- - - - -

Lets see your Flight Sim desks.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 10 June 2010 - 22:13

Okay then, I guess I have to add myself to the list of simpit geeks :) Here's mine:

Attached File  simpit.jpg   63.87KB   596 downloads

#42 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 10 June 2010 - 22:14

..so do those gauges work in Rise of Flight?

#43 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 10 June 2010 - 22:23

Okay then, I guess I have to add myself to the list of simpit geeks :) Here's mine:

WOW that is very cool :!:

#44 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 10 June 2010 - 22:23

Yes! The right one is a clock, the left one is a dummy :)

No, it's just the switches that are connected. I'll never build real dials into it, since you have a virtual cockpit in the game already…

#45 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:22

Here's mine i wish

Attached Files

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#46 Baal2

Baal2

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:22

Never been able to 'fly' with the joystick off to the side like that! I know a few do that,but it just feels so…unnatural.

I have mine angled downward and outward so that they are very comfortable for long flights.

At first glance I thought it was a kind of gyneco examination chair :shock:

#47 winger2

winger2

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:52

Never been able to 'fly' with the joystick off to the side like that! I know a few do that,but it just feels so…unnatural.

I have mine angled downward and outward so that they are very comfortable for long flights.

At first glance I thought it was a kind of gyneco examination chair :shock:

LOOOL

Winger

#48 winger2

winger2

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:53

Nice!. Expensive Stick you got theree eh?

Winger

#49 SYN_Ricky

SYN_Ricky

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:10

Here's my desk, a whole lot of dust and clutter and half the room I live in:

The most important equipment I see in this picture is the Duvel bottle 8-)

;)

#50 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 11 June 2010 - 15:22

@ Nova: Here is an advertisement pic:

and here's a virtual schematic image:

I looked long and hard and was reluctant to pay the asking price (they're typically used in healthcare environments for imaging equipment and such), but found one still "new in box" on Ebay for about $50. I couldn't pass it up. It's rock solid and fully articulating.

@ Winger2: Actually, this is one corner of my upstairs bedroom. I also have a 46" widescreen TV on one wall and a full sized couch at the foot of the bed. Yes, it's a big room, but even so, my Wife has said once my middle son moves out (he's 20), I'm migrating all my "crap" into his old room. Cool with me.
8-)

#51 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 11 June 2010 - 17:00

Nice!. Expensive Stick you got theree eh?

Winger

LOL, if you think 10 euros for a second hand Thrustmaster stick connected to the usb controller of my old Thrustmaster Top Gun is expensive!

#52 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 20 June 2010 - 20:31

Here is my little setup:

#53 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:30

Hmmm…that must be a pusher prototype on your monitor. I don't see the prop. :P

#54 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:28

Since everyone took such wonderful pictures, I figured I could come in and ruin it all with pictures taken from my phone :)

Here's my setup:

#55 catchov

catchov

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:01

:shock:

#56 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 25 June 2010 - 18:05

I saw that same desk when I was at Frys in Seattle. It looks great but I never got to try it out because they could never get itset up right and I wasn't allowed to help, something about not being on the employment roster. I do like the two side piecs for the controllers and may have to incorporate that in when I build a new desk.

#57 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 25 June 2010 - 18:12

I looked long and hard and was reluctant to pay the asking price (they're typically used in healthcare environments for imaging equipment and such), but found one still "new in box" on Ebay for about $50. I couldn't pass it up. It's rock solid and fully articulating.
Wow you got lucky all the ones I found were over $150, I'll just keep watch and see what happens.

#58 ATAG_Bliss

ATAG_Bliss

Posted 25 June 2010 - 19:37

I saw that same desk when I was at Frys in Seattle. It looks great but I never got to try it out because they could never get itset up right and I wasn't allowed to help, something about not being on the employment roster. I do like the two side piecs for the controllers and may have to incorporate that in when I build a new desk.

The desk is wonderful! It's built like a brick sh!T house as well :) It places your controllers exactly at the sides of your hips (where your arms would be at rest). Very comfortable and the gloss black finish is very hard to damage or scratch. It's the best desk I've ever used and worth every penny IMO.

#59 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 26 June 2010 - 00:06

my humble setup, not sure if you can see them but when i fly RoF I wear genuine WW! flying googles they made of silk and leather ;)

bucket is for when I get airsick from bad turbelance :lol:

Attached Files

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#60 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 26 June 2010 - 19:28

@ Thunderbolt: :D It is indeed a "pusher"! They have moved the props to the inside..they call it jet engine or somethin'.

#61 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 26 June 2010 - 20:24

Sherk I like those goggles a lot. Do you fly RoF with the yoke ?

