Photo
- - - - -

No Euro anymore?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:22

Why is it no longer possible to pay with Euro?

#2 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:36

From Jason,head of 777 studio's over at sim hq:

''We no longer use Chronopay. We now use tried and true Authorize.net from right here in the USA. We also now only accept Dollars. That is simply because our new gateway only processes dollars. No anti-Europe slant or anything like that. Just a limit of the service.

Jason''

I don't like it either,but I guess we have to live with it!

#3 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:43

because dollar value went up ;) …..

#4 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:49

Yeah,just did a currency conversion,looks like the planes got more expensive for us! When I brought the DH2 last week it cost me £4.62,today it would cost me £5.17!
funny that… :roll:

#5 winger2

winger2

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:28

Yeah,just did a currency conversion,looks like the planes got more expensive for us! When I brought the DH2 last week it cost me £4.62,today it would cost me £5.17!
funny that… :roll:

Yeah, wonder how it will be once the Euro is at 1,60 $ or more again. Thats FUBAR!

Winger

#6 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:32

Well, since my bank takes HUGE commission taxes, I'll think twice about my next purchase.
Luckily, none of the planes released since the DR I have interested me. :mrgreen: (well, until Nieuport XI get fixed)

#7 ZaltysZ

ZaltysZ

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:03

Yeah, wonder how it will be once the Euro is at 1,60 $ or more again. Thats FUBAR!

EU is a little bit bugged now, the need patch! :D

#8 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:07

Winger

then Euro will be back an I'll start buying planes again.
Until then I shall live without S.E.5a I just wanted to buy.
Never mind, I have a lot to learn with my current planes…

#9 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:16

From Jason,head of 777 studio's over at sim hq:

… That is simply because our new gateway only processes dollars.
Jason''

Very interesting gateway, indeed…

#10 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:23

Not a massive increase, I mean what else did you have that 55p set aside for?

#11 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:26

Over 10% increase overnight? Not bad business!
55 pence today,how much next week?

#12 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:28

The DH2 cost me 1500 HUF last week. Now I payed 1800 HUF for the Pfalz D.XII :(

#13 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:30

So,big price increase,and no announcement?

#14 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:42

Well, since my bank takes HUGE commission taxes, I'll think twice about my next purchase.
Luckily, none of the planes released since the DR I have interested me. :mrgreen: (well, until Nieuport XI get fixed)
Just curious, how much are conversion commission taxes in your bank for cards?

I've 2xVisa (roubles and euros), MasterCard (USD), all were issued by Russian banks. I've bought numerous things last years (both in online and onsite in foreign countries: Canada, Germany, China). Always, conversion fee for all cards was not noticeable at all, and result was much better than in currency exchange kiosks.

However, last year I prefer PayPal for online purchases.

PS:
Low euro is good for my home budget, cause I like high-tech gadgets, theirs local price in Russia is often based on european price.
From other point of view, it's sad, cause my bank account had twice euros than dollars.

#15 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:49

The prices havent gone up, the dollar is just strong against stirling and euro at the moment.

Blame the Greece, Spain, the UK and the Global economy.

#16 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:54

The prices havent gone up, the dollar is just strong against stirling and euro at the moment.

Ok, we can wait…
;)

#17 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:55

Lol i wouldnt hold your breath. I cant the economy improving for at least a year :(

#18 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:56

OK my next plane purchase wil be subject to international money market fluctuations!
A very large portion of this community uses Euro's and pounds to pay for planes,and now that option is just taken away,for no other reason than an American company prefers dollars?
Since last Friday,price has gone up over 10% for me,and to me,that counts as a price increase…

#19 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:13

Lol i wouldnt hold your breath. I cant the economy improving for at least a year :(

I have plenty of time to master the 3 new planes I bought last week (in Euro).
I was about to buy 1 bundle and 1 plane. Now I just won't.
Mostly because of the way this was done - silently, cowardly.
We are all grown people here, not small children, so we would expect fair/open treatment.

#20 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:15

''We no longer use Chronopay. We now use tried and true Authorize.net from right here in the USA. We also now only accept Dollars. That is simply because our new gateway only processes dollars. No anti-Europe slant or anything like that. Just a limit of the service.

Jason''

Whats secret or cowardly about the above?

#21 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:22

Jason''

Whats secret or cowardly about the above?

1. Not saying a word of explanation on the store page.
2. Instead of saying "sorry guys, Euro is low now, we need to rise prices in Euro", stating that new gateway can only process $$$$. Previous gateway had no problem with Euro. One would expect that new gateway is better than previous, not the other way round.

