutes before someone pounces on them so they only need 15% fuel to make them a bigger challenge.

#182 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 18 October 2010 - 23:28

Um, a career mode that starts at 1915 & goes to 1918 is not currently possible, since we are lacking the proper aircraft.

Therefore we will have to have early war 2-seaters……There's no way around that.

:geek:

More planes will come, but at least we could use the ones we have in single player. There is still alot of gameplay besides intercepting / covering 2-seaters in early war missions. I know recon is the main event in WW1 but it could be covered in newspaper articles and you as an N11 pilot would be tasked with downing e3s to end the scourge for example. There is also all the other aircraft that do fit the period 2-seaters and these we still want to fly, even if they release a partial career mode one year per patch, starting with 1918 I would still be happy with that to start getting into it.

Besides that, I only know of the two bombers in development. I don't anticipate early two-seaters being delivered this year.

#183 sturmkraehe

sturmkraehe

Posted 19 October 2010 - 00:04

I'm not much bothered with the waypoint thing nor with the spawn at passing a point. In fact I think it is a clever thing actually. I remember when I flew Aces over Europe (or it was called similarily, I no longer remember). I sometimes missed the whole action because some slight deviation occured making the opposing groups passing by unnoticed.

And I think it is ok to have a sort of flight plan to follow (although one is not obliged to: you can skip all intermediate to go straight to the action way point where - again helpful - the target spawns at the right time) but to keep it reasonable I always chose close range when starting a career. A mission time goes about 30mins if I don't use time compression (which I rarely do because I actually enjoy flying Rof even without action).

#184 SJK

SJK

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:18

I hope they have more than just waypoint spawns. I like to go hunting. I 'll be somewhat disappointed if it's a ghost town off the pre-determined path.

#185 Finkeren

Finkeren

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:08

I hope they have more than just waypoint spawns. I like to go hunting. I 'll be somewhat disappointed if it's a ghost town off the pre-determined path.

I share your hopes, but it would require a significant restructuring of core game files I think. It's far more complex than the change from static to dynamic campaigns, that was done in IL2-FB.

I'm not waiting for miracles, a fully dynamic campaign based on the current waypoint triggers will be fine by me, at least for a start.

#186 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 23 October 2010 - 13:30

If there is other action off the designated path then it'll be difficult to find with the current view distance.

Anything going on further than 2.5km away will be invisible, most players will just fly straight on by. I'd like at least a 5km view distance, even if its not strictly always possible in rl.

#187 hirai

hirai

Posted 24 October 2010 - 16:19

I think it would be nice if there are some special medals ( for example Austria-Hungarian ,Belgium, Italian or Russian Medals) awarded for special deeds like killing a Ace of the enemy ( for example a belgium medal for the player who shoot Manfred von Richthofen, ….something like that),destroying airfields or a great amount of tanks,…..in singleplayer. It should be writen in a newspaper (for example), that a government of the Alllies or Dreibund offers special medals for such deeds. So a player could specially look to fullfill the mission. I hope the new career mode gets very very fantastic !!!

#188 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 24 October 2010 - 16:28

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the screen that says "We Have the Emergency Call" has the wrong sirens, doesn't it? If this is WWI wouldn't airfields have used hand-cranked sirens uinstead of those modern looking ones?

#189 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 24 October 2010 - 16:29

Looks great ROF just keeps improving where would you get that in other software brilliant.

he he on another note why does Jason look like a cop on a stake out in his avatar :lol:

#190 Raptor341

Raptor341

Posted 24 October 2010 - 18:55

>> As long as it tracks all aircraft (enemy/friendly) numbers so that units run out of supply, broken and damaged aircraft, that will be a huge realism factor. The pictures make it look like its included, always was great thing about RB2, being able take out other squadrons for a while, or your own if your losses are too high, i remeber not having an aircraft to fly sometimes, really made it feel real. Also, AI that fly real routes vs just spawning in is a must, as it makes it so that sometimes you might miss your target or never even find it, yet others you just come across, if that makes sence.

#191 RichardG

RichardG

Posted 24 October 2010 - 21:22

Will there be full squadrons in the air? Or will it still be 4 and 5 plane formations (which is too small).

#192 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 27 October 2010 - 00:31

Looks great ROF just keeps improving where would you get that in other software brilliant.

he he on another note why does Jason look like a cop on a stake out in his avatar :lol:

Hes staking out Olegs Storm of War offices ;)

#193 Doconicus

Doconicus

Posted 01 November 2010 - 19:39

KUH-RAK! Homerun! I think I'm going to burst if it don't come out soon.!! Good job.

#194 Swampey35

Swampey35

Posted 12 November 2010 - 22:29

Well Jason

Looks as though ROF is going in the right direction, but I do hope that the career modes last as long at WW1 did.. ie taking a career on in june of 1917 in a DVIII and being told in late september 1917 youve accomplished your career.. I really can see how…due to the fact the war ran another 14 months..lol

#195 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:47

You can't start a career this early in the D.VII afaik, it was quite probably 1918 and I am guessing you were wounded in the course of your last sortie which possibly disabled you for the remaining two months of the war.

If you insist that it was 1917 please tell me which Jasta and I will check for myself.

#196 Swampey35

Swampey35

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:04

Soz Imperator not DVIII I mean A DIII

#197 ROFnut

ROFnut

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:23

Awesome Jason! Thanks for all the support you and 777 are giving ROF. I applaud your team's dedication to making ROF the best flight sim ever. Keep up the good work on the new career mode.

#198 Hereward_Hawker

Hereward_Hawker

Posted 14 November 2010 - 23:22

I had some thoughts, but this had all of them multiplied by 4.

My most sincere gratitude to the team for the work done and in progress. RoF is getting closer to being a bigger master work every day.

#199 spazza

spazza

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:19

The new career mode is the main reason I have got on board with RoF…………I have been a RB3d and OFF fan, but this looks fantastic. I am looking forward very much to this anticipated update…..I just downloaded RoF today and I am about to sink my teeth into as soon as the kids go to bed!!!…….

#200 catchov

catchov

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:00

The new career mode is the main reason I have got on board with RoF…………I have been a RB3d and OFF fan, but this looks fantastic. I am looking forward very much to this anticipated update…..I just downloaded RoF today and I am about to sink my teeth into as soon as the kids go to bed!!!…….

As Jorri would say … this. Is not the future bright ? I should say yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users