Photo
- - - - -

The Red Barons Final flight

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nassault

Nassault

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:19

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dRRe1lMTv94" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">

b]NOTE: NO INTENTION OF COPYING GISBOD, ALL CREDIT TO HIM FOR THE INSPIRATION ON MAKING ONE. I saw his awesome "documentary" style movie, and really wanted to make one. However, I wanted a more "action movie" style approach to it. THIS IS MORE OF A HOLLYWOOD STYLE MOVIE THAN A DOCUMENTARY. I'm aware this is highly historically inaccurate, so please stay away from comments like "THAT SKIN DOESNT MATCH THE CAMEL". I'm aware, but for time purposes I really couldn't care. Even through my eyes the historical accuracy is poor.

If you'd like a more historical RoF video, please check out Gisbods amazing work.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ywug11nLFfg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">

Video consists of takeoff-dogfight-shot-ending.

I know there's many skins out there for his cousin etc, but I wanted to focus on Richthofen himself.

#2 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 14 August 2010 - 14:06

Very nice envy. Very cinematic, loved the score and some great shots there. Good job

S!

#3 Gisbod

Gisbod

Posted 14 August 2010 - 14:23

Some nice angles Envy..

Just wish the HDR would be tweaked - You can see the potential for more moody shots.

Thanks for the credits.. ;)

#4 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 14 August 2010 - 21:10

I like it! I agree the HDR and the Bloom don't work very well. But the guncam shots, the moment where Righthofen gets hit, and the shots with the formation flying and the very bright, uplifting colours (after all those gloomy fights) work very well! Nice.

#5 veltjens

veltjens

Posted 14 August 2010 - 21:45

Fine job!

I agree with Jorri about the HRD, etc., but it's VERY well done!

S!

#6 SYN_MrWolf

SYN_MrWolf

Posted 14 August 2010 - 22:15

Big fan!!

#7 rabu

rabu

Posted 15 August 2010 - 00:49

Nice one, and I like the music choice too, but I'm having problems with all the shadows and darks plugging up..being black.. did you change things during the editing, or is that what the ROF HDR effect causes?

#8 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 15 August 2010 - 00:54

The HDR effect just isn't meat to be used outside of the first person cockpit view. But I do have to admit it has its place in some of the shots in this video (like the opening shot).

#9 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:13

Watched it again, and I must say its brilliant. The part where MVR gets hit is inspired. I agree the colours towards the end are a bit off, but I like the desaturation in the beginning.

Looking forward to then next one S!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users