Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Thank You for Rise of Flight, 777 Studios (formerly neoqb)

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#361 winzarten

winzarten
  • LocationBratislava, Slovakia

Posted 11 December 2015 - 20:42

I'm a long time simmer, but I've always been a jet head. Nursing fragile contraptions that have barely enough power to be airborne? Pche, that's not how I imagine fun... well until about a month ago. Then I gave RoF a proper try and my simming life turned around. I haven't touch another sim since then, I've DCS 2.0 with Nevada ready for download, something I was waiting years for, and I cannot be bothered to download it. I've waited months for late autum/early winter, so I get some nice IFR approaches in FSX..but.. RoF is all I'm playing now, and when I'm not playing, I'm watching documentaries on early days of aviation and WWI. Job well done 777, this is one execelent sim, the feel of the aircraft, the intesity of combat, the variaty of machines, the replayability provided by career, everything is just perfrect.

Once again, thank you very much! :)

Also, thanks for giving the core, with full functionality, free. I wouldn't have give this sim a go, if I wasn't able to give it a try for free. I've already purchased some dlc packages on steam, and will surely buy more in the comming weeks.

#362 KurtZibling

KurtZibling
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 December 2015 - 17:13

I just wish to chime in and say many thanks to the devs of this superb sim. When I took my first flight in RoF, my mind was blown at the lovely scenery and looks...Such a splendid moment!

And when I won my first medal, it was like being back to the glory days of WW1 flight fun with RB1 in 1990! This is by far the finest Great War aerial game of all...Take a bow, 777!

#363 caladh

caladh

Posted 16 May 2016 - 19:01

Just started with ROF. V impressed. Years ago remember playing Flying Corps. Thought it was a great game, but the pc's of the day weren't powerful enough. With ROF and a modern computer (i7 processor and graphics card) one can now get a reasonable frame rate at a good enough resolution to read the instruments in the cockpit. Ive kitted myself out with a joystick, pedals and trackir and ROF gives an amazing 3d experience of being in the air in one of these machines. Still working my way through the training missions in a spad, but looking forward to seeing how they have modelled the effects of a big rotating steel disc at the front of a camel!
well done and thank you to the guys at 777!

#364 Ceowulf

Ceowulf
  • LocationA long way from Tipperary

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:49

Hi caladh,

Welcome to ROF!  You have a lot to look forward to.  I started where you are a year and a half ago and feel like I've just started to really get the hang of MP and still have tons of things I've yet to do in career.  Good setup choices, btw.  

Ceowulf<><

#365 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 17 May 2016 - 14:56

Just started with ROF. V impressed. Years ago remember playing Flying Corps. Thought it was a great game, but the pc's of the day weren't powerful enough. With ROF and a modern computer (i7 processor and graphics card) one can now get a reasonable frame rate at a good enough resolution to read the instruments in the cockpit. Ive kitted myself out with a joystick, pedals and trackir and ROF gives an amazing 3d experience of being in the air in one of these machines. Still working my way through the training missions in a spad, but looking forward to seeing how they have modelled the effects of a big rotating steel disc at the front of a camel!
well done and thank you to the guys at 777!

Welcome aboard.  Be sure to download the skin packs as there are tons of great skins in those.  Also, once you get ready to launch a career check out Pat Wilson's Campaign generator - PWCG - it has it's own forum sub section and is far superior to the stock campaign.

#366 caladh

caladh

Posted 17 May 2016 - 20:30

Thanks for the comments. Managed to knock out the balloon in training flight 4, eventually. gunnery still pretty awful, needed lots of passes and got shot down by the air defense gunnery several times (which seems pretty accurate, given Yeats comments on it in "Winged Victory", fly level for a few yards and your doomed!). Getting better at landing...

#367 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 17 May 2016 - 20:57

Here is a link to a bunch of instructional vids by Requiem that are really well done.

https://www.youtube....P9XDx-qjX2U5jog

#368 caladh

caladh

Posted 22 May 2016 - 15:25

Thanks,

Yes, found the Requiem vids. Excellent resource, a real help.

#369 Reb62

Reb62
  • LocationColt Arkansas USA

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:23

I would like to thank 777 studios for their products and customer help they have been helpful and quick with any problems ,good luck in the future :icon_e_biggrin: ........Reb62

#370 Urban_Prone

Urban_Prone

Posted 16 July 2016 - 23:39

Found my discs of MS Combat Flight sim2 in the bottom of a drawer, got a hankering for some air combat, found this game on Steam, going shopping for a joystick tomorrow.

Just poking around in forums, so going to say

Hello!

#371 ShamrockOneFive

ShamrockOneFive

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:03

Found my discs of MS Combat Flight sim2 in the bottom of a drawer, got a hankering for some air combat, found this game on Steam, going shopping for a joystick tomorrow.

Hello!

Hello! Welcome to the forums. I joined the Rise of Flight community forums not too long ago and the people here are, frankly, spectacular. If you have questions, there are always folks happy to help!

