- - - - -

Hanriot Dupont HD1

• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#1 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:26

hello :)

Just on the off chance someone can find a better 3 view blueprint of the above plane

Hanriot Dupont HD1

I have the above in slightly better detail in 2829px * 5000px but the lines are THICK and not great for making a 3d model

Any assistance in pointing to a better detailed 3 or 4 view drawing would be great thanks

Best Regards
Wolfie

#2 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:10

never mind i found one that is good enough

http://en.wikipedia....HD-1_3_vues.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia....wiki/File:Hanri … 3_vues.jpg

#3 Acasto

Acasto

Posted 17 June 2010 - 13:05

never mind i found one that is good enough

http://en.wikipedia....HD-1_3_vues.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia....wiki/File:Hanri … 3_vues.jpg

#4 =FB=VikS

=FB=VikS
  • Developer

Posted 17 June 2010 - 15:08

Hey Tony!

Check e-mail ;)

#5 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 17 June 2010 - 21:00

Dedalo, Thank you and for pm :)

=FB=VikS, You should put warning label on zip file because i fainted several times hehehehehehehe

Salute Sir and Major thanks for the data , it is outstanding quality.

I will not ask how you got that much info im thinking you know someone who OWNS the plane :D but it is all i need to make the Hanriot Dupont HD1 plane.

Thanks

#6 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 17 June 2010 - 21:51

I think it would be very useful to have some sort of list or system for people to announce and claim which aircraft they started work on so we don't have redundancies and waste time and effort.

Maybe Neoqb could make somebody in the community (who is not already engaged in testing and so on :D ) some sort of user content coordinator? I believe I read about lefty and somebody else talking about it who eventually declined, iirc.

#7 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:38

I think it would be very useful to have some sort of list or system for people to announce and claim which aircraft they started work on so we don't have redundancies and waste time and effort.

Maybe Neoqb could make somebody in the community (who is not already engaged in testing and so on :D ) some sort of user content coordinator? I believe I read about lefty and somebody else talking about it who eventually declined, iirc.

I believe JayDolan offered to do that in this thread, so we have our volunteer ;)

As for a claim to planes: I would like to plant a flag in the Fokker D.VI (currently in progress), the Hlaberstadt CL.II and IV (working on the II already as well, the IV should be an easy follow up) and possibly the Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter. I have (access to) quite a few Windsock Datafiles (possibly the entire library ???) so my limits are pretty much… limitless :D

#8 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 18 June 2010 - 13:32

Maybe Neoqb could make somebody in the community (who is not already engaged in testing and so on ) some sort of user content coordinator? I believe I read about lefty and somebody else talking about it who eventually declined, iirc.

I can see the sense in getting organised so 3rd party people like Lucas and his team dont make the same objects as lets say Ming or me

Thats probably why Rise of Flight created these forums it can be policed by the Owner of the Flight Simulator and the moderators and admins and ,,,well the common sense of all.

Saying that , i would hope that a 3d model has to be COMPLETED ! (not Beta) to get APPROVAL before it can be released to the public , by getting approval the level of Quality can bring enjoyment and stop BETA releases :)
No one wants to download a buggy mod 3d model , a approval QC stamp from rof sets a standard thats HIGHER than other flight sim mod addons.

Ohhh

Has anyone got an objection to me "having a go" at making a hanriot dupont hd1 :) it may not meet ROF approval QC but i would enjoy having a go :)

I can assure you i will not be staking out flags CLAIMing 3d model lol i would rather go fly :D

Just a hobby :)

#9 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 18 June 2010 - 13:34

Seeing the quality of your other work, I think Neoqb would be crazy not to let you 'have a go'.

#10 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 18 June 2010 - 13:51

Would love to see you have a go.

And if anything made by users is to end up in game, all I want is that no compromises are made in quality just because it has been made by a community member and we do not want to dissapoint them or tell them their effort has been for naught unless their product is absolutely flawless. But I guess we can count on that.

#11 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 18 June 2010 - 14:16

Jorri :) totally agree :)

I would not be dissapointed or offended if my best abilities, was not good enough to be in game.

