Video tutorials on Mission editing

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:02

Hi Rod,

I ususally use a timer to make the AI planes return to base. You could also use another trigger, such as count if all enemy planes have been destroyed.
So after the timer expires then the timer MCU will trigger a waypoint of the AI planes. This will trigger new waypoints that will lead them back to their airfield. The last waypoint will trigger a command " Land" MCU. Place this one in the middle of the airfield. Some tuning might be required so the AI do not crash into hangars etc. :)

#82 O_Rod

O_Rod
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:58

Thanks Vander, that should help a lot. Now if I can only figure out why I get the ROF.EXE about 5 or 6 minutes into it.
Cheers
Rod

Vitae elit Brevior

#83 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:31

mmm, I think I had it once when an Attack MCU is not connected (not belongs to) an object. Check if all commands have an owner and a target.

#84 O_Rod

O_Rod
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:24

Thanks for the tips Vander and that also fixed the ROF.EXE too.
Cheers
Rod

Vitae elit Brevior

#85 AldoUSMC

AldoUSMC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 18:54

Vander,

I've been slow to say thanks for your video tutorials…they've helped me in my mission building since I starting flying ROF ICE.

So…great work and Thanks !

Semper Fidelis
AldoUSMC

#86 J30_von_Hammer

J30_von_Hammer
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:54

Hi Vander,

I don't get the pleasure of time to work on learning the editor as much as i'd like. But, I plug away on it.
My biggest question at this time is how to get the map. Every time I set up a game, and set the map, I get a big chuck of map that I don't recognize and it's not the one I see in all the realism servers, with the no man's land running through it. I get this- see pic attachec. I just did a quick snapshot, so ignore the settings. I've played around with selctions and can't seem to escape this map, other than the island. Am I missing the big map file, or is it located in another folder and I need to copy it out? I imagine it's just not in the list, in a way the channel map isn't in the proper folder(because I haven't bought it yet)is my guess.
I appreciate any help you can offer on this!

J30 von Hammer

Attached Files

#87 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:47

Hi Vander,

I don't get the pleasure of time to work on learning the editor as much as i'd like. But, I plug away on it.
My biggest question at this time is how to get the map. Every time I set up a game, and set the map, I get a big chuck of map that I don't recognize and it's not the one I see in all the realism servers, with the no man's land running through it. I get this- see pic attachec. I just did a quick snapshot, so ignore the settings. I've played around with selctions and can't seem to escape this map, other than the island. Am I missing the big map file, or is it located in another folder and I need to copy it out? I imagine it's just not in the list, in a way the channel map isn't in the proper folder(because I haven't bought it yet)is my guess.
I appreciate any help you can offer on this!

J30 von Hammer

Hi von Hammer,

You are in fact looking at the big map, but you are on the lower left corner of it. Use your mouse wheel to zoom out, then drag the map to the NE with mouse + right click until you see no-mans land….

#88 89

Posted 30 January 2013 - 23:35

Vander or anyone else,

What program do you use to capture footage of your ME tutorials? I've tried MSI Afterburner and Fraps and they only capture the screen with all the 3d graphics, all the instrument panels do not show in the video as if they do not exist.

Thanks again for sharing your work.

#89 Danelov

Danelov

Posted 29 October 2015 - 18:37

Vander, how we can make that after mission complete(training mission goal only land)the game no jump inmediately to debriefing screen? 

I mean, objetive is complete, mission is sucess but no time to watch nothing or eventuel made another free fly with another pattern around the airfield. That jump inmediately to the debriefing screen.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users