Photo
- - - - -

Diamond Wings - Les Hellequins on Patrol

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 30 June 2010 - 17:54

I quickly made a video about 4 of us flying a patrol on the Hellequins server.

Starring: DaHunn, Neca, Matt, Miggins, Reflected

+ guest stars: Vati & PeterGronzi as "the Hellequin busters", and 2 unknown pilots who may rest in piece :P

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GwunbPJoxqE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">

#2 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 30 June 2010 - 18:03

That is freaking amazing. Id say its the best video ive seen yet. Great choice of music and some killer angles.

Excellent!

Get it on Simhq!

#3 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 30 June 2010 - 18:10

:) :) :) :)

#4 Hyneman

Hyneman

Posted 30 June 2010 - 18:21

Yes, great video and good choice of music! :D

#5 kirock7

kirock7

Posted 30 June 2010 - 18:46

Good video… Great flying!

#6 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:16

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!
See you guys over Verdun, when the HQ server is up ;)

#7 catchov

catchov

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:27

Ah Se5a's …. so racy and sexy :oops: Nice one Reflected :) Shows the great camera angles you can get with the flight recorder. Good to see the clown wagon get slaughtered :lol:

#8 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:33

Beautiful vid, Greg!

S!

HT

#9 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:55

I was told the Zebras made their escape ;)

#10 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:00

Yes, that's true :P

1st scrap: Vati and PG shot Miggins down, then we came to his rescue (too late), damaged the "zebras" who dove into the clouds.

2nd scrap: we were concentrating on something silly as formation flying and formation loops for the sake of the video, when we were bounced by them and down we went in flames and pieces :lol:

I don't know who the Albatros and the other Dr1 pilot was, but they didn't stand a chance against the 4 of us. :(

I remember someone complaining on the chat:

"What the hell is this mission? Echelon right over Verdun?! " :lol:

#11 PeterGrozni

PeterGrozni

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:51

Yes, that's true :P

1st scrap: Vati and PG shot Miggins down, then we came to his rescue (too late), damaged the "zebras" who dove into the clouds.

2nd scrap: we were concentrating on something silly as formation flying and formation loops for the sake of the video, when we were bounced by them and down we went in flames and pieces :lol:

I don't know who the Albatros and the other Dr1 pilot was, but they didn't stand a chance against the 4 of us. :(

I remember someone complaining on the chat:

"What the hell is this mission? Echelon right over Verdun?! " :lol:

You were attacking a lone Albatros at the time. We jumped you just after you shot him down, catching all three of you completely by surprise and shooting all of you down in a minute of fighting. It was amusing to see you trying to turn with us.

#12 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:54

Nobody was trying to turn with you as far as I remember… :roll:

Next time I'll remember to fly straight :P

It shouldn't have been any less "amusing" than to see you flying straight as we were diving on you (before, near your balloon) ;)

#13 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:12

I am afraid they were occupied with more important things than your presence, I am sorry they did not pay you enough attention Peter. Maybe you should honk louder next time :mrgreen:

#14 Gisbod

Gisbod

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:15

Great job Greg…. ;)

Music is very atmospheric…

#15 Vati

Vati

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:03

It is normal that one needs to go through 7 stages after a loss… hq guys are now at their 1st: denial. Keep up the work.. there is no need to lose optimism :lol:

P.S. Nice video :)

#16 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:07

Vati, We all know that you 2 are top notch pilots, probably better than us. No one is denying that.

On the other hand, we were making a video here, and still, you guys put it as we were a bunch of amateurs which is totally offensive and rude. I don't see why you feel the need to do this? :?

#17 Vati

Vati

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:18

Emm Reflected, if you look through the topic, we only commented when you wrote those half truths of 2nd scrap.
If you would not started this yourself you would only have gotten complements for a nice video.

#18 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:35

Ah ok, I didn't remember what exactly we were doing:
ok we were "raping" that poor alby, but the point was to rape him together not to survive afterwards. Anyway, it doesn't really matter, because you bounced us pretty nicely and got us with our pants down.

But no one was turning with you (we know the relative merits of Dr1s and SE5a-s better than that :P ) and no one was denying anything ;)

#19 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:20

Oh for feks sake, it's a great video - let's not turn it into a flamefest :roll:

#20 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:08

you guys are all best pilots…lets move on :lol:

#21 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:35

:P

#22 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 01 July 2010 - 13:09

Just remember,when you shoot us down,we are making a video and that is just the shot we were looking for. :lol:

#23 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 01 July 2010 - 13:11

Good thing that you never get emotionally involved, ey Tvrdi ;)

#24 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 01 July 2010 - 14:01

Good thing that you never get emotionally involved, ey Tvrdi ;)

Im learnin :lol:

#25 MattM

MattM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 14:38

Well, first of all, during that mission we were mostly flying for the video. Just for show. And yes, while flying home to the airfield (to perform a formation-landing),..
You were attacking a lone Albatros at the time.
Correct and we didn't expect anyone else to be around and let him get shot to pieces.

We jumped you just after you shot him down, catching all three of you completely by surprise
Correct, you shot me in the engine, the pilot and shredded my left wing.

and shooting all of you down in a minute of fighting.
For me it was less then 10 seconds, i think less then 25 seconds for the entire flight.

It was amusing to see you trying to turn with us.
I tried to dive away and lost my wing in the process (because of massive damage). Also if you have two DRI's at your six less then 20 meters away, trying to outturn them (especially when in numerical superiority) makes more sense then trying to use the slight speed advantage or dive (we were around 1000 meters, maybe less).

So yes, you did a good job at shooting us all down in a swift surprise attack. No need to get cocky though.

All this just because Greg couldn't remember this scene correctly. Not necessary for in a thread about a good video imo. But maybe that's the reason why i rarely look into this forum anymore.

#26 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 01 July 2010 - 19:40

I hope you didn't mean to include me in this Tvrdi?

I can keep these things in the air well enough, keeping them in the air when there are EA about is an altogether different thing.

I'd rate myself (on a good day) as an "average pilot". :oops:

Have to say I was really surprised by the Dr1's appearance. I'm getting quite good at spotting EA around me now (can't actually do much about it, but I do tend to see them at least).

I had just shot down a balloon and took a good look about myself (as when you see the flaming pyre of a falling friendly balloon it is a dead-giveaway there is another plane around the area), and never saw a thing. Next second there was a Dr1 about 30m away on my 6 wounding me, mashing the engine and taking off a wing.

Did you guys come from directly above me (I was in the SPAD) or from out of the cloud next to me?

#27 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 01 July 2010 - 20:08

It seems to be a common tactic Migins,I have been shot down like this,looking around constantly and suddenly a Dr1 appears silently 10 meters behind you!
Weird.

#28 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 01 July 2010 - 20:09

Always record a track when you fly online, then you can check later what happened.

#29 Sirocco

Sirocco

Posted 01 July 2010 - 20:18

Always record a track when you fly online, then you can check later what happened.

If and when I ever get back into MP that's one of the things I plan to do. I think every newbie MP - and SP, for that matter - player should do the same.

#30 Vati

Vati

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:04

Did you guys come from directly above me (I was in the SPAD) or from out of the cloud next to me?
We came from above and both of us made firing pass in short interval.

#31 skybaby

skybaby

Posted 06 July 2010 - 13:40

Great video & I love what you do with the whole Rise of Flight / Les Hellequins thing. I'm a relative newcomer to both game video making & ROF. Extremely impressed!!

#32 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 06 July 2010 - 16:02

SkyBaby,

There's a steep learning curve there but many rewards!

both to video making and ROF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users