Photo
- - - - -

SE5a Balloon Attack

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 26 August 2010 - 17:48

Another video I made while learning the ropes.

Acknowledgement to IRFC Mols and whoever else features in the video S!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=70RQIOjfFbU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">

#2 -Requiem-

-Requiem-

Posted 26 August 2010 - 18:14

Just so you know Para, you can embed the video in your post by selecting the link then pressing the "Video" button just above the message body when you create/edit the post :)
Video tip: The framerate for the video seemed a bit choppy so I would recommend recording at settings that give you a nice FPS. Having a smooth video makes it easier to watch. Nice music though.

#3 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 26 August 2010 - 18:21

Ok, thanks for the tips…recorded at 30 fps as this was 'recommended' in the software but I can up the frame rate easily enough.

I now have some understanding of just how long it must take for you to do your videos Requiem.

Microsoft Expression 3.0 is good enough for capture (although you can only produce video in .wmv format and not .avi for the free version)

Ahhh, right.

#4 -Requiem-

-Requiem-

Posted 26 August 2010 - 19:03

No worries mate :) I record my vids in a windowed mode at 1280x720 on the desktop which is at 1920x1080. My PC can handle a full screen capture at 1920x1080 comfortably with high FPS but I prefer the 720p since it results in a lower size and I can surf webpages on the other portion of the screen without interference.
I set a cap on recording for 30FPS myself so I can't understand why this one isnt as smooth.
We just need to get Virtualdub up and running for ya ;-)

#5 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:50

No worries mate :) I record my vids in a windowed mode at 1280x720 on the desktop which is at 1920x1080. My PC can handle a full screen capture at 1920x1080 comfortably with high FPS but I prefer the 720p since it results in a lower size and I can surf webpages on the other portion of the screen without interference.
I set a cap on recording for 30FPS myself so I can't understand why this one isnt as smooth.
We just need to get Virtualdub up and running for ya ;-)

Maybe because i'm recording it fullscreen at 1600 by 1000 resolution? I haven't tried windowed mode so it might solve the framerate issue or a lower resolution might.

I couldn't get the codec to work for virtualdub…shame because it seems to have a lot more features.

#6 -Requiem-

-Requiem-

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:54

You arent restricted to using only that codec Para, there are a variety of ones you can use. It's just the one in the tutorial gives a good balance of compression/quality.

On another note, you can't record at a higher FPS than the source. You probably need to lower your GFX settings when recording.

#7 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 28 August 2010 - 13:38

You arent restricted to using only that codec Para, there are a variety of ones you can use. It's just the one in the tutorial gives a good balance of compression/quality.

On another note, you can't record at a higher FPS than the source. You probably need to lower your GFX settings when recording.

I've tried everything i can think of to get the game to run either consistently at 30 fps or higher including updating graphics drivers and display drivers, trying various settings in the control panel and in Nhancer.

I managed at one point to get frame rates of about 40 fps but it resulted in the game looking terrible with massive shimmering.

All in all, I have spent about 5 hours trying to optimize RoF and ended up pretty much where i started lol.

I guess I will have to wait until I have a better system before I can produce decent videos without stuttering/bad frame rates.

On a plus note, I have managed to get the game looking a bit better than it did with about the same performance so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

As far as codecs are concerned, any tips on where to get them from etc? I'm a total noob where video production/editing is concerned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users