Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Thank You for Rise of Flight, 777 Studios (formerly neoqb)

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#81 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 17 August 2010 - 20:34

That is unless the mayans are right and we all die a fiery death by commet.

That's just because Mayans didn't know how to count over 2012…they didn't have any word for 2013!! So they decided to stop humanity at the end of 2012… :D

#82 VonFear

VonFear

Posted 17 August 2010 - 20:36

Indeed thank you very much, no had this much fun since Red baron II/3D. Keep up the good work.

#83 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 17 August 2010 - 20:59

That is unless the mayans are right and we all die a fiery death by commet.

That's just because Mayans didn't know how to count over 2012…they didn't have any word for 2013!! So they decided to stop humanity at the end of 2012… :D

Maybe I should tell my bank I dont have a word for delinquent payment :D

#84 MicahSJ

MicahSJ

Posted 05 September 2010 - 16:38

Here's another big THANK YOU for a great WWI combat sim and for all the hard work that was and is still put into it. I do like air combat sims and your "Rise Of Flight Iron Cross Edition" is an excellent addition to my collection of air combat sims. I sure do like dancing in the air with those WWI aircraft. I appreciate the work you done with the graphics, flight models, sounds, and finally the history aspect of the sim.

#85 Dearmad

Dearmad

Posted 07 September 2010 - 00:42

Add this THANK YOU! to your list of them. I am SO happy to finally be back in a WWI scout cockpit on my computer. It's soooo beautiful! And HARD TO FLY! :) I haven't survived a single dogfight yet after totally mastering RBII 3D. Have a lot to learn again. This game will provide years of fun.

THANK YOU for the random campaign! And ALL THE AMAZING attention to detail! So loverly!!!!!

:D :D :D

#86 Dietz

Dietz

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:24

Ditto! :D

#87 Wandso

Wandso

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:20

Bump!
Thank you. :)

#88 jack1986

jack1986

Posted 20 September 2010 - 00:31

I never played a WWI flight simulator before this one. The first videogame I ever played was Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator '98. I got hooked on flight sims from that game. I have played all the MS Combat Flight sims (98,2, and 3) and also played many of the MS non-combat flight simulators. I played all the games in the IL-2 franchise. I've played many different flight simulators. I always felt like there was something missing though. I finally found out what it is! It was a WWI combat flight sim! When I was looking to buy a videogame online a few months ago I stumbled upon Rise of Flight. I was skeptical at first because it wasn't from a big-name studio I recognized like the Microsoft games etc. that I was used to. I figured "What the hell. I'll get it and give it a try." I AM SO GLAD I DID! I was blown away with the graphics, realism, and attention to detail from day one. I continue to be impressed with this game every time I play it. It is the only game I have EVER played of ANY type or genre that I feel I can call a true work of ART. It isn't just a game. It isn't even just a sim. It's a true work of art. You can see that the people that developed the game really cared about what they were doing. The attention to historical detail is astounding. The graphics are spectacular, some of the best I have ever witnessed. It's just an awesome game. I use the word "awesome" in the truest sense of the word, not the "wow, these cookies are awesome" sense of the word. This game is much more awesome than cookies. Now, be honest, how many games are more awesome than cookies? This game is more awesome than cookies! (In fact, from now on that is what I will tell people to get them to buy this game!)

#89 catchov

catchov

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:08

Now, be honest, how many games are more awesome than cookies? This game is more awesome than cookies!

Interesting. I've never thought of it that way. I mean cookies have their place in society but let's face it, this sim transcends cookies, is fat-free and is the awesomest. It is simply much more betterer and very lots of fun and brings me a much joy that I feel with a relaxing thing :P

That's a much hairy beard coming as it is from your face is it not ?

You are more than welcome. Thank you. :)

#90 jack1986

jack1986

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:46

Now, be honest, how many games are more awesome than cookies? This game is more awesome than cookies!

Interesting. I've never thought of it that way. I mean cookies have their place in society but let's face it, this sim transcends cookies, is fat-free and is the awesomest. It is simply much more betterer and very lots of fun and brings me a much joy that I feel with a relaxing thing :P

That's a much hairy beard coming as it is from your face is it not ?