#22 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:35

Just curious, how much are conversion commission taxes in your bank for cards?

Well, for dollars (I take a price of 5.35 euros for basis), the tax can be up to 1 euros out of 5.35, meaning the real price is 6.35E for me.
It's…a… well, 20% much.
But it seems this is a fix tax, for higher dollars amount I pay less in percentage for conversion.
So, I'll wait to have a significant amount to buy planes, and since now we haven't euros anymore I hope "free" bundles will be available, where we can choose our planes ourselves.
Well, at least at soon as there will be other planes available, of course.

#23 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:37

Well obviously the new gateway is better for the American publisher,who the whole world has to go through…
And yes,no announcement on the official RoF site,and only a post found by accident buried in a thread at an unofficial flight sim forum is not the way to go about things.

#24 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:26

But it seems this is a fix tax, for higher dollars amount I pay less in percentage for conversion.
thanks, seems really some fixed tax (more likely: "some percent, but not less than 1 euro") is taken on each operation.
Hm, may be I also need to check my banks tariffs, just in case.

#25 WF2

WF2

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:47

I think on the store wed site there should be a noted add that ;

"the purchase price does not reflect all transaction fees charged i.e. exchange fees, taxes, transaction fees. etc. Your total purchase price maybe higher then shown."

Just a suggestion.

#26 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 15 June 2010 - 14:38

Last week I created my PayPal account to be able to buy planes in RoF.
I have bought DH2 and Bundle B (prices in Euro).
Then I wanted to buy S.E.5a and one more bundle to follow, but I all of the sudden noticed, that it is no more possible to pay in Euro.

As I already have a PayPal I started to consider moving to OFF now, because for the price of about four/five RoF planes (OFF costs $29.99 + 4.99 Eur for CFS3) I'll get these planes (now):

Allied Single Seaters/Fighters:

Bristol F2B (fighter role) - NEW For P3!
Bristol Scout
DH2
DH2 Late
Nieuport N11 "Bebe"
Nieuport N16
Nieuport N17
Royal Aircraft Factory Se5a - Hipsano engine - Enhanced For P3! (model further enhanced in the Superpatch)
Royal Aircraft Factory Se5a - Viper engine - Enhanced For P3! (model further enhanced in the Superpatch)
Sopwith Pup
Sopwith Triplane - Enhanced for P3
Sopwith Triplane Twin Guns - NEW For P3!
Sopwith Camel - Enhanced For P3!
Spad VII - Enhanced For P3!
Spad XIII - Enhanced For P3!

Allied 2 Seaters or Bombers:

Bristol F2B (bomber/reccy role) - NEW For P3!
Sopwith 1&1/2 Strutter 2 seater
Sopwith 1&1/2 Strutter single seater fighter/bomber variant
Royal Aircraft Factory FE2b - NEW For P3!
Royal Aircraft Factory RE8 - redone BRAND NEW model For P3!
Royal Aircraft Factory BE2C - NEW For P3!

German Single seaters:

Albatros DII
Albatros DIII early
Albatros DIII
Albatros DV early
Albatros DV
Albatros DVa
Albatros DVa 200 PS
Fokker DR1
Fokker DVII
Fokker DVII OAW
Fokker DVIIF
Fokker EIII
Halberstadt DII - NEW For P3!
Pfalz DIIIa

German 2 seaters or bombers:

DFW CV- NEW For P3!
Hannover CL IIIa - Enhanced For P3! (new Virtual cockpit!)
Roland CII Walfisch - NEW For P3!
============================================================

Food for thought….

#27 Han

Han
  • Developer

Posted 15 June 2010 - 18:00

Why it is problem to pay in USD for you?

#28 =FB=VikS

=FB=VikS
  • Developer

Posted 15 June 2010 - 18:16

Over 10% increase overnight? Not bad business!
55 pence today,how much next week?

Businnes for banks? Yes
We are getting only fixed amount (the one listed in store=plane price) - all taxes is taken by banks and transfer holders.

#29 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 15 June 2010 - 18:18

Actually, has paypal been removed as a payment option altogether?

I did not buy planes until PayPal was implemented, and I won't buy any more until it's back. The only online money place that has my payment details are my own bank and Pay Pal.

It's not that I distrust other payment options, but with Pay Pal I transfer only what I need to spend into the account for specific purchases, and as I understand it, even if my Pay Pal account were to be hacked into, all I would lose would be the small amount currently in there rather than any amount my credit limit would cover.

Their logo is not at the bottom of the page with the other payment options.