ShamrockOneFive

I'm writing a blog about PC flight sims called Stormbirds

#372 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 22 July 2016 - 14:39

Hello!

Yes, hello, and if you have any questions please ask.

Here is something to keep in mind:

- The free to play aircraft are all mid to late war crates

- So if you start a career from the earliest available date they won't show up

- Move the calendar to mid-1917

And check out these two vid series:

https://www.youtube....P9XDx-qjX2U5jog

https://www.youtube....cf0mI9qqtrv__xg

#373 ggrognard

ggrognard
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 October 2016 - 13:49

Hight time I chimed in on this tread.

I don't play sims, at all anymore and never did very much.  I played Silent Hunter 1-3 (and Aces of the Deep prior) but no flight sims.  But, I think TrackIR makes this possible for an over 50 guy like me (I think, we will see...)

Regardless, this game is a blast!  Lord knows I will never get up in the air in ANY of these old kites, so for me this game is simply one of a kind to be able to take to the air in them all.

If I win the lotto, expect a call and we can start talking about that Italy expansion...  :icon_e_smile:

Thanks for the great game,

Scott

#374 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 12 October 2016 - 16:26

Welcome to ALL new to Rise of Flight .... And Scott, your talking to a guy who couldn't figure out how to start his plane. So never say never. I once gave Requiem a run for his money in the air. I lost of course but it was pure fun.

As a reminder to all the new pilots here, We at New Wings Have a Beginners server and you can find help there most nights (US times).

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#375 sixstrings

sixstrings

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:24

Thanks 777 for bringing us one of the best overall combat flight simulator out there for WWI . Sorry i just got into it. Better late than never. 5or 6 planes a month isn't too bad and you run specials too . Thanks,Scott

#376 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 25 October 2016 - 21:45

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#377 ggrognard

ggrognard
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 October 2016 - 23:47

Whhoooohooo!  Thanks for the sale!  I stocked up!  Now to find time to play....busy busy....but I have them now ready!

#378 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 31 October 2016 - 20:29

Wonderful post, very helpful well explained. Your post is definitely incredible. I will refer this to my friend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear spambot, your politentess and respectful approval stands out on this forum like a sore thumb. If you want to blend in, you need to change your tone.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#379 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 October 2016 - 22:35

Wonderful post, very helpful well explained. Your post is definitely incredible. I will refer this to my friend.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear spambot, your politentess and respectful approval stands out on this forum like a sore thumb. If you want to blend in, you need to change your tone.

Lol!!! :lol:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#380 Kattern

Kattern
  • LocationWrocław / Poland

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:53

Yes, THANK YOU very much! Great game!

Kattern

#381 Flangduck

Flangduck
  • LocationRain Forest

Posted 26 December 2016 - 20:55

As a former member of the the 94th TFS I'm looking forward to being able to 'participate' in the upcoming campaigns in France.

:>)

#382 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:04

What on earth is  "Flangduck" ?  ( Great name btw.)

ahem, let me try this out:

" I flang the duck."  Does that scan?

or

"The duck was flang in accordance with the ancient rules."

Sorry it's English teacher in me... ( It's still new...)

S! Plank. oh I am very wee again, snuffle snuffle... time to have a look at the compost bin again...

-

Captured again!

#383 aust3298

aust3298

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:32

I don't post much on the forum but thought I would tonight just to express my thanks and appreciation.  I have been with ROF since the demo in 2009 and have enjoyed very few games as much as this wonderful simulation.  Anyhoo, I think this and BOS/BOM are a tour de force in the gaming world and I am constantly amazed by what you guys have done.  Happy New Year to Jason and all the the team in Russia, moderators, Pat Wilson and anyone else involved in the development and enhancement of ROF, BOS/BOM.

#384 celestron

celestron

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:29

I remember purchasing this game not long after it was initially released...didn't work quite well on the old system back in 2009....ended up shelving it....

Fast forward to December 2016.

777 Studios, you have done an absolute superb job in recreating the World War One air combat experience. Bar none. The graphics and detail are nothing short of stunning and I can run everything at maximum and the frame rate is flawless. Of course, a six gig video card and 16 gigs of DDR 4 RAM helps   :)

Again...outstanding job guys! Love the detail, the scenery, the varied career paths you can take and the immersion! Keep it coming!! And Happy New year from Canada!

:icon_mad:  :icon_e_biggrin:

#385 CHRISTOPHE40051

CHRISTOPHE40051
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:22

I love Rise of Flight.
Incredibly immersive.
Incredibly addicting.
Went to WW II for a while with BoS, BoM, but recently came back to RoF.
The contrast is really nice.
Love WW II sims, but I feel so connected to the WW I planes.
I really appreciate all of your hard work to make this sim so excellent.
I think a lot of people will be back like me.
It is not an either/ or situation. RoF and BoS/BoM are very complimentary and now I am having a wonderful time going back and forth between them.

#386 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:51

I went back to RoF after a pause, very nice especially with Pat Wilson's PWCG !

