Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Thank You for Rise of Flight, 777 Studios (formerly neoqb)

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#41 Blade79

Blade79

Posted 07 June 2010 - 17:59

I just love RoF!
Спасибо!

#42 BigQ

BigQ

Posted 10 June 2010 - 14:10

Thank you!
Спасибо!
Dziękuję!

S!

#43 avariel

avariel

Posted 11 June 2010 - 15:05

Thanks for ver. 1.013 and all your hard work! The DH-2 is lovely.

#44 Elmojo

Elmojo

Posted 11 June 2010 - 22:35

:D Just started training and I love it. Stunning, I could just fly around all day. I have got to get my real life back! I am on the 5th training mission and I will get that Tank. I have been into flight simulators for years ( Don't ask me how many) and this is now at number one and will be for some time. Now back to that Tank…….

#45 Pippirull

Pippirull

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:27

I also wish to thank you!
Even though my computer is pretty bust and I've taped together my old joystick to many times to remember, I get a feeling from this game that I get from no other! You are truly artists and I thank you for the possibility to fly away for a while. Superb topic and superb members,
Thank you all!

#46 kirock7

kirock7

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:36

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

Kudos to neoqb! :D

#47 Albartos

Albartos

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:24

Rise Of Flight is my first World War I era flight simulator. And i love it.
It's the little details that make it almost perfect in my eyes and especially the damage model is what i love.
On the other side it makes me spend my hard earned money for input devices and TrackIR and all those expensive books about world war I aerial combat i've ordered during the last few months. :)
Thank you Neoqb

#48 Catfish

Catfish

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:35

Hello,
maybe late, but better that than never: Thanks !

As Imperator said "we bitch and moan because we care" so please NeoQB don't take it so hard, there is far more good and phantastic things in the sim than bugs, and after flying you take all the beauty for granted because it all looks so life-like, so "we" or especially I only mention the bugs, without appreciating enough what already has been done to produce such a sim.

In fact it is so beautiful that it almost makes up for the online requirement ;) :D :D
(only joking)

Again thanks to the RoF team !
Greetings,
Catfish

#49 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:52

I couldn't agree more, Catfish! It really is a masterpeace and we only "whine" because we care, and love it so much! So neoQB, please take our whining as a compliment! :lol:

#50 catchov

catchov

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:24

Yep 8-) There's something about this sim that grabs you by the balls and holds your attention :shock: I'm smitten and see a bright future :)

#51 Han

Han
  • Developer

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:25

I'm regulary come to this thread for relaxation :-)
Thank you guys :-)

#52 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:46

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"> … re=related

:D

yedwwtfx.gif

#53 Han

Han
  • Developer

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:06

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol:

#54 Hornswaggle

Hornswaggle

Posted 18 June 2010 - 14:37

Ah, well sir I dedicate this song to you and the whole Neoqb team! :lol:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9fWvub_WBho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">

#55 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 18 June 2010 - 14:54

Best relaxation site ever:

http://www.rainymood.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rainymood.com/

J5_Hellbender

#56 Dooga

Dooga

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:23

This is a game not funded by some big publisher and developed in isolation from it's customers, but where developers frequently interact with their community and actually listen to them.
The new airplane performance threads are a testimony to that, and I thank neoqb for their patience with us, openness to listen to our rants anyways, and for acting upon our wishes.

#57 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:49

I'm very impressed by Neoqb letting us, customers and comunity, taking part in FM research of data and behavior for ROF actual and future planes 8-)
That's a great chance, and maybe that's why since not long ago, Neoqb is not calling ROF like a game/sim, but like a "project"…
Really the very first time i see that this way ;)

#58 jastermerrel

jastermerrel

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:37

Hey neoqb.
I haven't read the whole thread but I'd also like to give my thanks. WWI is a war topic that just isn't brought up much since anyone who fought in it has passed. Most people can identify with WW2 because people are still around that fought there. My late grand father was a guard for the execution chambers of prisoners and the like in WW2 (sorry thats all I know). It's nice to finally get a sim from the beginnings of aviation with as much thought and passion as you guys have put into it. Please keep up the good work. You have a big fan here! And thanks for focusing on the aviation aspect of it.