You are more than welcome. Thank you. :)

Yes, this game does transcend cookies. But few things can do that. That makes this game special. :D

Also, yes I have a huge beard. That's actually a year-old picture. Haha. :D

#91 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:20

Signed. This simulator is the best thing that's happened to me in years. Yeah, I know, I'm sad. But it's a great sim.

#92 WW1EAF_Ming

WW1EAF_Ming

Posted 07 October 2010 - 13:50

Seriously Jack I think I've only used the word awesome once, a week or two ago. Conscious of not sounding like a surfer and that. As if in England lol. But just this once it's definitely justifiable, I've seen the most amazing things going on in the sim and we're only just getting started. I also put it in capitals, agreed: only word possible :)

Ming

#93 NavyGunner

NavyGunner

Posted 08 October 2010 - 19:25

Thx for putting the planes back on special! I was out of country and was unable to get the first one.

Thx

Mike :D

#94 ouston

ouston

Posted 08 October 2010 - 20:49

I would say that this is a superb sim. We can all have a moan, my own one being the lack of 2 seaters, but there is something here that can go as far as IL-2 and believe me I have had a lot of fun with that one. I am entirely convinced that any practical criticism will be addressed by the design team who are clearly dedicated to pushing things forward. I have been waiting all week for the Pup and the Tripe and they have not disappointed. A great end to a very busy week in RL. They are light and agile just like one reads of their real life counterparts. The Pup seemed to float rather on landing and got slightly bent. I can find no evidence that they had breathalysers on RFC airfields which is perhaps just as well as I had the majority of a bottle of wine before taking her up. All we need now is for Newcastle United to win tomorrow and it will be a perfect weekend!

Pip pip

Ouston

#95 Vonhess

Vonhess

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:03

Just got ROF Ice edition installed yesterday, wow would be an understatement, The visuals are stunning, The immersion level off the scale. Talk about eye candy, outstanding. Thanks to all involved in making this sim.

#96 Millst0ne

Millst0ne

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:39

:P There are no words to describe the miracles you guys have done :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

#97 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 01 November 2010 - 14:48

You guys definitely rock! It's great to see how dreams can come true. I have never been so into a game as with this Sim! The best of all is the continuing development; I hope you guys can keep this up a long time… :)

#98 PP_Nobody96

PP_Nobody96

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:09

Thank you for turning my expectations upside down. Normally a game is great when its new and is aging until it becomes obsolete. RoF was great when it was new but since then it has become so much better. I was waiting for the day when i couldn't imaging how it can become better. This day is long gone but amazingly you have shown that you have so much more ideas than me that i now even stopped wondering when you will ran out of them. As of now i will lean back and enjoy the things to come.

so long
Mathias

#99 ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf

Posted 14 November 2010 - 14:28

Even though my wife rips me a new hole for buying planes I will do so for his sim because its so friking awesome eh :D

Cheers to all the developers and others whom made this sim happen!

#100 Majormadmike

Majormadmike

Posted 14 December 2010 - 16:15

Even though i have ctd’s lately and for some reason my leader board progress is not working, I do love this game immensely. When I get home exhausted from work ( yep I’m a history and art teacher) I jump into the cockpit the world changes ( yeah ok into the great war but you know what I mean). This is by far the best immersion into a flight world I’ve ever experienced. To be honest I am more of a ww2 fan and just love spitfires but you guys have made a simulation that exceeds everything I’ve played so far and I’ve played a lot (started with mig ally ace on the Atari). Keep up the tremendous work and RoF will keep on growing!
I would also like to compliment all the pilots out there who stick to this sim like glue and who in Mp are chivalrous and patient! They make flying MP in Rof a social happing that I really enjoy!
So a big salute to all who’ve made this a outstanding sim, pilots and developers!

#101 Jedison

Jedison

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:05

I played Red Baron 3D loads as a kid and regardless of how many games I've purchased and played here and there, nothing has came close. I feel like I've been trying to scratch this one spot on my back for about the last 8 years, and after years of numerous games trying to reach the spot you guys finally did it! I just got ICE edition but man have I been loving this. Now in my last year of school you guys have inspired me to learn all I can about coding and programming sims.

I've had negligibly few problems with the HDR graphics and that's it, nothing to cry about. I'm very excited to see what you have in store and thanks again for this incredible time sink!

#102 Sev11

Sev11

Posted 06 January 2011 - 16:17

Rise of Flight is a very nice Sim! I'm very happy that this nice game grows part by part, hope that the career mode will be as good as in Red Baron 3D…!

