Photo
- - - - -

Static objects

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 14 June 2010 - 19:13

Could you please provide, on a forthcoming update, the aircraft, trucks, guns, etc. in static objects?

without IA, but like simple objects, in order to be able to create some decorations, without using too much on the processor.

#2 WW1EAF_Ming

WW1EAF_Ming

Posted 14 June 2010 - 19:23

We have that objects list for Il-2, some excellent person provided a PDF of them all and that's very handy for building missions

I think there are images of the objects in RoF somewhere, Mission Editor?

Ming

#3 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:06

yes, indeed.

I am not certain to render comprehensible me in English.

I wanted to say, that the truck, planes, guns etc. in RoF, consume resource processor. we cannot thus put much of it.
If we could have them in “static objects”, we could put some more. To decorate the runways, the trenches, etc.

#4 =FB=VikS

=FB=VikS
  • Developer

Posted 15 June 2010 - 16:42

yes, indeed.

I am not certain to render comprehensible me in English.

I wanted to say, that the truck, planes, guns etc. in RoF, consume resource processor. we cannot thus put much of it.
If we could have them in “static objects”, we could put some more. To decorate the runways, the trenches, etc.

We have some plans to make static objects (object w/o entity) in the future, but cant say exactly when.

#5 Criquet

Criquet

Posted 15 June 2010 - 16:49

very well, merci

would it be possible, easily, to make the planes, vehicles, gun, machine-gun, existing already, inert? without AI?

as in IL2, or tanks can be animated or a simple object

#6 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 17 June 2010 - 19:22

Yes, static objects seem to take up much less resources then mobiles. In IL2 you could pack the map with static objects but mobile units were resource hogs.

Static aircraft at airfileds would look very nice, its a bit lonely at the moment.

#7 Raston

Raston

Posted 01 November 2012 - 17:07

Once the Channel Map is released will we get an updated ME which could include all the new static and movable objects? It would be great to have some new material to add even more realism to the maps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users