#387 Trooper_Thorn

Trooper_Thorn
  • LocationEvansville, Indiana U.S.A.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 13:17

This is currently the only flight sim I play and I have played a lot of them ever since DOS days. My hope is that the video engine will be updated to take into account the new more powerful video cards that will make ROF look new all over again. I play Star Citizen, Armored Warfare, War Thunder (armored vehicles) and a couple of others all at max settings. I really enjoy coming back and getting to fly by the seat of my pants from time to time. I would really like to see Zeppelin missions also added. Thanks for all the fun over the years. However, I would like to announce that one of our community members and a team mate in other games passed away Oct. 18th, 2016 he is sorely missed by myself and our fellow team mates. Rip. Nekhron Kirov. (game name) A decorated US Army Cav Vet who loved this sim and spent many an hour playing when he was not playing with his team mates of Clan Blood Spirit (Mechwarrior)  

#388 Bronnx

Bronnx

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:43

My hope is that the video engine will be updated to take into account the new more powerful video cards that will make ROF look new all over again.

Do you think that the RoF video engine will be updated ?

I don't think so.

But i don't understand why there is no newer texture mods . Is that hard to create something like this ?

Intel I7 4790K / 16 GB DDR3 / GA Z97X-UD5H / GTX 1080 / 4K Samsung UE55KS7500 / X55 Rhino /TrackIR 5

#389 gorzasty

gorzasty

Posted 01 September 2017 - 17:31

Rise of Flight i superb and great sim! Thank You for creating something like this. WWI is so abandoned in the PC simulations and You are here ;). But... with no VR support I have to say good bye for this title. Was a gr8 time, but now can't play without VR and everything should be going forward. ROF too. Thank You and bye - at least for now. 

#390 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:09

Rise of Flight i superb and great sim! Thank You for creating something like this. WWI is so abandoned in the PC simulations and You are here ;). But... with no VR support I have to say good bye for this title. Was a gr8 time, but now can't play without VR and everything should be going forward. ROF too. Thank You and bye - at least for now.

Rebuilding this DirectX 9 game to get only a few VR player extra, you have to admit that would be foolish.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#391 flight23

flight23

Posted 08 September 2017 - 18:18

I agree with the OP As a younger kid I was only interested in WW2, then I found this at age 10 and 5 years later I am still bombing the poor Jerries(and I recently hit a German plane with a bomb from my plane, when we were both in mid air). This game(and Verdun) really made me read up about WW1, and I found out that far from the useless, futile conflict which we hear about it was actually very active, with constantly changing frontlines(give or take a few meters a day) and some very good tactics, especially from 1917 onwards(British Cambrai, Arras, Messines and Vimy Ridge offensives, and for the Germans the Spring Offensive in 1918.)

#392 paul290956

paul290956

Posted 28 December 2017 - 14:24

I have been fighting with this game since I installed it. I am having joystick problems. Each time I start a mission, I am in level flight. As soon as I move the joystick (Logitech 3 Pro) the plane (one of the free ones - the German one), the plane dives and rolls to the right. I have been watching endless YT videos and it's all totally confusing. I do not understand the response graph at all.

So rather than waste money on another joystick (this one was a present), I have decided to uninstall the game completely. Other sims have no problem with my logitech...just this one. Flying by using the mouse is virtually impossible.

I have asked for help, but no one has offered to help....totally rubbish game...absolute garbage.

#393 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 28 December 2017 - 15:11

I don't use one myself but there are many who use the same joystick as you do.

Therefore the problem is at your end, whatever it is.

Maybe RoF is just too demanding for you ?

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#394 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 28 December 2017 - 15:12

I have asked for help, but no one has offered to help....totally rubbish game...absolute garbage.

You have a total of two posts, with the first referring to a problem which must have been solved for you in order to experience this one. Since you've trashed the game, no point in saying anything else.

#395 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 28 December 2017 - 15:23

I have been fighting with this game since I installed it. I am having joystick problems. Each time I start a mission, I am in level flight. As soon as I move the joystick (Logitech 3 Pro) the plane (one of the free ones - the German one), the plane dives and rolls to the right. I have been watching endless YT videos and it's all totally confusing. I do not understand the response graph at all.

So rather than waste money on another joystick (this one was a present), I have decided to uninstall the game completely. Other sims have no problem with my logitech...just this one. Flying by using the mouse is virtually impossible.

Did you calibrate your joystick?

#396 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 28 December 2017 - 15:39

Is your age 12 or less?

#397 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 28 December 2017 - 17:16

I do not understand the response graph at all.

Consider hiring an algebra tutor.

#398 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 28 December 2017 - 18:18

Just another F2play gamer. I still think the biggest mistake Jason ever made for this game and this forum.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#399 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 28 December 2017 - 21:19

Just another F2play gamer. I still think the biggest mistake Jason ever made for this game and this forum.

That always will be a double-edged sword; without F2P I and many others never would have touched this game. Can you imagine the incalculable loss to the community? Either way, if it is a mistake it's as nothing compared to splitting a game into volumes, all of which will be needed for full content. Now that's a real howler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users