Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Thank You for Rise of Flight, 777 Studios (formerly neoqb)

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#1 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:54

Dear 777 Studios Team (formerly of neoqb),

With this thread I'd like to thank you and I hope others will join me here to do the same. I realise that we are a very demanding community, quick to point out the few places where the sim falls short and cry wolf as hard as we can, hoping that you are listening. However, I also feel that we need to give back to you for the sheer excellence you've already provided us and especially convince new or candidate flyers to join our ranks.

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for your courage and dedication in bringing a niche sim to the market, braving both the critics and the customers (who all feel they're entitled to a bit of criticism too) and always coming out on top. It's amazing what you've accomplished with this product in less than a year. Bravo!

On a personal level, never having played Red Baron 3D, you've made me a complete World War One convert (and I'm sure many others with me). You've brought an underappreciated conflict back to the foreground and triggered an absolute hunger for information that not even Oleg Maddox' Il-2 could bring about with me. It's crazy how much time I spent playing your sim while not playing your sim. I'm reading books, visiting museums, rediscovering Belgium's past, talking with like-minded people, boring my wife to tears… It's all thanks to you.

Second, I'd also like to wish you and your families all the best. While it's never easy to feel really connected to an enterprise that, in the end, is about making a profit, I sincerely hope that the sim is making as much (or more) money than you expected. I hope you keep giving me ample opportunities to pay you 5.45 EUR (I just fully upgraded my dad's account too) and I hope you keep exploring new ways of bringing your excellent product to new simmers (and people who have yet to discover that they are indeed simmers). *cough* Steam *cough*

Regardless of any criticism we might have, I think you deserve to be praised for this excellent product and hope you keep building upon it and supporting it for a long, long time to come.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Salute!

J5_Hellbender

#2 Oldsimmer

Oldsimmer

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:20

My thoughts exactly Hellbender for me it is just what I wished for.

#3 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:06

Dear neoqb,

With this thread I'd like to thank you and I hope others will join me here to do the same. I realise that we are a very demanding community, quick to point out the few places where the sim falls short and cry wolf as hard as we can, hoping that you are listening. However, I also feel that we need to give back to you for the sheer excellence you've already provided us and especially convince new or candidate flyers to join our ranks.

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for your courage and dedication in bringing a niche sim to the market, braving both the critics and the customers (who all feel they're entitled to a bit of criticism too) and always coming out on top. It's amazing what you've accomplished with this product in less than a year. Bravo!

On a personal level, never having played Red Baron 3D, you've made me a complete World War One convert (and I'm sure many others with me). You've brought an underappreciated conflict back to the foreground and triggered an absolute hunger for information that not even Oleg Maddox' Il-2 could bring about with me. It's crazy how much time I spent playing your sim while not playing your sim. I'm reading books, visiting museums, rediscovering Belgium's past, talking with like-minded people, boring my wife to tears… It's all thanks to you.

Second, I'd also like to wish you and your families all the best. While it's never easy to feel really connected to an enterprise that, in the end, is about making a profit, I sincerely hope that the sim is making as much (or more) money than you expected. I hope you keep giving me ample opportunities to pay you 5.45 EUR (I just fully upgraded my dad's account too) and I hope you keep exploring new ways of bringing your excellent product to new simmers (and people who have yet to discover that they are indeed simmers). *cough* Steam *cough*

Regardless of any criticism we might have, I think you deserve to be praised for this excellent product and hope you keep building upon it and supporting it for a long, long time to come.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Salute!

- Hellbender

+ J99

:D

yedwwtfx.gif

#4 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:56

Totally support that, even if i'm always wondering about something… :D

#5 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:21

Well said :D

#6 Kiwi-GB

Kiwi-GB

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:26

Well said, I agree with absoloutely everything!

" boring my wife to tears "
Neoqb, take this as a compliment!

S!

#7 catchov

catchov

Posted 23 May 2010 - 13:53

Boring my wife to tears :lol: Yes there's a lot of WW1 widows out there who get a cursory hug or shrug and occasionally a grunt (if they're really lucky) while we steadfastly pursue our passion.

I love to see posts like Hellbenders. It's great to see people's eyes open wide in wonder over the amazing pilots/kites in the bloody and brutal but fascinating aerial conflicts of the Great War. And seek out with relish any tidbits they can find. Sadly, it's a part of history that is slowly fading away with the great unwashed but never will in my eyes. Not if I can help it !

However, if Neoqb inspires a love for this amazing pioneering period of aviation to those who have not been particularly interested beforehand, then that is a very good thing.

#8 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 23 May 2010 - 14:10

It's great to see people's eyes open wide in wonder over the amazing pilots/kites in the bloody and brutal but fascinating aerial conflicts of the Great War.

That's exactly where my fascination comes from.

#9 Endy

Endy

Posted 23 May 2010 - 16:58

Good post, I'll go along with everything you said too.

Thanks neoqb.

#10 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 23 May 2010 - 17:02

We bitch and moan because we care :)

Thank you Neoqb!