#62 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 26 June 2010 - 21:48

Hi Windy, Googles are South african ww1 issue still the original elastic My late brother found a couple of them in the storeroom of a airbase and rescued them. They still in the original boxes and wax paper wrapping as well. yep fly with the yoke ,only joystick i can get to work properly in RoF By the way its the best and most accurate joystick Ive owned. It has not missed a beat for the last 10 years, CH products are good. I also fly FSX alot so i stick to one stick as it makes life easier

#63 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 26 June 2010 - 22:21

Ok here's mine. Why two joysticks I hear you ask ? I'm left handed . The FF2 is my stick, with neoprene strapped round it to take the edge off the right hand curves of it. The CH fighterstick is my throttle. Yes, the CH stick is a throttle !!!

The throttle wheel serves as a throttle (on the correct side for me),the trim wheels do mixture and rad, the buttons do engine,pause,F1-F2-F3-F4, bomb,acel-decel time , level pilot.

The pedals are from a driving wheel, but they seem to do fine. One day I'll get some Saitek pedals.

The teddy bear is a concession to the GF.

Attached Files

#64 J5_Wolf

J5_Wolf

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:12

Here my simpit. I had a lot of pilots asking about it so I made this site for it…

http://www.wix.com/4...F4-Cockpit/Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wix.com/4...3_Badger/Badger … ckpit/Home

#65 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:54

Hi windy bit of a bother been a lefty. i remenber years ago saitek had a joystick that you could make into a lefty or a righty by moving a few bits. have not seen one for a while but it was a nice stick

#66 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:14

Yeah I feel your pain! I'm left handed, lets face it, we're freaks. :o

:lol:

#67 Murf

Murf

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:25

Here be mine…

#68 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:16

Hi windy the joystick is a Saitek Cyborg just saw it on ebay for $35 bucks

#69 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:54

Hi windy the joystick is a Saitek Cyborg just saw it on ebay for $35 bucks

..but , I don't want to give up the SWFF2. It feels too good. I prefer it to the CH stick for example.

Nice collection Murf. That's a Cougar throttle right? Better than the Saitek Throttle ?

#70 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:15

sherk you mixed up those ribbons ;)

the bronze one is the cross of honor and had a black white and red ribbon (german empire) and the iron cross second class had black and white (prussia) in ww1.

http://en.wikipedia..../Cross_of_Honor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia..../Cross_of_Honor
http://de.wikipedia...._Stiftungsdaten" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://de.wikipedia....wiki/Eisernes_K … tungsdaten

@windy: if you want a stick for lefties and force feedback (true ffb, not just vibrations) get a Saitek Cyborg 3D Force, but not an "evo" or a "3D Force Rumble", those two have centering springs and only vibrate while the true Cyborg 3D Force has electric engines in the bottom pulling the stick and centering in where ROF wants it, just like the MS FFB2.

http://www.amazon.co...72&sr=8-1-spell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co...itek-J45-Cyborg … =8-1-spell

Not sure where you live (possibly australia?) so you might have to find another store :)

I bought one in 2003 and have been using it until yesterday. it did wear out eventually but after seven years of medium to heavy usage (playing thousands of hours of il2) I think a joystick is allowed to wear out, so I just bought a new one on amazon.de marketplace.

#71 Murf

Murf

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:25

Nice collection Murf. That's a Cougar throttle right? Better than the Saitek Throttle ?

Thanks W1ndy….

Yes, it is a Cougar setup… I use it for Falcon, and IL2… but unfortunately, I haven't got the Joystick to cooperate well in RoF yet, so I use the Saitek throttle quadrant and the Logitech joystick for RoF (the Saitek yoke does NOT cooperate with RoF response sensitivities very well). I DO use the Saitek flight system for FSX though!! But, to be honest, I actually prefer the throttle quadrant for RoF than I do the Cougar system.

#72 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:35

OK, here's my "office":

and the shelves next to it:

#73 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:24

thanksfor the info ImPeRaToR, :)
Medals where wifes grandfathers, thats how I got them ,iron cross is 1813 not 1870 ribbons might not be original but medals are. I have changed the ribbons thanks for thats, never gave it any thought before just kept them as I got them. :D

#74 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 27 June 2010 - 13:38

Heres my pit clean for once :lol:
Attached File  pit-upload.jpg   170.73KB   478 downloads

#75 Sirocco

Sirocco

Posted 27 June 2010 - 14:33

Love the clock.

#76 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 27 June 2010 - 23:35

ImPeRaToR , thanks for that link. It seems like quite rare stick. I can't source one here in NewZealand. I might have to go for one in Australia. It seems like a good alternative to the FF2, especially as I can't solve the FF2/TrackIR stutter issue, and fly with no FF these days.
I ordered a second MSSWFF2 just before resading that post, so now I better wait a bit before buying stick number four. :shock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users