#30 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 15 June 2010 - 18:22

It seems to be more expensive now.Last week we could pay in euro's,now we can only pay in dollars,so have to pay more,due to the strength of the dollar.I don't blame neoqb,I blame the American distributors new payment gateway.
For me last week a plane was £4.62,now it is £5.17.
Not much,but over 10% more expensive.
And,as said above,the paypal option is no longer on the store,so it looks like no more planes for me either.

#31 =69.GIAP=TUSHKA

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Posted 15 June 2010 - 18:26

It is only a matter of the foreign exchange fees that banks are charging their customers plus changing exchange rates.

With the new processing I can pay directly in US dollars and so for me the total price has dropped because I no longer have to pay a foreign exchange fee.

Those who were paying in Euros, now have to pay their banks to convert euros to dollars, and also have to pay for something priced in dollars with devalued euros. Welcome to the world of international finance!

Note that it is the banks, not neoqb or 777 Studios, who are gouging us for the foreign exchange fees, and it is global economic forces, not neoqb or 777 Studios, who set currency exchange rates.

#32 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 15 June 2010 - 18:30

It is only a matter of the foreign exchange fees that banks are charging their customers plus changing exchange rates.

With the new processing I can pay directly in US dollars and so for me the total price has dropped because I no longer have to pay a foreign exchange fee.

Those who were paying in Euros, now have to pay their banks to convert euros to dollars, and also have to pay for something priced in dollars with devalued euros. Welcome to the world of international finance!

Note that it is the banks, not neoqb or 777 Studios, who are gouging us for the foreign exchange fees, and it is global economic forces, not neoqb or 777 Studios, who set currency exchange rates.
Was it the banks that changed the payment method from chronopay (Euro's/pounds/dollars) to the new gateway (dollars) ?

#33 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 15 June 2010 - 18:31

It's not about the actual currency for me either. I still think we are getting a pretty decent deal even at over a fiver for a plane rather than for four pound seventy odd pence.

Dollars, Euros or Sterling, I have paid with using Pay Pal. I was even refunded 3 dollars and 4 cents on one transaction (not sure why), but that is still in my Pay Pal account.

Really would prefer to see the Pay Pal option back, even if I "have" to pay Dollars rather than Euros.

#34 Rammi

Rammi

Posted 15 June 2010 - 18:46

Ähem Guys just checked out and PayPal is still availlable! Just check the Box of the Plane you wanna purchase and the cklick "Buy selected" Then a paypal icon in a window appears.

But On 16th May I bought a Plane bundle for 8,70€ and now a bundle price would be 10,90€ not so nice for us at all :o

#35 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 15 June 2010 - 18:56

Ah, my apologies then.

Since I have all planes already I couldn't check PP was still available without the icon being there.

#36 Han

Han
  • Developer

Posted 15 June 2010 - 19:39

It seems to be more expensive now.Last week we could pay in euro's,now we can only pay in dollars,so have to pay more,due to the strength of the dollar.I don't blame neoqb,I blame the American distributors new payment gateway.
For me last week a plane was £4.62,now it is £5.17.
Not much,but over 10% more expensive.
And,as said above,the paypal option is no longer on the store,so it looks like no more planes for me either.
Oh, now I understand you.
But we naothing can do now - not our rules.

#37 goodloop

goodloop

Posted 21 June 2010 - 15:35

Poeple from Europe, don't buy planes until we can pay in Euro. I love the game but I won't pay more and let my bank takes commission taxes when I pay in USD.

Euro is used in 16 countries in Europe. I have bought the game in my country in Euro and now I have to pay in USD, that's absurd. :x

#38 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 21 June 2010 - 16:07

Poeple from Europe, don't buy planes until we can pay in Euro. I love the game but I won't pay more and let my bank takes commission taxes when I pay in USD.

Euro is used in 16 countries in Europe. I have bought the game in my country in Euro and now I have to pay in USD, that's absurd. :x

I don't think I will stop to buy planes. But since the price of a plane for me is changing from 5.35 euros to 7 euros, I will buy less planes, only those I'm REALLY interested in. At the beginning I was buying all the planes, now I'm done. You want to sell more planes? Well, bring the ability to buy them in Euros, and you will sell more. I know, need to support the sim, economic crisis, and all this sort of things… Ok. But you know what? It's the economic crisis in my wallet too ;)

#39 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 21 June 2010 - 16:11

I love the game

You do? :shock: :roll:

#40 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 21 June 2010 - 16:32

… , I will buy less planes, only those I'm REALLY interested in…
… You want to sell more planes? Well, bring the ability to buy them in Euros, and you will sell more. …

The same with me…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users