#59 VicciVicciouss

VicciVicciouss

Posted 29 June 2010 - 17:35

Hi neoqb,
I also haven't read the whole thread and I also have the need to say THANK YOU.
First of all to all developers, beta-testers and everybody who made RoF to what it is.
I don´t know the history of RoF development , don´t know, who have had the idea.
For me it seamed that there was one or some guys who have had a dream and the knowledge to do it.
And during work they put a lot, well in Germany we call it "Herzblut", in the Game (Herzblut - Heart-blood, which means a special passion).
Thanks for your Herzblut cause it ever goes along with a lot of sweat.
And a special THANK YOU for the "Midsummer special Sale" for me it means 9 new Planes and this means a lot of fun in the Air.
By the way, would be interesting to read something about the making of.

#60 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 11 July 2010 - 22:00

I agree completely. Keep up the good work.

Best sim/game I have ever played - nothing frustrates (my lack of skill) or elates me more (finally doing something right)

Hats off to you for a great job.

#61 SirStansfeld

SirStansfeld

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:14

Yes I have to agree. I love combat sims and flight sims. I think Rise of Flight is the best Combat Flight sim made. It is vary challeging even for real pilots. Great Historical Airplane detail both visually and on a funcutional basis. I started playing it about 8 months ago, sence then there has been allot of attention paied by ROF developers about releasing patchs and new aircraft. Dont take stuff like that for granted becuase most video game companys dont release that many patchs and add ons.

Keep it up NEOQP!!!!!!!!

#62 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:02

If you think RoF is good now, trust me when I say its going to get better! Go to sleep tonight and dream about what you wish RoF would be. When you wake up, know that RoF will be exactly that in due time. Support NEOQB. Support 777. My guess is that the next 12 months are going to be some of the best RoF has seen yet.

#63 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:27

hehe…1.015…!!

#64 WW1EAF_Ming

WW1EAF_Ming

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:52

Support NEOQB. Support 777. My guess is that the next 12 months are going to be some of the best RoF has seen yet

Amen to that Chill, neoqb-777 is just getting started

Then on to an armour sim please if possible in the future, can you imagine driving in a squadron of WW2 tanks around that gorgeous terrain? Or loading :)

Tessellating-DX11 please! :)

Ming

#65 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:56

Neoqb's skills and vision are simply amazing! I'm so glad that they are focused on ww1 planes!

#66 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:22

If NeoQB pays as much attention to the new career mode as they did to the QMB, and if they fix all those tiny FM bugs we'll have an overflow of awesomeness! I'll have to clone myself so I can spend enough time playing RoF :D

#67 catchov

catchov

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:33

Neoqb's skills and vision are simply amazing! I'm so glad that they are focused on ww1 planes!

Yep. Just another day in paradise :) The Neoqb chaps have given us something very special. An impressive achievement and I look forward to ongoing development for years ! I hope ROF:ICE is selling well. It deserves to be.

#68 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 17 July 2010 - 22:33

If NeoQB pays as much attention to the new career mode as they did to the QMB…

They are paying more attention

#69 Trenchgun97

Trenchgun97

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:43

As a long time reader of WW1 history, I know more about the ground war than the air war. But as a long time flight simmer I discovered mention of Rise of Flight in an article on IGN about the closing of Fighter Ace.
I instantly went out and bought it, because for years I've wanted a good WW1 flight sim. I toyed around with the WW1 mod for targetware, but never did much in it.
Rise of Flight's high production values and excellent physics has re-energized my love of flight sims all over again. It has inspired me to start reading more about the airwar and learn more about the planes. After 4 years of using the same joystick it has also made me want to go out and get a top of the line force feedback joystick to fully experience the immersion of it.

#70 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:50

Acording to the article at simHQ they are gathering information on events so they can form an accurate timeline and by the looks of some of the pictures a newspaper to read so you can get some form of history while feeling you are part of the larger scheme of things. Thats exactly what us hardcore single players want is the feeling we are either making a difference or at least in the war.

#71 IronHound

IronHound

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:38

My ROF : ICE disk just arrived in the mail, and I couldn't be happier! After playing the demo for days on end, I am ecstatic to jump into some single player action and enjoy the campaigns and career mode.

Ive played a few flight sims, from FSX to IL2, and by far, I consider this to be the best. I'm no pilot, so I can't comment on an 'accurate flight model' nor do I have much knowledge of the period, so I can't vouch for 'historical accuracy' but I can say that this sim is the most enjoyable where it counts, the flying. So I want to thank the developers for putting together such a well made, and enjoyable simulator. I want to thank you guys again, for the continued support, and really giving your customers what they want. (Re-vamped Career mode? Other games would charge for such a big improvement.) I will gladly continue to by planes if it means supporting this fantastic flight platform.

