Photo
- - - - -

Hanriot Dupont HD1

• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#281 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 08 June 2013 - 22:54

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

#282 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:27

Download:

http://www.mediafire...qb7va5s659zxl7r" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mediafire...qb7va5s659zxl7r

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#283 svivon

svivon

Posted 09 June 2013 - 17:19

There is something more recent ;)

http://filepost.com/..._HD.1-HD.2.pdf/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://filepost.com/...s/9e88fe63/WD_0 … -HD.2.pdf/

#284 Elem_Klimov

Elem_Klimov

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:02

I just wanted to resurrect this thread to find out what is happening with this much wanted aircraft? As it's silhouetted in the User Manual why is it not available to pre-order? Is it, or is it not due after the I 1/2 Strutter?

#285 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 01 October 2013 - 19:39

As it's silhouetted in the User Manual why is it not available to pre-order?

Obviously because they aren't ready to put it up for pre-order yet.

#286 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 01 October 2013 - 22:50

I just wanted to resurrect this thread to find out what is happening with this much wanted aircraft? As it's silhouetted in the User Manual why is it not available to pre-order? Is it, or is it not due after the I 1/2 Strutter?

Delivery crate lost somewhere on the Volga.

#287 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 01 October 2013 - 23:03

Hopefully it will be delivered after the bigger crate is delivered for the soviet and german troops.

#288 SQSN

SQSN

Posted 29 November 2013 - 15:41

I'd say, somewhere on Moskwa river, after being delivered there from Kiev. :S!:

PS I probably will be beaten for that! :xx:

#289 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 29 November 2013 - 15:47

Wow, that looks like an in-game pic!

#290 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 November 2013 - 16:06

The image has the time stamp like the bitmap screenshots. I want to belieeeeve.

:S!:

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#291 rolikiraly

rolikiraly

Posted 29 November 2013 - 18:09

Leaked screenshot? :lol:

Seriously what's that?

#292 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 29 November 2013 - 18:27

Uh oh… Han will now probably try to nuke you or Jason will come after you with his his automated weapons! ;)

Wonderful model and lovely aircraft though!!

:S!:

#293 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 19:27

Mmmmhhh… Sorry to maybe add something to the chastize, but where do you find references about Lewis gun used on Hanriot? I never saw something like this.

#294 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 29 November 2013 - 19:44

Mmmmhhh… Sorry to maybe add something to the chastize, but where do you find references about Lewis gun used on Hanriot? I never saw something like this.

References? We don't need no stinking references! Everyone likes more firepower!!! :x

#295 Waxworks

Waxworks

Posted 29 November 2013 - 19:49

Yeah but like the Triplane, when they added another MG it was another Vickers?

Another excellent machine tho, thanks for the early peek!

#296 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 29 November 2013 - 21:56

Well,sir,you'll die like a martyr at least! :S!:

Great surprises seems to be coming after a long silence.

#297 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 29 November 2013 - 22:15

References? We don't need no stinking references! Everyone likes more firepower!!! :x

:roll:

Piss off already.

#298 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 29 November 2013 - 22:18

:roll:

Piss off already.

Then tell us that 777 is adding the overwing lewis gun for any reason other than 'because they can'.

Why would we get an overwing Lewis gun for the HD1, which is historically irrelevant, and not a single seat bomber version of the Strutter, which is very important?

Sure, one is easy to add and the other perhaps isn't.

But that doesn't equate to 'piss off already'.

#299 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 29 November 2013 - 23:21

Then tell us that 777 is adding the overwing lewis gun for any reason other than 'because they can'.

Why would we get an overwing Lewis gun for the HD1, which is historically irrelevant, and not a single seat bomber version of the Strutter, which is very important?

Sure, one is easy to add and the other perhaps isn't.

But that doesn't equate to 'piss off already'.

Jorri, it's his constant smartass attitude that I'm tired of.