Keep up the good work!

#103 Guck

Guck

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:44

Yeah thanks 777=) you have opened my eyes for ww1 air combat alot more and last night i got my first 5 online kills! In my newly bought Camel=) such an awesome feeling.

#104 Trooper_Thorn

Trooper_Thorn
  • LocationEvansville, Indiana U.S.A.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 18:38

I finally found a good DL site for ROFICE demo, I was overcome by the beauty of the elementals, ground, sky, clouds, ect. Along with the target selection of objects and the detail with them. My wife said it looked real to her and she is almost completely unknowledgeable of PC use and software. (I am trying to teach her) she was most impressed with my ability to fly the albatross take off and landing without crashing or damaging the aircraft along with straffing attacks succesfully completed. I use the standard settings it comes with and did not nerf it. However, alas I am still terribly rusty in dogfighting but with time I shall gain back my skill. I just purchased at the local gamestop this morning a full hard copy and have installed it. I have been waiting to do so for a long time due to being on a fixed income because I am disabled. It was well worth the expendature. Great sim gang, well done!

#105 MarcoRossolini

MarcoRossolini
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:27

I agree.
Thank you so much for neoqb/777 studios for this excellent game.
Thank you for keeping alive WW1 combat simulators and absolute realism flight simulators in general. I have not had such a kick out of shooting down an a.i. pilot in so long.
I hope that you will continue to create and push the outside of the envelope with games like this an its descendants. Hopefully games like this will continue to come out and not stuff like wings of prey.
Thanks very much again and good hunting (in game of course)

#106 WW1EAF_Ming

WW1EAF_Ming

Posted 02 February 2011 - 14:19

nerf

You saw the Realism options Thorn?

I'm not sure you should send your good lady up on full real you fiend sir :)

Maybe start her out in coop online as your rear gunner :)

(Mrs Thorn may well be a seasoned virtual combat pilot, I don't ignore that possibility but for these purposes we needed a back-seat driver joke at that moment

the beauty of the elementals, ground, sky, clouds, ect

Yep, glorious indeed. Did you fly the free Fokker plane and terrain mod for FSX?

http://www.theaerodr...y-add-here.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theaerodr...com/forum/games … -here.html

Hmm they're not available now it seems. But someone might have kept copies of the plane and the terrain

Why I tell you this is because while it's a lovely FSX Fokker and the team did their best with the terrain, that sim's world now looks so flat (in the imagination) compared to Rise of Flight's hyper-realistic elemental world… we've struck very lucky.

I keep telling em we must have an armour sim in there please when they have a moment. The cash is here. 'Forged By Victory, Tempered By Defeat: Journeys Through World War Two Europe By Sponson' :)

Ming

#107 Sim

Sim

Posted 06 February 2011 - 20:56

Latest patch added HDR that creates super-immersion. Love it. Thanks.

#108 IM.LOFT

IM.LOFT

Posted 07 February 2011 - 00:19

I can say thanks 777 for ROF. As player of course. I`m having fun. Thanks :) http://www.youtube.c...h?v=36UNXeEOiqw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">

#109 BSS_DrGlow

BSS_DrGlow

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:57

I finally found a good DL site for ROFICE demo, I was overcome by the beauty of the elementals, ground, sky, clouds, ect. Along with the target selection of objects and the detail with them. My wife said it looked real to her and she is almost completely unknowledgeable of PC use and software. (I am trying to teach her) she was most impressed with my ability to fly the albatross take off and landing without crashing or damaging the aircraft along with straffing attacks succesfully completed. I use the standard settings it comes with and did not nerf it. However, alas I am still terribly rusty in dogfighting but with time I shall gain back my skill. I just purchased at the local gamestop this morning a full hard copy and have installed it. I have been waiting to do so for a long time due to being on a fixed income because I am disabled. It was well worth the expendature. Great sim gang, well done!