That just means we can fly THE BEST flight sim everyday , and i have a goal to learn towards :)

#12 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 18 June 2010 - 21:17

I agree as well. The models need to meet or exceed the quality already in game to even be considered. And if what I make does not make the cut, so be it, back to the drawing board.

As far as planting flags/claiming planes: this is purely to prevent wasted time. I made a historical skin a while back and went through the submission (where it was approved) only to find out that there was another made and included in the official skin pack released by neoqb, and therefore mine was discarded. Worse off was Panthercules who had fifteen skins that were duplicated. So having a claim on a model/skin just means that we know that we are the only ones working on it and won't find out after all is said and done that our efforts were all for not.

#13 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:24

I think it happens , it has happened to myself and a friend, we built a il-2 su-26 and cockpit only to watch someone else release a version of the plane , it happens :) , we had not posted any info saying what were doing and they had limited english so did not post either just pure fluke :)

If i asked how many projects are in your computer that never see the light of day i bet its at least 60 items and probably much much more hehehee if the truth was told hehehe

i know that the zeppelin im making is for long future and to be honest ,may never get into the sim at all , but a plane has more of a chance because it would not need coding and scripting written , and the Hanriot covered alot of countries , i was taken aback by just who used the plane it was very popular but till i researched i never knew much about the plane.

The animation will scare me lol that damage modelling will be a huge learning curve :D
I think thats why i picked a smaller plane to understand and get my poor head around the concept the only animation i have ever done was a wall falling over :D

http://cid-a3a8bd576...D5767E4056C!222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cid-a3a8bd576...56c.photos.live … E4056C!222
and
http://www.youtube.c...u/4/Nnk3qxLlaBQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.c...ser/RAF662Wolf# … nk3qxLlaBQ
The utube vid you have to imagine a Explossion under water and then the water falling with the brickwork , animation of damage modelling is going to be the challenge for me , but i will meet it head to head.

#14 PC230SL

PC230SL

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:57

Hey guys, I hope you don't mind, but some one on the aerodrome forum has posted a link to some of their photo's of the Hanriot HD1 and the Sopwith Triplane, they include some close up detail shots, might be worth a look!

Link to the forum thread:

http://www.theaerodr...walkrounds.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theaerodr...com/forum/model … ounds.html

Direct Link to the Hanriot photo's:

http://picasaweb.goo...kov/HanriotHD1#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://picasaweb.goo...kov/HanriotHD1#

Direct Link to the Sopwith Triplane photo's:

http://picasaweb.goo...pwitchTriplane#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://picasaweb.goo...com/sergey.arch … hTriplane#

Regards

PC

#15 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 19 June 2010 - 13:44

S! Always good to see links ,, THANK YOU !

Hanriot cockpit photos are the ones to find the actual plane i have loads of references now but not so much when it comes to the cockpit or the skeleton airframe.

#16 PC230SL

PC230SL

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:21

Glad you like the links, here is another set of the Hendon HD1 form another avid fan:

http://web.me.com/wi...D.1_Hendon.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://web.me.com/wi...ke/Inglorious_M … endon.html

PC

#17 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:58

Just the start :) more to come as it grows into an aircraft

:)

#18 GBrutus

GBrutus

Posted 23 June 2010 - 13:08

Great work, coming along nicely.

#19 =FB=VikS

=FB=VikS
  • Developer

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:18

way to go! ;)

#20 sgran

sgran

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:54

I suppose there's no plans by the ROF team to model this aircraft? I suppose there are more prior aircraft but this looks like a great little fighter, which Coppens piloted for most of his balloon victories I believe. I'm interested to know what it's like to model an aircraft for ROF. Do you need to do the structure then add canvas which can be torn. Also since the damage models in ROF are so complex, does this lead to any special proceedures?

#21 WW1EAF_Ming

WW1EAF_Ming

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:11

Thinking back to Oleg's Il-2 there were many planes talked about Wolfy and we got some of them but not some others

How to avoid people/teams overlapping, that's a tricky one

For example A 'bags' a plane (by stating it's their work-in-progress) that B wants to model

Down the line we find that A did little work on the model… B is upset

How to tell that a plane 'picked' will end up being completed?

Jason will organise it I'm sure but it'll be a bit of a headache and we should not get too excited about building models for Rise of Flight until we know that it will indeed be possible in the future.