#11 Voidhunger

Voidhunger

Posted 23 May 2010 - 18:07

I´ve played flight simulators since Commodore 4. If NEQB improves singleplayer mode(Dynamic career), ROF will be in my eyes the best simulator I have played so far. Oleg´s BOB looks promising, but nothing beats WW1 flight simulators.

Thanks NEOQB!!!

#12 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 23 May 2010 - 19:44

We bitch and moan because we care :)

Thank you Neoqb!

ofcourse!

thank you Petrovich, Han, Loft and crew…

#13 sallee

sallee

Posted 23 May 2010 - 20:22

Blimey! This is the sort of stuff we see from half of the more challenging half of the community when a patch has come out in spite of the appalling lack of communication..blah blah blah…paid my money..blah blah…

Did I miss 1.013?

Anyway. I agree. I've been reading about aviation for years and had entirely given up on anything like RoF coming out. I tried OFF and agree that the historical immersion is remarkable, but the flying experience a little too close to Wii Sport Resort for my liking (sorry).

This simulation puts me there better than anything (including imagination) can.

Well done Neoqb and thank you.

#14 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:30

+1 I want to add to this positive and deserved thread. Thanks Neoqb for the hard work and passion.

As a kid I dreamed about these old planes, and pored over any detail I found in a book.

I was surprised to find a PC game that could bring these old planes to life, and now I'n learning much more than I could have learned from any book , that is, how to fly them !

I couldn't have hoped for a better game.

#15 IM.LOFT

IM.LOFT

Posted 25 May 2010 - 15:19

Thank you for those words. We are left with no choice but to make the project even better.

#16 Han

Han
  • Developer

Posted 25 May 2010 - 15:21

I'm think that it is the one of the reasons why we're developing siomulatros. It is impossible to have such heartful feedback from comunity in any other Program Develpinng sector. We're grateful to you and to any customer who is see our efforts while playing in RoF.
Thank you!

#17 =FB=VikS

=FB=VikS
  • Developer

Posted 25 May 2010 - 15:21

Thanks on the kind words guys - we are really need this, S! ;)

#18 An.Petrovich

An.Petrovich

Posted 25 May 2010 - 15:25

Thank you guys, it's a really important for us to see that our job is needed to somebody. It's a great! :)

Sincerely,

#19 Blue_Heron

Blue_Heron

Posted 25 May 2010 - 17:44

+1!

The physics are so fine in this simulation that it feels… organic!

Certainly, the mere expectation of this sim has lured me to dive into books and movies about the first World War. Then the actual release of the sim did not disappoint!

Thanks for a phenomenal experience! :shock: :D

#20 Jonathan

Jonathan

Posted 25 May 2010 - 20:51

Having never really played a flight sim before, I found myself completely stunned by Rise of Flight. I remember a few months before I found out it existed, I was talking to one of my friends about how it would be cool if a new First World War flight sim was developed. I've always found early aviation interesting even though I didn't know much about it.

Once I found out about this sim, I nearly S*#T my pants!

Thanks guys! You are a very special group! Not many companies out there listen or care about what their fans have to say. Keep up the amazing work!

-Jonathan-

#21 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 25 May 2010 - 21:16

Couldn't say more than that.
Great Neoqb team, great devs, great community… :P
Only great thinks and improvements could come out of this!

#22 soarfeat

soarfeat

Posted 27 May 2010 - 13:04

Nice post Hellbender. neoqb team I agree with all the sentiments here, a big thanks for all your work and effort in this ongoing project.
—blue skies—
rclark

#23 WF2

WF2

Posted 27 May 2010 - 13:10

Most defiantly!

When you are sitting in the cockpit flying some combat maneuvers and actually get a touch of vertigo ………. now that's a sim!

Thanks RoF team!

#24 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 27 May 2010 - 13:15

When you are sitting in the cockpit flying some combat maneuvers and actually get a touch of vertigo

Lol, yes Im glad its not just me that gets that sensation. Cant wait to marvel at the veiws from the Eindekker and DH2. :shock: 8-)

#25 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 27 May 2010 - 13:30

+1 to Hellbender's post.

For years I've been an avid flight sim enthusiast and, for years, while flying other great simulations I've wished and hoped for a worthy replacement for Red Baron II.

Now I have one, and I am thankful to neoqb for having the vision, desire and ability to make it a reality.

Thanks.

#26 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 27 May 2010 - 13:39

Couldnt add much more, but then it wouldnt be me without chiming in.

For months I gave these guys grief along with others who still do but in the end I think all of us who agree to disagree on alot of issues can agree that this game is fun as hell and took alot of hard work. Just wanted to toss my appreciation into the hat with everyone else here.