Hey! Mr & Mrs Trooper welcome aboard.
If there happens to be another plane or a bomber you would like PM me and Ill be happy to Gift it to you :D

#110 Maddog1899

Maddog1899

Posted 11 March 2011 - 20:11

I saw an article in the March issue of PC Gamer concerning ROF. It made me curious so I went online and downloaded the demo. That was two nights ago. Last night I went to Fry's and bought the retail version. I have been blown away by the graphics. I am just on the second training mission and was very excited to actually take off, circle the airport, and then land again without killing myself. My plane unfortunately did not fare as well. Upon landing one wingtip hit the ground and was crushed. As I sit in the cockpit I think about the men, any women?, who actually flew back then. The cockpit is shaking so much I think the fragile plane is going to shake apart. How gutsy the pilots were! Also, I have not seen anything about using a parachute in the game. Did they not have parachutes back then? I have just started playing but at 58 and having played games since the early 80's this is the first game in a long time that I am really excited about.
Thanks,
Maddog1899

#111 DarkMellie

DarkMellie

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:19

I can agree with Maddog's sentiments above me. Flying around in ROF makes me appreciate the inspired genius of early combat pilots.

I grabbed RoF as filler while waiting for IL-2 CoD and Microsoft Flight. I'd dabbled in Wings of Prey but as pretty as that game was it was way too arcade-like. I had thought I was an FSX fan at heart and enjoyed setting routes and getting mates together for flight nights or doing long 747 hauls.

Then I played RoF!

Holy cow, what an amazing experience.. and it all comes down to using the hatswitch on my X-52, that free-look mechanic is absolutely pivotal. Swooping around a dogfight looking up and out of my cockpit behind me is an incredible feeling that really pulls you into the game world. I think back to those WW1 pilots and am just in awe that any of them made it through!

I still need to do a lot of reading.. the very first campaign mission for the Allies for instance.. the second I lift that plane up it pulls uncontrollably left and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong… but ultimately I am really eager to find out how to get better.

Cheers for all your work 777, you've got a loud and passionate advocate in me :)

And please god hire a proof-writer before any further release, okay? :D

#112 Endy

Endy

Posted 29 March 2011 - 17:40

Nice first post DarkMellie, the next thing to bring you even more of an experience, is "Track IR".
It's a lot of money, [or buy a used one from ebay], but it's soooo immersive.
It works for FSX too.
Tell us more about your taking-off problem, someone here will help you! :S!:

#113 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:02

After spending an entire evening fiddling around with il2 CoD, trying to make it just a little bit playable, knowing that even if it was smooth it wouldn't look/feel as good as RoF I realized what a precious pearl RoF is. I thought I'd thank you once again for this game and for being there for us! You're awesome! Spasiva!

:S!:

#114 -Ginge-

-Ginge-

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:50

Reflected I agree with that sentiment. When COD is working smoothly, as I am sure it will fairly soon, there is still a special magic about being in a WW1 plane, that it will never quite have.

In ROF the controls are so direct and the feeling of flying is tangible. Just looking at the instrument panel of a spitfire and all the controls needed gives me a headache, and a feeling of distance from the actual flying

I think I am converted into a WW1 simmer!

#115 Laser

Laser

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:01

… there is still a special magic about being in a WW1 plane …

Those who started with WW1 simulators (e.g. Red Baron) before IL-2, have castor oil flowing in their veins.

:S!:

#116 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:06

Just wanted to jump back in to say another big thank you to the Rise of Flight team. Your dedication and professionalism are all the more apparent in recent days. I wish you every possible success.

#117 Manfred65

Manfred65

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:34

Thank you for listening to the customers where possible and for the flyable DFW, dear RoF team and 777.

Everything else I want to write was expressed many times before.

Edited for baaad spelling.

#118 Skyburn

Skyburn

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:16

Ever since "the flying circus" i've been looking for a flight sim like this. I still have the maps of that game and the 'practical flying' replica book that came with it. In fact, i'm using it for ROF now.
I'm looking forward to many years of fun here, and I hope the community and game wil continue to grow as technology keeps getting better.
Thanks for making this, best money I ever spend on a game!

#119 Opitz

Opitz

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:40

This sim is sooo good, that in online mode it just takes one turn of your opponent to see if it is an Ace or newbie. I am impressed not only by FM, DM and graphics, but also how Jason handles this game as product manager. It is just taking us to the right direction. Thank you!

#120 hoots2

hoots2

Posted 14 April 2011 - 17:39

It's rare (alright ROF is the only one I've found) to find a combat flight sim where I'm happy to spend an hour flying around and finding no one to shoot at and miss. There really does seem to be that joy of flight in this one. Bloody impressive for a sim I reckon'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users