Global announcements

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Offline neuro
Глас / Talking Guru
@Carrel: throw away those 3 titles and get the 1946 all-in-one edition. Everything else builds on that one, now (since 2006, that is). It's $10 on Steam. I think there are also original DVDs in that price range.

@ all those who have installed 4.11 over Ultrapack and screwed things up: Many UP mods conflict with 4.11. You can probably repair your UP installation: copy Files.SFS from the 4.10.1 official patch and the il2fb.exe from a stock game, and drop both into the main IL-2 directory. Then reinstall the UP patch 'RC4_Client'.

NOTE: with RC4, only 'enable UP' works the right way, All the other options, such as 'widescreen'*, 'haken', 'widescreen+haken' will run RC3 (for some reason they weren't updated...)

WIDESCREEN: you don't really need it. If you set saveaspect=0 in conf.ini your game will work fine. Don't mind the two vertical black bars on splash screen and user interface, once in mission the game will span over the whole screen.

4.11: works perfectly on stock games and even on modded games, provided that you can disable any mods that conflict with 4.11 (which is not possible on UP). If you want to run modded 4.11 you'll have to use a mod activator and manually add mods that work on 4.11, or use my 'Fusion 069 Lite' which is basically a modact + a bunch of mods, but then you'll have to disable or remove conflicting mods (you'll find out as you play, I guess)

As for 4.11+UP there's nothing you can do but wait for the UP/SAS gang to release the new version. For now, I suggest you run two installations side by side: one for 4.10.1+UP (to be upgraded when the UP3 Final is released... which can't take much longer now) and another one for 4.11.
In other words, leave UP alone until the UP gang tells you what to do.

You can use my switcher, linked above, to enable/disable mods on 4.11 +modact, and also switch back and forth between 4.10.1 and 4.11, so you can still join 4.10.1 stock servers.
68 sq The FoxBats www.thefoxbats.ch
"Non sine pugna, matrifututori"

#41 Post Tue 17 Jan 2012, 05:06

Online USAMP
Скромный / Lurker
gavagai wrote:
Change these in your conf.ini file:

[window]
width=1900
height=1200[/bI
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=1
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
[b]SaveAspect=0

Use3Renders=0

I changed the file, but it still would only to the highest resultion in 1946. Any thing else I can do?

#42 Post Tue 17 Jan 2012, 23:35

Online gavagai
Глас / Talking Guru
No idea USAMP. You're not trying to change the resolution in-game afterward, are you?

----------------

On another note, I can't get over how fun the AI is now. It actually maneuvers to attack you, it hits deflection shots, and you can even observe the AI black out when it tries to pull its usual BS maneuvers.
FM-BITCHER
Dear 777, please give us historical airspeeds for Rise of Flight.

#43 Post Wed 18 Jan 2012, 02:21

Online USAMP
Скромный / Lurker
gavagai wrote:
No idea USAMP. You're not trying to change the resolution in-game afterward, are you?

----------------

On another note, I can't get over how fun the AI is now. It actually maneuvers to attack you, it hits deflection shots, and you can even observe the AI black out when it tries to pull its usual BS maneuvers.

After I changed the ini file to 1680x1050and started the game my monitor sent me a message that I was not set at the optimal setting for the monitor which is 1680x1050. I looked in the game settings and it was set to 640x480. Is that just what it goes to in the game settings after changing the ini, but the real setting is what is in the ini?

#44 Post Wed 18 Jan 2012, 03:26

Online dsmith007
Общительный / Talkative
gavagai wrote:
Do give the mods a try when they are released for 4.11 (both UP and hsfx are great). Il-2 without them is like sex with a cardboard box.

+20 :)

[Edit] Keen to try out the new AI but I will wait until UP is working with 4.11.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

#45 Post Wed 18 Jan 2012, 03:34

Online dsmith007
Общительный / Talkative
USAMP wrote:
gavagai wrote:

----------------

After I changed the ini file to 1680x1050and started the game my monitor sent me a message that I was not set at the optimal setting for the monitor which is 1680x1050. I looked in the game settings and it was set to 640x480. Is that just what it goes to in the game settings after changing the ini, but the real setting is what is in the ini?

USAMP, don't touch anything in the 'in game' settings, it will alter the resolution you changed in your conf.ini, otherwise the resolution should be what you set it to.
"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

#46 Post Wed 18 Jan 2012, 03:43

Online jimcarrel
Неумолкаемый / Chatterbox
I have the DVD installed. Off now to run the multi-patch posted by tf_neuro. Will see how it goes.
No, I am NOT going to wash my hat!

#47 Post Wed 18 Jan 2012, 04:05

Offline neuro
Глас / Talking Guru
dsmith007 wrote:
gavagai wrote:
Do give the mods a try when they are released for 4.11 (both UP and hsfx are great). Il-2 without them is like sex with a cardboard box.

+20 :)

[Edit] Keen to try out the new AI but I will wait until UP is working with 4.11.

Mods are definitely a must but you'll have to wait for an update from the UP/HSFX guys to have them work properly with 4.11. For now, you can mod 4.11 with a mod activator and manually dropping mods in the MODS folder
68 sq The FoxBats www.thefoxbats.ch
"Non sine pugna, matrifututori"

#48 Post Wed 18 Jan 2012, 13:18

Online USAMP
Скромный / Lurker
dsmith007 wrote:
USAMP wrote:
gavagai wrote:

----------------

USAMP, don't touch anything in the 'in game' settings, it will alter the resolution you changed in your conf.ini, otherwise the resolution should be what you set it to.

Thanks for the help!

#49 Post Wed 18 Jan 2012, 13:23

Offline =Fifi=
Глас / Talking Guru
I've deleted IL2 from my computer long ago, and i have a question though:

Can i try new 4.11 starting with IL2 forgotten battles DVD? (that's the only one i own)
I had a dream...

#50 Post Wed 18 Jan 2012, 21:28

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next