Photo
- - - - -

Pat Wilson Campaign Generator support

• Please log in to reply
1367 replies to this topic

#1 Ben24

Ben24

Posted 23 June 2010 - 15:49

Hi all, I just downloaded PWCG (Rofcampaign.zip) and I managed to install it and use it, I set up everything (generate a mission…) and when I go to Rof, to the mission menu, I find the code name for my mission (like JohnSmith19161001) but when I select it, I can't actually fly it, the start mission tick box is darkened…

Anyone with the same problem?

#2 Ben24

Ben24

Posted 23 June 2010 - 17:25

Ok, don't what I did but now for some reason it works, but when mission is finished, it doesn't seem to have scored it, my status is still 0 flown mission, 0 victory…

#3 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 23 June 2010 - 17:28

You need to open up the campaign generator and enter a combat report.

#4 Ben24

Ben24

Posted 23 June 2010 - 18:22

Thanks, I thought it was automatic…

#5 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 23 June 2010 - 19:09

No kidding. It certainly would be nice if it were. This is what we have to do until RoF has a viable single player campaign mode.

#6 Ben24

Ben24

Posted 24 June 2010 - 13:50

Hi fellow pilots,

I enjoy using PWCG however does anyone knows how to reduce the distance to fly in the missions, it is desperately long and the max time compression is 8x, which make missions very boring waiting to reach combat zone. Also, I'd like to reduce a little bit the AI of enemies, I'm a poor WW1 chase pilot and I can't enjoy a dogfight if I lose all the time. I don't know if it's possible to do so in PWCG.

#7 ohrn

ohrn

Posted 01 January 2011 - 14:55

Hi, I have the same problem as you Ben24, i cant open up and fly the missions teh gereator creates. Do you have any Idea of what you did to make it work?

#8 ohrn

ohrn

Posted 01 January 2011 - 18:05

I've solved it. It has to do if you have the aircraft you are supposed to fly in your ROF game. For example: I can't choose a squadron flying the sopwith Camel 'ceause i haven't got that aircraft in my ROF to begin with.

#9 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 01 January 2011 - 18:24

You have to check the planes you own in the control panel and then remember to save that list.

As to mission length, there are two things to adjust in the Configuration menu (again on the opening control panel.)

Way down near the bottom you will see Max Offensive Mission Length. I set that to 30 (I think it's kilometers). Some people use even less.

If you use Air Starts (change the 0 to a 1) you can adjust the "Distance to objective" at the very bottom of the list. I like doing ground starts so don't use it but it's there if you choose to use it.

You can change the odds of running into enemy patrols (I haven't tinkered with that). But I try to play it realistically and if they have me outnumbered, I simply retreat without engaging them.

Again, remember to save or accept your changes before you close the panel.

My only real gripe with the PW camapign is the AI, which is a 777 problem, not something Pat did.

Criquet has made a modified AI mode that helps considerably improve the AI. You can find it here:

Mod AI

You have to fly with Mods On.

Hope that helps.

Happy New Year!

HT

#10 ohrn

ohrn

Posted 04 January 2011 - 18:22

Thanks HotTom!!

#11 Feldarzt

Feldarzt

Posted 17 February 2011 - 13:31

Hi there, I wanted to test the campaign generator today but when I click on "generate mission" no mission is beeing generated. The data\mission\ folder remains empty.
Also, the pop up looks like on the attachment.

I didn't find a post dealing with this issue - so if there is any, plz let me know.

thanx in advance :)

Attached Files

#12 Feldarzt

Feldarzt

Posted 17 February 2011 - 13:48

Got it. Seems like the starting Date 1/1/16 is to early for the Tool and no missions were created.
From March on, it works.

#13 mrlucky

mrlucky

Posted 20 November 2011 - 00:07

When I go to select a mission for AAR to process, after flying it, there are usually 2 or 3 selections to choose from in the drop down. I usually select the one that appears to have the latest time but I want to be sure I choose the right one. I usually have at least one kill each mission yet never get one credited from PWCG so I just want to make sure it's not from me choosing the wrong file. Also, how can I delete the old log files from previos missions. I've looked in the data folder and can't ascertain the relevant log files.
thanks

#14 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:05

Choose the one on the bottom of the list. That's the one you just flew.

If you have the AARs up to date for all your campaigns, you can delete all the old mission logs.

Hope that helps.

#15 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:54

Also, Pat's CG will delete the one you select to get the AAR from. So that helps clean up the mission logs. You might be seeing extra ones if you flew a QMB, Fly Now, MP or other mission. Anytime you fly, you will generate the mission log files. You can manually delete them if you know they are not needed for a PWCG mission.

