- - - - -

Thrustmaster T.16000M - good or bad?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:19

Hi all!

I have some problems with my current joystick, so I decided to buy a new one.

Searching at Amazon brought me to the T.16000M. The reviews about it were quite good and I also searched for some information here in the forum.

Some people say it´s a very good stick, whereas other people say it cannot be calibrated right, its twist is not good enough and using throttle is difficult.

Does anybody have one? Is it worth buying it?

Thanks in advance!

#2 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:22

If you are looking specifically for a joystick to use with ROF I'd recommend a (proper) FFB stick.

I have a T.16000 and so does Jorri so both of us have the comparison to an FFB stick and both of us agree that you are missing out on a lot of cues and feedback with a "normal" joystick.

#3 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 05 July 2010 - 17:25

Hmmm, actually I do not care about vibration or similar features. (if I understood "FFB" right :? )
Just to be sure: Which FFB joystick do you recommend?

And still this questions: Is the T.16000M a good stick? Can I calibrate it right? etc.

It´s quite cheap and its reviews are good, so I focus on it.

#4 4S_Nero

4S_Nero

Posted 05 July 2010 - 17:45

The T16000 is very good joy. Precise as the CH Fightersick the only limit the spring too hard. I've got new one in this way with a piano wire with a diameter of 2.5 mm:

#5 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 05 July 2010 - 18:08

I fly without vibrations ;) But the stick calibrates along the elevator axis based on the aircraft, which is off-center in many cases (Dr.I, S.E.5a to name a few) so you don't have the curve issues and you can feel the planes much better because the stick tensions suddenly decreased towards a stall so you can fly the planes a lot better on the edge.

#6 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:02

This sounds quite good!
Which one do you have?

#7 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:26

Nobody with a good FFB stick he can recommend?

I´ll go with the T.16000M if no one is going to persuade me ;)

#8 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:29

You can find my stick in my signature ;) The best FFB stick for a non-lefty is probably the venerable MS FFB2.

#9 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:41

You can find my stick in my signature ;) The best FFB stick for a non-lefty is probably the venerable MS FFB2.

Cyborg 3D Force? It´s so small :D

I´ve read it does not switch automatically into zero position (Was genau heißt Nullposition auf Englisch?), a disadvantage in my opinion.

#10 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:10

Which one, the FFB2? No idea what Nullposition is :P There is a post on the FFB2 somewhere that also mentioned a fix for that hand sensor that turns the stick off.

#11 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:47

Thrustmaster 16000 is also my stick and besides the spring may be a bit harder than for example on the Saitek evo it is very accurate stick. But i never flown with a FFB stick so i have no comparison. My first stick was a Logitech 3D Pro and i don't want to trade my Thrustmaster back for it. Also it looks robust and not like a toy that will break under extensive use (no pun intended Logitech).

yedwwtfx.gif

#12 Winkle

Winkle

Posted 08 July 2010 - 13:39

I also have the Thrustmaster. My MS PP2 wore out. I like it just fine.

#13 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 08 July 2010 - 15:13

Thanks for your help guys! :!:

@Imp: I actually meant that the letters in your signature are so small :)

#14 Aelyshe

Aelyshe

Posted 08 July 2010 - 17:39

Der_Sevtl,

Some time ago when I was looking to replace my Saitek ST290 Pro joystick, it was suggested I try the Thrustmaster T.16000m. I found one at a local computer supply shop at a very reasonable price, purchased it, brought it home, plugged it in, and have not looked back since. I think it is an awesome joystick. The overall feel and resistance is quite comfortable. It is also very responsive. The only downside is the slider bar for the throttle does not work. May I suggest you also look into a Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant? The Saitek quadrant is relatively inexpensive and works great in combination with the Thrustmaster T.16000m joystick. Currently, I have my radiator assigned to my joystick. My throttle, fuel mix, and altitude throttle are assigned to the three levers on the quadrant. Things such as engine start/stop, blip switch, bomb release, flares, etc are assigned to the various switches on the quadrant. I rarely have to touch my keyboard! This is a good combination that could be had for around $100.00 American. So far I have no complaints. I say go for it!

Warmest Regards

Aelyshe

#15 kirock777

kirock777

Posted 08 July 2010 - 21:04

Thought I'd weigh in here; I have a Thrustmaster T16000M and love it, but be forewarned… the one I have now is my second one.
The first broke as I desperately tried to use the rudder to avoid a bad encounter. Broke something inside, it snapped and rudder was useless.
This second one (yes, I liked it enough to buy another) has a better range according to the games graphs and I'm of course, more careful and less physical in my flying (finesse is much better :-))

I'm thinking about getting a quandrant to go with it after going through this thread… sounds like a treat! (And would probably help me to find "realistic" flying more fun.)

#16 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:18

Does the slide bar for the throttle really not work or is it just not that good?

#17 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:20

It works but it is actually not that good. Butcomming from a Logitech 3d Pro i have no claims to the thrustmaster throttle.

yedwwtfx.gif

#18 kirock777

kirock777

Posted 12 July 2010 - 13:24

I'm thinking about getting a quandrant to go with it after going through this thread… sounds like a treat! (And would probably help me to find "realistic" flying more fun.)

Well, I did it, I bought a Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant… and it really does add to the immersiveness in game.
No problems to install, just add the drivers and plug it in.
I kept hitting the big screw attachment on the bottom of the quadrant with my knee so I removed it and velcroed everything to my desktop. Much better.

BTW if you ever find that your Thrustmaster seems to be off or uncalibrated (and you are using the Thrustmaster drivers, not Windows default drivers) then turn off your computer, unplug your joystick and restart… then plug it back in and it will auto-calibrate. That worked for me when my yaw axis travel (rudder) didn't travel completely from side to side… did the auto-calibrate and I was back in business with the full range of motion.

#19 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 12 July 2010 - 13:37

I kept hitting the big screw attachment on the bottom of the quadrant with my knee so I removed it and velcroed everything to my desktop. Much better.

Same here, I used Tesa Powerstrips to attach it to my desk but velcro seems an even better idea!

#20 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 14 July 2010 - 14:16

Got it!
Thanks for all your help!

I tested it and I really like it so far! :)
Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users