Photo
- - - - -

NEWGUY CAMEL SKIN (Designed by the master skin maker Splash)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 30 June 2010 - 22:17

B62509- Designed and made by the master skin maker Splash, this fictional skin derives its’ serial number from the release date of Rise of Flight. (June 25th 2009).

www.filefront.com/16920315/SC_USAS_Newguy.zip

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#2 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 30 June 2010 - 22:32

Let me guess, a jewish person from New York?

I have nothing against either, but for me it's typical that you choose your skin to represent two things I would never judge a person by. So I won't vote either way on this one. It's looking good, though.

#3 WillyVonWonka

WillyVonWonka

Posted 30 June 2010 - 22:35

Very well done, I voted yes. :D

#4 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 30 June 2010 - 23:07

@Jorri- the "Newguy" symbol is derived from several things. I sometimes teach classes to inner city kids, so the apple has to do with the teaching and not the City of New York. The name "NEWGUY" is a nick name that a friend gave me. The Star of David is on account of my identity. I sure hope that you will reconsider your position and I clearly don't think that you have anything against Jews or New York. The Star of David is actually on a few Albatros skins, already in protected mode, if I am correct.

@Willy- thank you very much man!

#5 J2_Sturm

J2_Sturm

Posted 30 June 2010 - 23:26

Naturally I voted yes ( because I begged to see it and now I have ). Also, it's a great piece of work and personalised skins is very much a part of WWI ;)

#6 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:34

NewGuy,

Had it not been for Jorri's comment I would not have made the immediate association of the hexagram being superimposed on an apple as meaning New York Jew.
I was born and raised in Brooklyn and I almost missed the meaning of your symbol, how embarrasing for me. Thanks Jorri.

Have you considered hexagram rims on your plane? Let me know if you need some help with those.
(I know a guy) :lol:

I like it, you have my vote.

#7 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:52

@Nova- lol- It would be cool if I could get Z rated tires for the Camel and a Saleen performance rotary engine kit! =)

@Strum- It is a beauty. Splash is one gifted artist.

#8 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:20

@Jorri- the "Newguy" symbol is derived from several things. I sometimes teach classes to inner city kids, so the apple has to do with the teaching and not the City of New York. The name "NEWGUY" is a nick name that a friend gave me. The Star of David is on account of my identity. I sure hope that you will reconsider your position and I clearly don't think that you have anything against Jews or New York. The Star of David is actually on a few Albatros skins, already in protected mode, if I am correct.

@Willy- thank you very much man!

NewGuy,

Sorry I was a bit harsh there, rather undeserved. So you've got my vote. Looking forward to meeting you in the viertual skies over France :)

#9 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 01 July 2010 - 14:23

hq_Jorri,
Thank you very much Jorri. We will have great fun in the virtual skies over France!

#10 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 01 July 2010 - 15:07

Nice skin Newguy!! You get my vote!

I noticed that there is a red apple on the skin, but on the videos on youtube you always show a green one.
Changed your apple-taste? :D

#11 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 01 July 2010 - 21:04

@Der_Sevtl- LOL- I did ask Splash to improve upon my symbol. I do not have the eye for design and Splash really made all the details fit in so perfectly. I just wish I had the talent of Splash or the other skin makers. They are real miracle workers!

#12 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:55

Poll concluded; thread locked.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 39.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users