#16 mrlucky

mrlucky

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:05

That all helps a lot. Thank you all very much.

#17 Woops

Woops

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:07

G'day all,
I hope I'm asking this in the right place.
I'm using Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how the missiom AI works.
I did a balloon defense mission (twice) with a leader, we covered all the waypoints but not once did we encounter any enemy aircraft nor spot a balloon to protect. When the mission was over it was recorded as incomplete both times.
Then i tried an offensive patrol in which the briefing stated two wings of EIII's plus 2 seaters were out there somewhere. As before we strictly followed all the waypoints and were returning home when I decided to go off on my own and check out a group of planes way way way in the distance. I was slaughtered of course.
Yet yesterday while on another patrol of 4 Nieuports we went miles out of our way to attack a single Albatros for no more than five seconds before returning to our waypoint patrol.
Sorry for the noob question, but I'm confused with this.
Any advice from you experienced aviators would be appreciated.
Cheers.

#18 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:23

G'day all,
I hope I'm asking this in the right place.
I'm using Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how the missiom AI works.
I did a balloon defense mission (twice) with a leader, we covered all the waypoints but not once did we encounter any enemy aircraft nor spot a balloon to protect. When the mission was over it was recorded as incomplete both times.
Then i tried an offensive patrol in which the briefing stated two wings of EIII's plus 2 seaters were out there somewhere. As before we strictly followed all the waypoints and were returning home when I decided to go off on my own and check out a group of planes way way way in the distance. I was slaughtered of course.
Yet yesterday while on another patrol of 4 Nieuports we went miles out of our way to attack a single Albatros for no more than five seconds before returning to our waypoint patrol.
Sorry for the noob question, but I'm confused with this.
Any advice from you experienced aviators would be appreciated.
Cheers.

The missions always are"incomplete" as far as I know. I just ignore that these days.
As for the balloon defence and no balloon, I haven't seen that yet, but I take your word for it.

Do you mean the skies are empty of enemy ? It often seems that way for me too, but then it hots up. Maybe try the medium simple config option. It may add some more planes, but could impact on your time compression speeds.

#19 Woops

Woops

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:45

Thanks, Windy. I'll try the medium config option.

Cheers.

#20 WindyCityZeke

WindyCityZeke

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:45

Hi all,

I've flown two missions using the PWCG so far, I can create missions and fly them, but when I go to enter a combat result it says: Mission Results Folder does not exist: …\…\data

Any ideas? I have the 'ROFCampaign' folder in my ROF folder.

Thanks for any help.

#21 elephant

elephant

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:30

Yes, I guess after the update your startup.cfg was reset too, like mine…
So, go to Rise of Flight\data
open the startup.cfg with wordpad,
find the section below and edit the bolded line as in the example.

[KEY = system]
debug_info = 0
gamelog = 1
keep_binary_log = 0
mission_text_log = 1
modes = 0
show_net_skins = 1
skin_dir = "graphics\Skins\"

:S!:

#22 WindyCityZeke

WindyCityZeke

Posted 25 December 2011 - 14:29

I had/have that set already, and just checked again to make sure, it's already set. Thanks anyway!

#23 Pieppers

Pieppers

Posted 25 December 2011 - 15:07

i got a question for you………i got the mission of my life 7 kills and the mission report denied ALL my victory WTF help me :x

#24 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 25 December 2011 - 16:29

[KEY = system]
debug_info = 0
gamelog = 1
keep_binary_log = 0
mission_text_log = 1
modes = 0
show_net_skins = 1

Good catch, elephant!

I was wondering why no new mission logs were being generated after the patch.

That explains it!

Sure would be nice if 777 (or some of our blind beta testers) informed us what they set back to default….

Thank you!

HT

#25 J5_Corsaire

J5_Corsaire

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:47

Strange, didn't have to touch mine, no reset…

#26 WindyCityZeke

WindyCityZeke

Posted 26 December 2011 - 18:49

Ok, I think I got everything to work now, seems the path I typed in was missing a space between "files" and (86).

Am I right that the new version doesn't have the AAR and Manuel AAR now, just a 'combat report' option.

#27 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 26 December 2011 - 19:25

Am I right that the new version doesn't have the AAR and Manuel AAR now, just a 'combat report' option.

Yes that's right, and in the config you can set what kind of combat report you get - manual/auto …

#28 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:37

For the first time I decided to end a mission after dying, I was disappointed to find out that PWCG doesn't recognize that you've died.

