Photo
- - - - -

New Career Mode Pics Here!

• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#401 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:02

It is spelt, emergency. Check the pics, you'll find a glaring mistake.

These are most definitely WORK IN PROGRESS! Don't get crazy if you see something wrong with aircraft, dates or poor English etc. These are just to show off the interface a bit. No one has played the new Career yet and it's not in Beta yet, but this is the kind of quality work you can expect.

Said Jason.

Are you sure it's not in beta yet? ;)

That's just a quote from Jason. 8-)

#402 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:20

I see… at the time the pictures were posted it was true.

But since then he announced that it has entered closed and then open beta testing :)

#403 MarcoRossolini

MarcoRossolini
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:12

FIngers crossed, its getting close to release

#404 JGBFlyer

JGBFlyer

Posted 25 May 2011 - 16:23

These are most definitely WORK IN PROGRESS! Don't get crazy if you see something wrong with aircraft, dates or poor English etc. These are just to show off the interface a bit. No one has played the new Career yet and it's not in Beta yet, but this is the kind of quality work you can expect.

Said Jason.

LOL I wasn't getting crazy. Just pointing that out. Jeez. Sorry for helping. Guess I won't, and if there's a mistake or two in the new release I'll be sure to scream and yell about it now. Thanks.

#405 Millst0ne

Millst0ne

Posted 25 May 2011 - 18:38

Said Jason.

LOL I wasn't getting crazy. Just pointing that out. Jeez. Sorry for helping. Guess I won't, and if there's a mistake or two in the new release I'll be sure to scream and yell about it now. Thanks.

lol… no. sorry…..

#406 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 25 May 2011 - 19:50

Said Jason.

Well if you scream and yell about any more glaring mistakes…you'll be a glaring troll. :lol:

#407 vonWedelHasso

vonWedelHasso

Posted 16 July 2011 - 17:17

finally a good news for us who werent there in 1917 but we want to
ROF is visualy a superior game for me at this moment
as i have posted on SimHq already Red Baron did it superb in all aspects and i think every flight simlation should have such depth in the campaign like RB with those leather maps and old papers, drawn pictures of your squadron-mates where you can see every detail you need to feel like the WW1 and your jasta are really there. Played probably most of WW1 and WW2 flight simulations (i rather wont mention my age hehehe) and ROF looks like decent follower of RB and i believe that much time would be spared if 777 would just buy the rights for RB from Dynamix (or OtterGames)and just copy the campaign while it was 30 years before their time. The rights for those old games probably arent so expensive and to point that IL2 with stuning graphic just didnt do me any joy when I wanted to know who my mates are and see how poorly they are introduced)I totally agree with fionakraus (page 32)RB was unique and i am a little bit bewondered to hear that Jason is stating they dont want do RB type of campaign- if one thing is such a jewel as that campaign was i believe it must be copy-paste
As a hobby-historian for WW1 air war i can also provide any accurate dates if you need them
i see the portraits are all from aces- i am sorry but they should be worshiped and not used by us greenhorns (again RB with drawn portraits that gave such authencity to the squadron log book, some of them so sympatic that i flew a mission again if they were killed), also the names should be prefixed while will be strange to fly with player called yohohu as your wingman.
But right now i see another problem that can behinder the campaign-all that board dates with all accuracies and historical dates are perfect but they dont hold any water while the planes wont be available in the right historical order (while they are buy-ons)and all the other sweeties just faint away because of that
So all my best for developers
Mitja

#408 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 16 July 2011 - 20:01

Um…do you realize how old this thread is?

#409 Millst0ne

Millst0ne

Posted 16 July 2011 - 22:00

Thread from the dead! :xx:

Be afraid….be very afraid!

#410 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 16 July 2011 - 22:08

Heh, well the thread had indeed gotten moldy, but this post is at least a better resurrection than the ad nauseum ones 242Sqn_Wolf was doing.

Buying and copying/pasting the RB campaign into RoF isn't going to work. You can copy the ideas and mechanics of the RB campaign, but the code itself could not be grafted in RoF with a simple paste operation.

The other thing I'll comment on is that all the planes available for purchase in the store are already in every copy of RoF and will be present in missions as AI-flown aircraft, where appropriate. If you want to fly a given plane in the career, however, you do need to have bought it in the store.

BTW, welcome to the forum, kravanjamitja.

#411 J5_Wolf

J5_Wolf

Posted 16 July 2011 - 22:22

Awesome. I have been playing the career mode for the last to weeks. Im going to break in top 100 pilots tonight. I love this mode, But please add more historical skins to the mix I really don't like using personal skins for this kind of stuff. Thanks

#412 vonWedelHasso

vonWedelHasso

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:00

Hehehe i know its an old thread while the carrier mode had come out inbetween and noone is posting the wishes while you are all busy with playing it.I wanted to suggest that the existing campaign would be probably even better if the RB jewels would be included.Arijsme the idea of copy-paste was just literally, i just wanted to point out how deep every campaign in every flight simulation should look like.In all the years there have been a lot of enthusiasts who personally moded and upgraded RB3,(also OFF and Canvas) and that is a good fountain of ideas to pick out and why inventing a hot water if it is already there
Mitja

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users