Photo
- - - - -

Need an extra gamecopy for hosting a dedicated server?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WT_Schmouddle

WT_Schmouddle

Posted 20 July 2009 - 14:37

Hallo,

as holidays are here, a time has come for myself to brought up a dedicated server for RoF. To my surprise, an extra copy of the software needs to be purchased in order to get the DS running independently.

I really wonder if this are dev's intentions as DS are mainly maintained and paid by gamers themsleves. Why should a server admin pay in order to offer his machine, bandwidth, time etc. for the community, all for free?

I have been hosting IL2 server called WT_Dedicated 24/7 since march 2003 and I have that machine ready to host a DS from now on, but I am really hesitating to actually pay for that opportunity, while I as and admin bear all the cost for server operations.

Would anyone from the dev team be so kind and share their thoughts on this topic with paying attendance?

Cheers

#2 TopGun

TopGun

Posted 20 July 2009 - 15:27

Hello,
this was discussed here,
http://riseofflight....&t=904&start=10">viewtopic.php?f=73&t=904&start=10

- 4. Does the flight sim have a console text file that can be used to run a server that does not stop the login user from flying online while the server is running.
No, at this moment. We can provide you with special additional account if you have an opportunity to host dedicate servers.

You can PM me, and I can coordinate you with the person who can help in technical questions.

#3 CFS_EAGLE_03/Tinytacohead

CFS_EAGLE_03/Tinytacohead

Posted 20 July 2009 - 15:50

I'm currently traveling, but once home, may also have the ability to put up a dedicated server.

My apologies for going off-topic, but having never hosted & without digging into the other thread/s, does the server need hefty graphics power, or just a solid system/connection?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users