Building models in itself is an exciting and interesting more-than-hobby

I don't advise anyone to begin compiling wishlists until we know more about the business model (will there be contracts? and so on), but of course we can build our own models for our ourselves and flight-sim nuts like us and dream and make (tentative) plans for objects and planes. Or find them yes :)

Ming

#22 =FB=VikS

=FB=VikS
  • Developer

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:32

I'm interested to know what it's like to model an aircraft for ROF. Do you need to do the structure then add canvas which can be torn. Also since the damage models in ROF are so complex, does this lead to any special proceedures?

It is going to see the light when SDK will be rdy, its in work at the moment, but cant tell you exatly when it gonna be rdy.

#23 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:55

Hello :D

I scrapped the above fuselage as i found a mistake on the right hand side that i just couldnot fix it got me frustrated , but i changed tactics and have gone to spline cage modelling so i have the control to shape each vertex point this time :)

Will post some photo's when i have something to show thats an improvement.

Sgran… i have no idea what planes rise of flight will release , i just like messing around in 3D :)

#24 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 24 June 2010 - 13:14

EAF19_Ming
All i want it for Rise of Flight to look at and police the quality , no one wants to fly in a orange box crate called a hanriot_hd1_BetaV1.8

There should be a point where a model has to be submitted for approval , to get a ROF stamp of quality before its released to the public , no BETA models allowed to be released.

Thats a wishlist :D

As for two people making the same plane or item ….hmm
In IL-2 i made a SU26 cockpit for a plane a good friend created.
The project was made quietly and slowly in private and one day i popped online to see a different team not only had they made the su-26 but the same version same year model :)And released it to the public .

It happens mate :D Murphies Law applies

Common sense learned me to make a post show that you are actually making the model and dont over stretch your abilities by doing to much.

I figure making the hanriot and getting it approved to a level of quality rise of flight are happy is my first goal.

The whole project is so i can learn how to do this for the Zeppelin :) figure smaller item easier to achieve success.

If they want to take over at that point and carry on making the planes FMs, Damage modelling , Skins template , and COCKPIT ! thats fine with me :D

when the external 3D model is complete , if i am allowed to create the Cockpit,,, i will be a happy chappy hehehe i like making cockpits , i find that part more challenging :)
at completion of a cockpit again i would freely hand it over to rise of flight , why ?

Animation scares the living daylights out of me hehehe

But hey , its a learning curve :D

#25 catchov

catchov

Posted 24 June 2010 - 23:50

…. i changed tactics and have gone to spline cage modelling so i have the control to shape each vertex point this time :)

I would have advised this if I knew anything about 3D modelling :lol: Keep at it Wolfie. Looking forward to the happy snaps :)

#26 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:09

Ok :)
Spline caged the wings , and rebuilt the fuselage aswell , added rudder and elevators
next to do is cut out ailerons and the centre of top-wing , but starting to look like a plane, in away

#27 catchov

catchov

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:34

That fuselage looks good now ;) She's gonna be a beaut :)

#28 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:44

I lied just for you Tony hehehe i fixed the old one hehehee

Catch22 hey ! who would of thought it hehehe

#29 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:49

Keep it up Wolfpac, starting to look good. Things will get more interesting once you're into cutting it up into all the seperate parts for the DM, getting all the normals right and let's not forget texturing. That's where I usually let someone else take over :)

I'm inclined to give it a go myself, but I would have to drop everything else I'm doing at the moment…

#30 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:08

Vanderstok , i have to ask its my nosy nature

Whats your IL-2 online nickname please , do i know you

Had to ask :D

#31 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:56

Nice looking bird, Wolf! Does the fuselage have been splitted by you into three parts ? Iam just curious. Good luck!