Bravo fellows.

#72 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:26

My ROF : ICE disk just arrived in the mail, and I couldn't be happier! After playing the demo for days on end, I am ecstatic to jump into some single player action and enjoy the campaigns and career mode.

Ive played a few flight sims, from FSX to IL2, and by far, I consider this to be the best. I'm no pilot, so I can't comment on an 'accurate flight model' nor do I have much knowledge of the period, so I can't vouch for 'historical accuracy' but I can say that this sim is the most enjoyable where it counts, the flying. So I want to thank the developers for putting together such a well made, and enjoyable simulator. I want to thank you guys again, for the continued support, and really giving your customers what they want. (Re-vamped Career mode? Other games would charge for such a big improvement.) I will gladly continue to by planes if it means supporting this fantastic flight platform.

Bravo fellows.

It is a fantastic sim despite the many heated arguments on the forum about FMs, DMs etc (they go on forever :lol: ). It's actually a testimony to how passionate they all feel about the sim.

Welcome aboard.

#73 TheBlueHeron

TheBlueHeron

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:32

+1

I couldn't agree more with HellBender and the other posts here. I've been interested in WWI aviation since childhood. Books, movies, models, museums, you name it. I was looking for any updated WWI sims/games, having played most all of them, from original Red Baron through Flyboys.

I came across RoF, saw the multiple awards & downloaded the trial. I was blown away by the attention to detail and overall feel of flight. Not a game with flight, but a sim with combat missions. I was hooked immediately! Ran and got the wife (semi-fan of flight sims, not WWI), showed her a test flight, she was stunned! Now she wants to fly herself!

This sim truly is a labor of love. More accurately, as Pigsty put it, 'passion', from developers and players alike. It clearly shows in the sim and the forums.

To the developers: thanks for taking the chance on this sim. I am sure it was a risk. I hope it is paying off for you. You guys deserve it!

<S>

P.S. I ordered my full retail copy from Amazon. Sure, I could have gone cheaper, but I know that those numbers are seen and wanted to make sure that retailers know that there is definitely a strong market for this sim.

#74 EAF19_MARSH

EAF19_MARSH

Posted 02 August 2010 - 13:47

Bought it this Saturday and found it jaw-dropping. Well done to everyone involved on a fantastic sim that looks amazing but feels even better; the aircraft are somehow viceral and after dfing a D.VII in a Camel I had to land on a nearby field to have a rest :D

I echo the OP and everyone else in thoroughly commending such a labour of love 8-)

#75 Jokili

Jokili

Posted 02 August 2010 - 19:25

Hello guys,

thank you for this great sim.
Cant wait for new planes, please release them
faster. Think one plane per month.

#76 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77

Posted 02 August 2010 - 20:16

Hear! hear! hellbender! Well spoken and I agree with every word.

#77 wooby

wooby

Posted 02 August 2010 - 20:24

I agree, this is a fantastic sim that will surely provide years of entertainment. And because of this sim. I built a super computer that would make a NASA tech envious! LOL

Cheers

#78 PourLeMerite

PourLeMerite

Posted 11 August 2010 - 23:46

I loved Red Baron 3D, what an excellent game that was…at the time. There was nothing else in the game genre that came close to the fun that the game offered…I know I tried them all.

Then ROF finally (prayers answered)came along and has given us RB3D ten times over. ROF the ultimate WWI fighter sim.. WOW!

Thanks Devs for the dedication and love thats been put into this truly amazing sim and for listening to the community and implimenting stuff. Here…have a Vodka \=/

Bravo and salut !

#79 Wolff818

Wolff818

Posted 17 August 2010 - 16:24

The average gammer today is 36-39 years old. At age 72 I'm starting to realize there are many other "seniors" online today. Met a few in their 60's the other night playing ARMA 2. I'm really looking forward to receiving my retail copy of this game on Wed (Aug 17). I've been playing the demo and I'm really impressed. Not since the original "Red Baron" have I found a WWI sim with all the features needed for great game play. The "coop" mp game really caught my attention since that is the type of game I enjoy the most…teamwork. If there are others like myself who prefer coop please let me know. As a "noobie" at 72 to this game I'll need all the help I can get. Congratulations on a fine game and thank you!

#80 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 17 August 2010 - 16:48

I am 35 I cant immagine how many 70+yr olds will be playing sims 30+yrs from now. That is unless the mayans are right and we all die a fiery death by commet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users