- - - - -

New stick

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 J5_Ben

J5_Ben

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:16

S! all

ive had my x52 for about a year now, kinda getting tired of it to be blunt. im really thinking about getting a whole new setup, has to be force feedback and im really thinking about the G940. anyone who has had an x52 and went to a G940, is it any better (as in more immersion, better feel, smoother ect.)im also wondering if the pedals of the G940 are FFB, as well as the throttle.

#2 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 26 July 2010 - 14:02

The G940 is a one stop shop for a new FFB HOTAS. I'd be concerned about many of the reviews I've read though, despite the fact there are also many supporters saying it has "revolutionized" their flight sim experience.

I used force feedback sticks for a couple years many years ago and use them no longer. I've nothing against them really, I just wanted something better and more functional (my words, yes).

If I were stuck on getting a new setup and it HAD to have force feedback here's what I'd get:

Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick (from Ebay because they don't make them anymore)
CH Pro Throttle
CH Pro Pedals

The MS stick is durable as hell and will last a long time, but OS support these days is iffy and the original software (that allows full tweaking of forces etc,) isn't functional in Vista and Win7.

The two CH products will be programmable in the CH Control Manager software (the most powerful controller software ever made to date), will also outlast the roaches and have individual USB connectors thus making them independent of each other unlike the G940 or Thrustmaster Cougar.

My .02c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users