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy
http://1pl.boo.pl

#32 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:36

Hiya Lucas :)

Fuselage is 5 parts

Cowling
Nose
Pilot_Area
Rear_Pilot (shaded this one differently so i can remember fuselage its not attached yet :)
Tail

Wings are all one piece, no mirror modifier for top and bottom wing
2 elevator,1 elevator stabaliser
1 rudder ,1 rudderfin

I was going to make all one piece fuselage , then use pro-cutter modifier, to slice up later but, i have not got a clue what the max polygon limit is for one piece so i made it so all pieces are low polygon counts.
Infact , as it is progressing this could go into most flight sims ,its level is made shy of polygon to save going back to correct over and over in the future.

added elevator hinges :) took me ages to work out what the ROF 3D Team did with the hinges ended up crasking the plane so i could have a close look inside the wings and elevator areas lol
Crafty but neat trick of illusion :D

Lucas , have you worked out how to do the road map and rail map yet ?

#33 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:37

Vanderstok , i have to ask its my nosy nature

Whats your IL-2 online nickname please , do i know you

Had to ask :D

Same as here. Never did an aircraft for Il-2 but have been contemplating it. I've created aircraft for SDOE (loooong time ago) and various sportscars for racing sims.

#34 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:54

Vanderstok , I feel like im on some kind of Star Trek Adventure

Boldly go where no man has gone before :D

SDOE ? whats that

#35 PC230SL

PC230SL

Posted 26 June 2010 - 13:30

I think I might be able to answer your question there:

SDOE = Screamin Deamons Over Europe

It's full title was:

Fighter Squadron
The Sceamin' Demons Over Europe

This was an amazingly well thought out Flight simulation originally based on WW 2 aircraft but included the ability to allow the community to model any object for interaction within it's world using Open Plane Sim.

The main web site for it is here:

http://www.openplane...0489911e00b0af2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.openplane...com/forums/inde … 11e00b0af2

It was originally distributed by Activision.

Several people have done an incredible job keeping it alive and it really deserves a mention and a look at as there are aircraft modelled within it that no other flight simulator has ever tried.

If you have a close look at it, there are some real surprises.

Maybe the SDK kit mentioned for Rise of Flight will help to keep it healthy and strong for a long time to come, I for one certainly hope so as RoF is by far one of the most enjoyable simulators out there today with the potential to be the greatest.

I guess it's all a matter of time.

Hope this is the right answer!

Regards to all

PC

#36 WW1EAF_Ming

WW1EAF_Ming

Posted 26 June 2010 - 13:50

Boldly go where no man has gone before

You even corrected the spliff I mean split infinitive :)

Same here Wolfy I'm getting visions of crossing the Alps one day. In a Spruce Goose. Let me dream mate :)

Several people have done an incredible job keeping it alive and it really deserves a mention and a look at as there are aircraft modelled within it that no other flight simulator has ever tried.

Amen to that PC it's a great sim, it upped the ante. Tiny maps made it less desirable to fly but we had great fun in there

Ming

#37 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 26 June 2010 - 17:44

I think I might be able to answer your question there:

SDOE = Screamin Deamons Over Europe

I'll never forget the first time I started a mission in that game. First time I noticed engine torque and everything was modeled. The aircraft swayed a little side to side. I was totally hooked!

The openplane concept was a grand idea. Too bad it wasn't developed further. Otherwise RoF would perhaps now have it as it's core… :)

Just noticed our little websites are still live!

My first plane LOL :Heinkel he-100d
And this one (a joint venture): Bf 109g

#38 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:40

Added WingStruts , Ailerons and hinges
:)
moving house this Thursday , so ,this is it for now

#39 catchov

catchov

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:20

Getting there mate :) Moving house ? Lovely. Always fun :?

#40 WW1EAF_Ming

WW1EAF_Ming

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:33

There's no SDK yet Wolfy but I was wondering on seeing you spending time getting your exquisitely formed I bet hand in.

The third-party team which has been creating the new models we're seeing must of course have details of the models' specification, polygon numbers, LOD models and whatnot. If we talked to that team and bought them beer they might give us a teaser heads-up of what will probably be needed to build a Rise of Flight model using the to-be-released SDK

What I mean is, if neoqb wants third-party teams to hit the ground running, I think we all want that, it's good for business: maybe they could release information on likely I stress likely specifications

Thing is, as gentlemen we do not want neoqb to feel under pressure that we would give them a hard time if we felt we'd been promised something and it wasn't actually delivered, that's not good for business. But if they felt that we understand that no promises are being made at any time- they might want to give us a hint :)

Ming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users