#27 hairylegs

hairylegs

Posted 27 May 2010 - 13:59

+ 1 on everything said. I reckon the game is at the level of "critical mass". Each player with a passion makes two or three more, it may take them a few months to convince people to give it a go, and enjoy the challenge, and so the process is not instant… but it is nuclear. Stick with it Neoqb, it's the next big one for sure. Look at the product twelve months ago and look at it now! Your efforts over this time have been superhuman, your baby has learnt to walk and (like my youngest son) hasn't stopped running since. Twelve and a bit months ago he was a squealing mass of blood and gloop connected to something alien by a "cord" excaliber couldn't cut, old ladies might have gasped and said "isnt he lovely" but they were not in the majority. Now he is the finest lad on the planet equalled only by his brother. RoF too at first looked a little scary; a niche product demanding big system specs in a time of financial crisis conjured images of a small band of brave but foolhardy vodka fuelled flight sim fanatics ;) holed up somewhere heavily disguised :?: 8-) :ugeek: relentlessly coding, refusing to surrender. :evil: Well thank God you are ;) , thank God you have :?: 8-) :ugeek: , and i know you never will (surrender) :evil:.
You should all be very proud. You have not only given the world the world's best sim, you have given our common histories a home, and us all a chance to remember. Lest we forget
Thanks for the memories
Louie

#28 Ighten

Ighten

Posted 27 May 2010 - 15:21

+1 to all thats said.. After the frustration of various sims that have either failed to deliver or turned to vapourware, this just shows that with a commited and dedicated team, you can produce the goods..

It also shows the rewards in having a good market model and supporting the community.. I was a little cynical at first about the whole concept of adding planes as "to buy" DLC, but now when I see the results of that investment being turned into continued support and development I have totally changed my mind.

And what a refreshing change in todays market to see a pc product that listens to its customers, allows them to mod, skin and play a role in the development.

Finally reflecting on what "hairylegs" has said.. What a wonderful way of keeping a piece of history alive and remembered..

#29 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 27 May 2010 - 15:53

+1 !

I really like how the vision of Neoqb has come to reality! I love it that new aircraft are being released every now and then and that more and more features are added along the way.

#30 roberbega

roberbega

Posted 27 May 2010 - 18:56

I am a lousy pilot, my English is also bad, and I learn many things, but flying rise is the best I've tasted in my pc.from the Basque country thank you very much to the whole team, my enthusiasm for the pioneers of Aviation is growing day by day thanks to your work.THANK YOU NEOQB

#31 WW1EAF_Ming

WW1EAF_Ming

Posted 27 May 2010 - 19:19

grief

Full amnesty in operation, onward and upward :)

Ming

#32 Keith_Side

Keith_Side

Posted 27 May 2010 - 19:25

+1 to OP.

This is the best sim I have had the pleasure of playing, and I've played a lot. Keep up the good work.

<S>

#33 Metatron

Metatron

Posted 27 May 2010 - 22:45

A fantastic way to learn history! Looking at a black and white photo is one thing, but hearing the machine guns rattle and the engines roar and seeing the planes swerve around you is a great experience! Well done, a great sim and worth every penny. Coming from Il2, one tends to be picky, but this more than meets my expectations.

#34 Hornswaggle

Hornswaggle

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:22

I was going to post a thread saying pretty much the same thing everyone else has said!

ROF is AMAZING! Thank you, thank you, thank you for Multiplayer Team Dogfighting!!! I can't wait to see what else is in store for this masterpiece!

I love OFF and IL2, but ROF is in its own league in terms of visceral magnificence!

Thank you Neoqb, your hard work is a gift to us all!

#35 von_Heimler

von_Heimler
  • LocationChilliwack, BC Canada

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:37

I have to agree with the things said in this thread. As an avid flght sim enthusiast it's great to have a fantastic WWI air combat sim again. You've done a very good job so far and am looking forward to what the next year will bring.

Cheers,

Signature_zpsy2runyft.jpg

"Become an Ace by mastering your aircraft!"

#36 NavyGunner

NavyGunner

Posted 28 May 2010 - 17:50

Outstanding job guys, you have made one hell of a game….. :D

#37 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 28 May 2010 - 17:55

I would just like to add my own endorsement to Bender's post.

We have lively discussions on many occasions where many of us disagree on many minutiae but the fact remains that the Developers are to be congratulated, not only for producing such a fine simulation, but also for listening to the community and providing useful feedback in difficult circumstances.

Keep up the good work Neoqb and Beta-testers and Moderators all and know that despite our constant gripes we appreciate your hard work.

#38 Palmtree

Palmtree

Posted 28 May 2010 - 18:30

It keeps getting better and better.

Bravo! Thank you! :D

#39 IRFC_SmokinHole

IRFC_SmokinHole

Posted 03 June 2010 - 00:08

Thank you Russia for producing a generation technical overachievers willing to commit a massive amount of time and personal wealth toward projects that have nowhere near the return on investment that console FPSs provide. Quite the opposite, in fact, because the odds of losing on a grand scale are high. I honestly don't know why you guys do this. Same goes for Eagle and Oleg. But I am very grateful you do. And thank you Hellbender for starting the thread. The first two-seater's on me :mrgreen:.

#40 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 03 June 2010 - 00:47

Huzzah!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users