Photo
- - - - -

Is the Logitech 940 the best option right now?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 03 August 2010 - 21:33

Trenchgun97 Im sorry to say that all our modern joysticks dont look like a ww1 joystick mate not just the x65.

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#82 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 03 August 2010 - 22:28

I would think unless your joystick looks like a broom handle and your rudders look like sandles with strings on thm then all our joysticks look too modern for even WW2.

#83 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 03 August 2010 - 22:34

I actually buit a replica spitfire joystick and rudder peddles long long ago when we only had a games port and building joysticks was simple. Modern sticks are to complicated now to many buttons and nobs to hook up I used it in ms combat 1 sim for years :)

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#84 Lixma

Lixma

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:54

Sherk, if you get the chance, record some dogfighting tracks and upload them. Be nice to see how the aircraft behave with the X65. After I read the SimHQ review it kind of reinforced my own worries about it but you seem to be having a blast.

#85 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:16

Will do just very busy at the moment with a new business I can tell you the Simhq review was not very good because the did not secure the sticks properly etc I find this the best joystick I owned and believe me Ive had a few.

#86 Trenchgun97

Trenchgun97

Posted 04 August 2010 - 20:49

I wasn't talking about the joystick design.

I was talking about the fact that a moving stick would feel more authentic.
Technically it's more authentic even for most jet fighters, as only a handful of modern jet fighters use force sensing sticks

#87 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 04 August 2010 - 21:13

It funning with the joystick not moving you have to push quite hard for the plane to move and it feels like the stick is moving A brain thing i think. Im flying on the hardest settings in Rof but I have only had a few minutes so cannot tell all yet. But so far I will say again best stick If owned :) :D

#88 EAF19_MARSH

EAF19_MARSH

Posted 07 August 2010 - 18:14

Sill having problems with this stick and RoF. Cannot seem to get it not to start automatically with Windows and even after creating a new profile I cannot get both parts of the 940 throttle to work, the stick buttons still have several different functions (mapping blip to a stick button always causes a head movement)and the throttle base buttons do not work.

I have deleted all inputs on my new profile and started again but it still does not seem to work…

#89 FifthColumnist

FifthColumnist

Posted 03 September 2010 - 13:05

Sill having problems with this stick and RoF. Cannot seem to get it not to start automatically with Windows and even after creating a new profile I cannot get both parts of the 940 throttle to work, the stick buttons still have several different functions (mapping blip to a stick button always causes a head movement)and the throttle base buttons do not work.

I have deleted all inputs on my new profile and started again but it still does not seem to work…

You don't need to disable the g940 profiler, in fact its perhaps better to have it running (you can customize the ffb settings for each game). Be aware that the profile displayed in the UI is not necessarily the one in use by the game currently running, the logitech software loads the appropriate profile when it detects the exe file you have pointed it at for each game. Perhaps you have a RoF profile pointing at the RoF exe in your list still. The best solution might be to open that profile, and remove all the button -> key mappings that it contains.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users