piecost

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:59

nice find

#82 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 24 March 2013 - 14:16

Hm, we need a document like this on the Bristol:

Here's what Petrovich has to say about control surfcae deflections:

S.E.Va elevator's deflection in RoF is exactly according on the source: 15° down and 37° up
I mean the FM, not graphic animation. May be a bit inaccuracy of 3D animation, but I don't sure about this.
Sincerely,

So perhaps even if it's modeled correct graphically in-game, it could still be wrong in the FM.

#83 BillyKid

BillyKid

Posted 24 March 2013 - 18:42

Jorri is this what you are looking for? These are same diagrams from the F2b rigging notes 1918 as Windsock Special Bristol Fighter #6 vol.2 These pretty much show the angles of incidence

Attached Files

#84 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 24 March 2013 - 23:24

I thought it was pretty much accepted that the Biff FM wasn't finished on release, reading between the lines of some beta team comments.

There's next to no adverse yaw and no power train effects.

#85 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:00

Not exactly, Whiteace. We're looking for a description of the aileron deflection, not the wing's angle of incidence. However, the description of 3/4" aileron droop is good!

The Rise of Flight F.2b has no aileron droop. Here are its ailerons deflected up and down:

Attached File  up.png   111.17KB   410 downloads

Attached File  down.png   114.99KB   410 downloads

Asymmetrical aileron deflection reduces stick forces, but has a penalty of higher roll adverse yaw. It's an effect that is almost completely absent in our F.2b.

#86 DD_Fenrir

DD_Fenrir

Posted 04 April 2013 - 00:16

Asymmetrical aileron deflection reduces stick forces, but has a penalty of higher roll adverse yaw. It's an effect that is almost completely absent in our F.2b.

Eh..?! You must be flying a different plane then Gav cos I get bags of adverse yaw flying the Brisfit.

#87 Lieste

Lieste

Posted 04 April 2013 - 19:03

That isn't an indication of droop. To check this you need to centralise the aileron and compare the trailing edge of the wing at the aileron and inboard of it.

You are instead 'checking' a combination of 'droop' (which defines a centre-point) and differential throw (which defines the min/max deflection from that point).

I'd suggest that while 3/4 " of droop is important from a control feel point of view, it is not critical for performance, nor obviously visible except when closely scrutinised.

#88 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 04 April 2013 - 19:12

That isn't an indication of droop. To check this you need to centralise the aileron and compare the trailing edge of the wing at the aileron and inboard of it.

The point of my pictures was more to compare it to our old D.7 ailerons. I wasn't trying to prove the absence of droop with the pictures because that is easy to see by just spawning in the aircraft and inspecting them. ;)

#89 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 01 September 2013 - 14:25

And another one :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users