As for the HD1, let's wait and see what actually is delivered. None of us here yet knows exactly will be on/with the plane when it's done.

#300 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 29 November 2013 - 23:37

Sure, I'm gonna be super happy with the HD1, with or without Lewis :D And also I'm super happy with the screenshot, so thanks for sharing! SQSN has produced nothing but awesome planes for RoF.

#301 SQSN

SQSN

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:18

overwing Lewis gun for the HD1, which is historically irrelevant

We don't do anything, that is not historically relevant. When you are not aware of something, that does not mean, this something is inexistant, you see. 8-)

#302 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:44

Do you really want me to start naming things that never existed outside Rise of Flight? :lol: :D :S!:

#303 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 30 November 2013 - 13:38

We don't do anything, that is not historically relevant. When you are not aware of something, that does not mean, this something is inexistant, you see. 8-)

Burden of proof fallacy, i.e. appeal to ignorance.

#304 SQSN

SQSN

Posted 30 November 2013 - 13:42

Do you really want me to start naming things that never existed outside Rise of Flight? :lol: :D :S!:
I am not responcible for the whole "Rise of Flight", I am speaking only for my part of work.

#305 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 30 November 2013 - 14:26

I understand, SQSN, and I have a lot of respect for it.

#306 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 30 November 2013 - 14:51

Fair enough, you make the plane, you don't decide which weapon mod to put on it. I agree with Jorri that the HD1 in the pic looks very nice!

#307 SQSN

SQSN

Posted 30 November 2013 - 16:23

you don't decide which weapon mod to put on it
That is true. Yet, everything, we built for this project, existed IRL.

#308 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 17:03

Found it: Image

But nothing indicates that was more than an experiment. So, yes, it was done, a bit like the Davis gun on the Handley Page or the Lewis gun on the Albatros…

Yet again IMO it's difficult to class it in a "valid" category of weapons mods, seeing real air combat.

#309 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 30 November 2013 - 17:20

A beauty, thanks! Will have to push Belgian career further :D.

Luke, any estimation at what moment in Belgian career will they be introduced? August 1917?

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#310 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 30 November 2013 - 18:22

You're talking to someone who has gained a lot of experience and respect modeling aircraft in a historically correct way not only for Rise of Flight but also IL2. It would have been much wiser to just ask him what his source was for modeling the Lewis on the HD1, which as we see did exist.

#311 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 30 November 2013 - 18:23

Luke, any estimation at what moment in Belgian career will they be introduced? August 1917?

Correct, August 1917 til war's end.

#312 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:31

SQSN What on Earth are you DOING !

You make out the screen shot is MY Hanriot HD1 …… it is not , it is not a leak screenshot just so all here know the truth.

And please ….SQSN make your words clear and understandable to all.

Do not argue over a Blade of grass.

#313 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:04

Found it: Image

But nothing indicates that was more than an experiment. So, yes, it was done, a bit like the Davis gun on the Handley Page or the Lewis gun on the Albatros…

Yet again IMO it's difficult to class it in a "valid" category of weapons mods, seeing real air combat.

In that case I have no problems with it if it's just another weapons mod. The Davis gun on the HP and the Lewis on the Albatros have turned out to be not very practical in RoF, just as they weren't in RL. I think it's cool that you can find out their use for yourself in RoF.

#314 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 01 December 2013 - 21:45

You're talking to someone who has gained a lot of experience and respect modeling aircraft in a historically correct way not only for Rise of Flight but also IL2. It would have been much wiser to just ask him what his source was for modeling the Lewis on the HD1, which as we see did exist.

If I may interject, we do have Becker cannons and double-Parabellum installed on every Central two-seater so far. I think the photographic references only show installations on the Gotha and DFW or other aircraft not in the game. I don't believe references exist for installations on the Halb CL.II and Roland C.II. Furthermore, the Halb CL.II has three bomb racks while no photo shows more than one under the fuselage. References also state the maximum bomb weight of the CL.II was 50kg, but someone thought to triple this number seemingly because he/she felt the airplane could lift the weight.

