Photo
- - - - -

X52 settings

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HRD

HRD

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:39

Is there a white paper or video with instructions on how to set up the sensitivity /dead spots etc in game settings for my X52.
Thanks for any help.

#2 VonHelton

VonHelton

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:40

Is there a white paper or video with instructions on how to set up the sensitivity /dead spots etc in game settings for my X52.
Thanks for any help.

Try this?

http://www.youtube.c..._query=x52&aq=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.c..._query=x52&aq=0

8-)

#3 HRD

HRD

Posted 28 July 2010 - 16:07

There's some good stuff there thanks. But I need something directly related to ROF in game.

#4 =MFC=Gunloon

=MFC=Gunloon

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:56

My usual suggestion to start you off, Sizzlorr's post on the subject here.

It's a sticky in the 'general' forum here. The SE-5 is just an example he used and the techniques are valid for any plane, of course.

I do hope you're not modifying and saving to that default 'input' .map file, there are plenty of examples where it gets overwritten by certain game updates. I wouldn't use it beyond a basic starting point for your own personalized files.

After using it to make a generic .map file with all my preferred button assignments (saved to a new one named 'x52.map' since that's my stick as well), I clone off new ones for individual planes whose curves I've adjusted by using that generic one as a template, adjusting curves as desired, then saving it with an appropriate name like 'sopcamel.map.'

Hope you find this useful.

[MF] Gunloon

#5 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:29

Thanks for any help.

Hmm:
I have the X52pro which is probably very similar.
The answer depends on whether you have decided to use the Saitek profile software or not. Personally, I load just the drivers and use the windows control panel to set any deadzones and the ROF settings page to alter any curves and set up the joystick controls and it works very well. It's a complicated beast so be prepared to spend a bit of time setting it up to your liking.
I can send more details by private message if you think it would help.
Cheers

#6 HRD

HRD

Posted 31 July 2010 - 23:35

Sorry I didn't get back earlier - afk
I have win7 64 and I was trying to set the curves in game but cannot figure out how to do it.
What I am after is to get the settings way down. Until I get used to ROF I need soft settings just to keep in the air.
I remember the settings panel in EXP but in 7 I can't find it for my Saitek X52.
I hate Saiteks own software - never use it.

Appreciate any more help.

#7 Baal2

Baal2

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:18

I have removed the spring, it gives me muuuuuuch more precision. Only problem, you can't release the stick … ;)

#8 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:48

Sorry I didn't get back earlier - afk
I have win7 64 and I was trying to set the curves in game but cannot figure out how to do it.
What I am after is to get the settings way down. Until I get used to ROF I need soft settings just to keep in the air.
I remember the settings panel in EXP but in 7 I can't find it for my Saitek X52.
I hate Saiteks own software - never use it.

Appreciate any more help.

If you have loaded just the drivers from the disc in Win7 click on Start/Devices and Printers then right click on your controller icon and select 'contoller settings'. This will allow you to set deadzones if you wish. The Saitek software is only helpful if you play multiple sims with different setups.
Hope that helps.

#9 rico101

rico101

Posted 16 September 2010 - 17:42

I have removed the spring, it gives me muuuuuuch more precision. Only problem, you can't release the stick … ;)

My first post here :D

I went half way in that I compressed some of the spring coils and tied them with a couple of plastic self locking ties. This still gives you the spring self centring though has decreased the spring pressure required to move the stick. Worth a try anyone with who is getting a tired hand/arm holding the stick against the spring on the Saitek X52.

#10 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 16 September 2010 - 18:00

Boy you guys need an CH fighterstick, softer then a newborn babies butt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users