#29 elephant

elephant

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:06

You can declare yourself dead only in Manual-Combat report.
I have also noticed that sometimes, your squadmates kills are not counted in AAR or the new default semi-Auto one… :roll:

#30 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 27 December 2011 - 16:20

For the first time I decided to end a mission after dying, I was disappointed to find out that PWCG doesn't recognize that you've died.
That was a deliberate choice Pat made. He leaves it up to the player to determine if he is really dead and done. Some folks like to hit Refly; some play DiD. Rather than dictate that for you, he lets you decide.

#31 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 27 December 2011 - 20:22

Well you can hit refly and just make a new log file so that's not really necessary. The way it is now just let's me get shot down and report a victory anyways.

#32 ZaPPPa

ZaPPPa

Posted 13 January 2012 - 00:34

Don't know if anyone has done this before, but I added a bunch of names to the files that the campaign generator uses to generate names for squadmates. I pulled this names from various places on the internet and did not vet them very closely for period-appropriateness. Most names are pulled from 'most common family names' sites.

These files should help against having too many people in your squad with the same last name by increasing the number of names from about 30 per country to over 200 (and 1000 in case of britain because I hit the jackpot with a site with a perfectly formatted list to pull)

To use, just unzip and replace the files in the <Rise of Flight folder>\RoFCampaign\Data\Names

Patrick, if you're interested, feel free to use this names in any future versions.

Attached Files

#33 JohnnyDNGRSLY

JohnnyDNGRSLY

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:10

Don't know if anyone has done this before, but I added a bunch of names to the files that the campaign generator uses to generate names for squadmates. I pulled this names from various places on the internet and did not vet them very closely for period-appropriateness. Most names are pulled from 'most common family names' sites.

These files should help against having too many people in your squad with the same last name by increasing the number of names from about 30 per country to over 200 (and 1000 in case of britain because I hit the jackpot with a site with a perfectly formatted list to pull)

To use, just unzip and replace the files in the <Rise of Flight folder>\RoFCampaign\Data\Names

Patrick, if you're interested, feel free to use this names in any future versions.
What a contribution! I wonder if Jason would be interested in this for the beta career…?

#34 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 13 January 2012 - 23:57

…He leaves it up to the player to determine if he is really dead and done. Some folks like to hit Refly; some play DiD. Rather than dictate that for you, he lets you decide.
Amen!

#35 karnak

karnak

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:38

Hi guys,

this is my first post in this forum so let me first apologize for my bad english.

I realy like PWCG but there is one thing i dont know how to handle and i cant find an answer.
Its about the combat report. How do i make a report? The report shows who was flying and what losses we got or who of my members has shoot down an enemy. But if i shoot down one i can choose the victory and what plane it was but after that it shows no victories in my profile. Another thing is when i died, how do i report that?? Do i have to wrote "dead" ???

Sorry if these are stubid questions but i realy dont unterstand how to handle the report. Everething else works fine and is GREAT.

Ok i hope my english is good enough so that you guys understand what my question is :-)

#36 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 14 January 2012 - 18:42

karnak, your English is just fine and welcome to the RoF Forum.

Look at the Readme that comes with PWCG. If you want you automatic scoring, have to type in a path (it's somewhere in the preferences menu) to RoF so the PWCG prpgram can read the Mission Logs. You can also score manually but you probably won't know what your wingmen did.

If you die, as redpiano said above, you can keep playing the campaign or even refly the same mission (it won't automatically score you as dead) or, if you play Dead is Dead (as I do), you just manually remove that campaign from the Campaigns Folder. That's your choice.

Hope that helps.

#37 karnak

karnak

Posted 14 January 2012 - 18:59

Hi Tom,

thank you very much for your help. I will set the ARR on automatic and try a flight. I hope it works :-) if not i will call for help again ;-)

#38 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 14 January 2012 - 20:11

Please do ;)

Oh, and you might check this (stolen from an elephant post earlier in this thread):

[KEY = system]
debug_info = 0
gamelog = 1
keep_binary_log = 0
mission_text_log = 1
modes = 0
show_net_skins = 1

#39 karnak

karnak

Posted 15 January 2012 - 00:06

Now it works fine :-) THX Tom.
But there is a new question ;-)

Is it possible that aces cannot die? Because Kurt Wolf was shot down in two of my patrols. He went down with a burning plane both times but in combat report he is not dead or even wounded. Is this because of a script that the aces can only die by the real death date??? If yes then its the first thing of PWCG i dont like ;-)could i fix that by myself? I mean is there anything to adjust in the config? If he goes down burning he should be dead… :-)

#40 wrong_name_1161

wrong_name_1161

Posted 19 January 2012 - 18:08

How are you to know what happened with the other pilots in your squardon. When i flew the generated mission it just shows my name in the mission and no others. the name it shows is my profile name not my mission generator name. Is that normal or should I see the generated mission name with pilots in squadron?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users