While the argument over the HD.1 fell moot, with the introduction of evidence (thankfully), I think that this situation has historical precedence, resulting in a slightly distrustful attitude from some community members, though I do agree that we can all explain our points more respectfully. Emphasis added:

But this functionality doesn’t exist in the ROF yet and we didn’t want to restrict its possibility to attack ground targets. However, we found few photos of this plane with bomb racks for bombs. But we have decided to install such holders and to increase the bomb load to 150kg, which we think the plane could handle. We have added the racks under wings. We believe that this choice is correct; even though we do not have 100% accurate data.

http://riseofflight....22/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://riseofflight....22/default.aspx

#315 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 01 December 2013 - 22:14

Luno, the rationale behind the team allowing Becker cannons and twin Parabellum MGs on all German multi-seat aircraft is slightly different than the rest of the weapon mods. It's been a long time since it was discussed in the beta testing forums, but the gist of what Han said is that those particular weapon mods represent what the pilot could do to his plane had he had the means/resources to add them to his plane - not necessarily that they were fitted to those planes in reality.

I think the photographic references only show installations on the Gotha and DFW or other aircraft not in the game. I don't believe references exist for installations on the Halb CL.II and Roland C.II.

CL.IIs were tested with twin-Parabellum and Spandau MGs, but the performance hit was deemed to be too great. It's discussed in Windsock.

#316 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 01 December 2013 - 22:25

the Halb CL.II has three bomb racks while no photo shows more than one under the fuselage
don't want to split hairs but there is a picture that at least shows two bomb racks… can't find it right know but I uploaded it as an attachment in one of the older threads about the Cl.II loadouts.

While three bomb racks is one more than two you have to consider that you cannot actually use additional handg grenades or simply suppress artillery crews or infantrymen with machine guns as they are not present so in order to maintain a similar level of "usefulness" to the player the payload had to be slightly increased.

If there ever is a hand-grenade animation for the gunner i'd happily finish and submit this :P

#317 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 01 December 2013 - 23:32

It's been a long time since it was discussed in the beta testing forums, but the gist of what Han said is that those particular weapon mods represent what the pilot could do to his plane had he had the means/resources to add them to his plane - not necessarily that they were fitted to those planes in reality.

If this is the policy, then that is totally fine, just a long as it is stated clearly. I think the users and devs have different expectations and without communication, arguments will occur.

I was aware about the double-Spandau, but the double-Parabellum is news, so I will give you credit there.

Imperator, this has been talked about before. I think you mean this one?

Although the caption states the racks are underwing, this is a misinterpretation of the author. They hang low a bit, and combined with the perspective, appear to show the rack on the port wing. You will notice an absence of the racks on the starboard wing however. There is only one rack, and it is on the fuselage.

Very nice job on the grenades. I do agree it will be nice to see animations, but the rack is also useful. The Halb certainly wasn't a bomb truck like other two-seaters could be. More importantly, it greatly affects AI in the campaigns. I think the effectiveness of the Roland C.II with its one rack demonstrates that two or three are not needed for the sake of playability alone.

#318 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 01 December 2013 - 23:58

In that picture I guess you are right, it is a false interpretation by the author. I could swear though that there was a picutre that showed wing racks :)

#319 PCDurum

PCDurum

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:02

Hanriot HD-1 = 1 step closer to making an Isonzo front viable in ROF!(Deserves a frugal firework display) :D .Good news for the Belgians too! :S!:

#320 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 02 December 2013 - 17:04

If there ever is a hand-grenade animation for the gunner i'd happily finish and submit this :P

Isn't that the same shell used at the Granatenwerfer 16?

Hanriot HD-1 = 1 step closer to making an Isonzo front viable in ROF!(Deserves a frugal firework display) :D .Good news for the Belgians too! :S!:

*thumbs*!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users