Global announcements

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Fokker EV/DVIII MFJ II Karl Scharon
a. Yes, I agree to add this paint scheme in protected mode 97%  97%  [ 32 ]
b. No, I disagree to add this paint scheme in protected mode 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 33
Online J2_Adam
Open beta-tester
Vzfw. Karl Scharon flew this aircraft, Fok. EV 137/18 while serving with Marine Feld Jagdstaffel II at Jabbecke Airfield in August 1918. MFJ II was known for their yellow tails. This aircraft was standard day 4 colour lozenge on the fuselage and 4 colour stain on the wings. Wheels, nose cowl, tail were yellow. Personal emblem were "S"s on the fuselage and wing.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jhzilmfhtlf
References:
WW1 Aero #202 The Journal of the Early Aeroplane
Link: http://www.ww1aeroinc.org/Store2.html

UPDATE: 05/11/10
Corrections to Spanish and Russian text.

UPDATE: 05/13/10
Fixed text file as per Panther's recommendations.

UPDATE: 05/20/10
Changed yellow to a "punchier" yellow and added MFJ II stripes to the elevator at Karma-Police's request.
**Note: I allowed for re-voting due to the newest changes.**

UPDATE: 05/27/10
Changed wing colour based on Achim Engels' aircraft; Darkened Mocha (top), brighter Azin Violet and Azure (both bottom colours)
Changed position of "Anstellwinkel 0"
Coloured Aileron ends with Fokker Green
http://www.worldwar1aeroplanesinc.org/f ... 15&page=28
New photos showing both.
www.jasta2.org
Attachments:
File comment: 2
2010_5_27__7_3_1.jpg
2010_5_27__7_3_1.jpg [ 260.19 KiB | Viewed 1149 times ]
2010_5_27__7_2_29.jpg
2010_5_27__7_2_29.jpg [ 329.83 KiB | Viewed 1145 times ]
Last edited by J2_Adam on Fri 28 May 2010, 20:24, edited 13 times in total.

#1 Post Mon 10 May 2010, 11:34

Online Womenfly2
Глас / Talking Guru
Awesome! Any more EV/DVIII skins for DL?

Thanks for sharing.
Visit my web site: Keri-Ann's L-4 Piper Cub Build-Along @ https://sites.google.com/site/keriannsl4pipercubproject/

#2 Post Mon 10 May 2010, 11:44

Online J2_Adam
Open beta-tester
Hi WF2,

Thanks. There will be some more otw but will summer fast approaching I need to focus more on a boat restoration and get my '59 Merc outboard tuned up.

I started working on an EV that had 5 colour lozenge! Yes, 5 colour. But DSA had the nose being red which I'm not convinced is correct. It's a Jasta 1 aircraft.

Cheers
www.jasta2.org

#3 Post Mon 10 May 2010, 20:35

Online Panthercules
Dev. Partners
Please note the following item(s) needing attention:

1. Your .txt file is called "Scharon.txt", but needs to have the same file name as the other two files (except for the extension, of course), i.e., "FD8_MFJ2Scharon.txt"

2. While you're at it, in the "ENG" section inside your .txt file, "Scharons's aircraft..."
should be "Scharon's aircraft..."

Otherwise, looking good!
Intel Core i7-4770K @3.5 GHz
ASUS ROG Maximus VI MB
16GB RAM
EVGA GTX 780, 3 GB
Realtek ROG SupremeFX audio
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

#4 Post Wed 12 May 2010, 02:33

Online J2_Adam
Open beta-tester
Sorry for the hassle Pather.

Fixed!

Cheers
www.jasta2.org

#5 Post Fri 14 May 2010, 05:40

Online Panthercules
Dev. Partners
J2_Adam wrote:
Sorry for the hassle Pather.

Fixed!

Cheers

No hassle - thanks for taking care of that :)
Intel Core i7-4770K @3.5 GHz
ASUS ROG Maximus VI MB
16GB RAM
EVGA GTX 780, 3 GB
Realtek ROG SupremeFX audio
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

#6 Post Fri 14 May 2010, 20:58

Online Karma-Police
Неумолкаемый / Chatterbox
A great skin.
A big yes for me !

Just a thing. As this plane belongs to MFJ II it should have two black strips on tailplane.
I don't know if Fokker E.V have this unit markings but I know that Fokker D.VII have them. MFJs flew E.V and D.VII at the same time. (Before E.V were grounded.)

I think that your yellow is too "sad". Yellow was a "religion" in MFJs. All MFJs aircraft were marked with yellow cowlings and tailplanes.
Italian front in ROF !
J'aime trop ton boule

#7 Post Mon 17 May 2010, 18:41

Online J2_Adam
Open beta-tester
Karma-Police wrote:
A great skin.
A big yes for me !

Just a thing. As this plane belongs to MFJ II it should have two black strips on tailplane.
I don't know if Fokker E.V have this unit markings but I know that Fokker D.VII have them. MFJs flew E.V and D.VII at the same time. (Before E.V were grounded.)

I think that your yellow is too "sad". Yellow was a "religion" in MFJs. All MFJs aircraft were marked with yellow cowlings and tailplanes.

Thanks.

I tend to agree with you on the stripes. However, Dan San Abbott, whom the reference is from, drew/coloured it without them. The photos he has apparently don't have the stripes. Maybe I should add them anyway?

What do you mean by "sad"? Not enough vibrance? I tried matching the yellow pretty much to the yellow on some of the other ROF planes. Is there a different yellow you would suggest? Preferably on an ROF plane.

Thanks
www.jasta2.org

#8 Post Thu 20 May 2010, 06:58

Online Karma-Police
Неумолкаемый / Chatterbox
J2_Adam wrote:
Thanks.

I tend to agree with you on the stripes. However, Dan San Abbott, whom the reference is from, drew/coloured it without them. The photos he has apparently don't have the stripes. Maybe I should add them anyway?

I think that as the plane has all markings unit, it would be strange if mecanics hadn't add the stripes. Moreover as E.V was used alongside D.VII they should have same markings.

J2_Adam wrote:
What do you mean by "sad"? Not enough vibrance? I tried matching the yellow pretty much to the yellow on some of the other ROF planes. Is there a different yellow you would suggest? Preferably on an ROF plane.

Thanks

Have a look to Panthercules's MFJIII D.VII. I prefer this yellow. I assume that different shades of yellow were used but as MFJ's E.V had a very short career a more "punchy" yellow would be great. ;)

Oh and a question. Did you found this profile in a book devoted to MFJs ? I'm looking for such a book.
Italian front in ROF !
J'aime trop ton boule

#9 Post Thu 20 May 2010, 07:28

Online J2_Adam
Open beta-tester
Karma-Police wrote:
J2_Adam wrote:
Thanks.

I think that as the plane has all markings unit, it would be strange if mecanics hadn't add the stripes. Moreover as E.V was used alongside D.VII they should have same markings.

J2_Adam wrote:

Thanks

Have a look to Panthercules's MFJIII D.VII. I prefer this yellow. I assume that different shades of yellow were used but as MFJ's E.V had a very short career a more "punchy" yellow would be great. ;)

Oh and a question. Did you found this profile in a book devoted to MFJs ? I'm looking for such a book.

OK it's all done I hope you like it.
BTW I posted my reference up at the top of this thread.
www.jasta2.org

#10 Post Fri 21 May 2010, 06:15

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next