Photo
- - - - -

Rise of Flight Squadron Duels

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 23 June 2010 - 18:24

neoqb has given us this new Virtual Squadron board to play around with and I'm looking forward to seeing what uses we will find for it.

Next to having the squadron list here every squadron can make its own topic, which will give them the opportunity to bring out squadron news or a place for people to ask more info if they want to join a squad.

I would also like to start the Squadron Duels discussion here to provide an easy system for squadrons to be able to compete with eachother. Every interested squad can subscribe itself with a reply here and is then available to be challenged.

If a squad is challenged (in its own squadron topic?) it has to answer with how many pilots it will be able to field (1 to ~), after which the challenger does the same and a date should be agreed on.

Of course, any kind of mission can be played and agreed on but I could upload MattM's TDM missions over Verdun here, which have two airfields and historical and balanced planesets (rebalanced after our clash with J99 to prevent planes from running out) and are light enough to be ran on a listen server.

If not all as big, there are many squadrons out there and this should give a chance for each of you to do some competitive flying without massive competitions or tournaments being organised, which I'm sure will be in the future.

I hope you like the idea, and please let know what you think or reply to be added to the list. If there's some interest I can also post a template of duel rules here to make things easier.

Squadrons that can be challenged:
Les Hellequins
Wing Walkers
Snarling Trolls
J99
IRFC

#2 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 23 June 2010 - 19:43

Would also be nice the team making the challenge decides the difficulty, or each side choose which aids if any they would like to employ.

Good idea Jorri, I had a blast on your server when we had the intra squad thing.

#3 von_Heimler

von_Heimler
  • LocationChilliwack, BC Canada

Posted 23 June 2010 - 21:49

Always looking for other squads that would be interested in flying with us for fun. I enjoyed myself when we hooked up with Les Hellequins.

Cheers,

Signature_zpsy2runyft.jpg

"Become an Ace by mastering your aircraft!"

#4 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:42

Good Idea Jorri,

When we get a squad up and running count us in for a challange.

Smiladon

#5 catchov

catchov

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:56

Sounds great Jorrie.

#6 SYN_MrWolf

SYN_MrWolf

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:54

Oh. great now I have to find a squad. :(

Sounds great though..

#7 hq_Neca

hq_Neca

Posted 29 June 2010 - 13:12

Well, does any squad have any interest in this?

#8 Bayonet

Bayonet

Posted 03 July 2010 - 13:50

Jorri made a friendly post on our forums. We will certainly field a few flyers.

http://www.wingwalkers.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.wingwalkers.org

#9 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 03 July 2010 - 14:01

Were is the link for that Jorri? I've been toying with the idea of joining a squad but there's a few and not sure which one to join, I suppose I should start my own considering the Snarling Trolls, that which started as a joke and a bit of fun grew to quite a following, or is anyone thinking of starting a squad the more the merrier, any UK based squads?

#10 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 03 July 2010 - 14:06

Bayonet:

brilliant mate, I'll add Wingwalkers to the list!

Nooney: I think you'd make a great squadmanager, considering your proven Snarling Trolls organising skills. And starting a new squad is a great idea, if everyone just joins the same squad, there would be noone to fight!

#11 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 03 July 2010 - 14:07

Let Les Hellequins challenging the Wing Walkers be the first Squadron duel! I'm already on your forums so let us agree to the specifics there, since we're already discussing it :)

#12 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 03 July 2010 - 14:15

Bayonet:

brilliant mate, I'll add Wingwalkers to the list!

Nooney: I think you'd make a great squadmanager, considering your proven Snarling Trolls organising skills. And starting a new squad is a great idea, if everyone just joins the same squad, there would be noone to fight!
Ok Mate I'll give it a go, Ranks and admin positions available for The Snarling Trolls Squad, to join you must own one Snarling Troll award, I'll work out the ranks according to skill based on MP and awards earned Snarling Trolls will be a Jasta purely due to the history of it starting with the DR1 bridge challenge, PM me if you wanna join or you want a position no experience required we all learn together old and new together as a team ;)

#13 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 03 July 2010 - 14:18

Oh and I'll make some rank medals and medal awards for the Trolls squad who are successful in the squad wars :)

#14 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 03 July 2010 - 14:32

Good luck mate :D You can start a new topic on these boards as your office :D

#15 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 03 July 2010 - 16:13

Good luck Nooney, looking forward to it. Your Snarling Troll Challenges were great to bridge the time till the DF mode came around.

#16 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 03 July 2010 - 20:14

This sounds like great fun.

#17 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 03 July 2010 - 20:24

Cool, you should join Nooney so I can add the trolls to the list :D

#18 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 03 July 2010 - 23:30

Cool, you should join Nooney so I can add the trolls to the list :D

All joined up…

#19 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:10

Alright, with 2 active pilots (possiby three already?) and an interest in this duel system I've added you to the list :D

#20 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:21

Hey Jorri could you add J99 to the list? As we tried to get a challenge through an independent thread, but no squad responded it is better to have them all in one (this) place!

yedwwtfx.gif

#21 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:24

If we need more smaller teams we could even split up the bigger squadrons, maybe 4 pilots per team?

The idea being of course not to put the best pilots into one team but to split them up ;)

#22 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:28

Hey Jorri could you add J99 to the list? As we tried to get a challenge through an independent thread, but no squad responded it is better to have them all in one (this) place!

Great :D

#23 =IRFC=CpDarling

=IRFC=CpDarling

Posted 26 July 2010 - 16:20

Hi Jorri,
Sounds like fun! Can you add IRFC to the list please.

#24 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 26 July 2010 - 16:24

Cool :D Don't forget to challenge eachother!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users