Global announcements

Offline Bachfire
Немой / TongueTied
Anybody have a .map profile done for ROF with CH Products Fighterstick, Pro-pedals and Pro-throttle USB combo? I have not been able to figure out how to use the CH Control Manager software yet and would like to have my setup working in ROF.

#1 Post Tue 01 Jan 2013, 17:18

Online charlo
Неумолкаемый / Chatterbox
Welcome Bachfire,

Check out the thread request for: CH Pro throttle/CH Fighterstick and CH Pro Pedl for my version. I do not yet have 1.029's new adjustable stabilizer keys set up, but I will probably eventually use ROF's default key for those, RCtrl+ArrowUp / RCtrl+ArrowDown.

As you read through the above thread, note that you do NOT need to use CH Control Manager software (lots of ROFers do not). I only use it because I also fly/flew CloD, and because two years ago I thought I needed to use CH Control Manager.

If I were just starting with ROF and CH now, I probably would not bother using the CH Control Manager software... but then again, sometimes I teach myself new stuff just for the challenge. :D

Charlo

#2 Post Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:31

Offline aces61
Немой / TongueTied
Here is my map for CH Products FS PT PP. :S!:

#3 Post Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:13

Offline aces61
Немой / TongueTied
Sorry Bachfire cant seem to attach it to the post, must be doing something wrong.

#4 Post Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:15

Offline Bachfire
Немой / TongueTied
Charlo,

Many thanks for your help on this. I will "give it a shot" as they say!

#5 Post Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:48

Offline Bachfire
Немой / TongueTied
I think that you have to have the .map file in separate temporary folder. Just copy it from your CH Control Manager .map folder and paste it into a new folder that you would create outside of the CH folder. You should then be able to use the browse feature in the post reply. Just locate the new folder, open it and select the .map file and depress the "add the file" button. That should get it on its me. If that does not work then we can try something else. Thanks for trying to get this file to me.

#6 Post Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:53

Offline Bachfire
Немой / TongueTied
ACES61

Can you give another try at trying to forward me your .map file for CH FS, PT and PP setup. Here is my direct email address. This will probably work just fine for you to send me the attachment folder. john.bachorik@yahoo.com. Thanks for your help!

Bachfire

#7 Post Sat 02 Mar 2013, 19:59

Offline Bachfire
Немой / TongueTied
Hi Charlo

I went to the thread you mentioned and downloaded the file. Then I realized that it was for the CH MFP which I do not have. I am running the Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals and Fighterstick. Could you kindly attach your .map file the corresponds to the CH Control Manager Map Assignment sheets you posted. This would be a great help to me as I have never ventured into ther realm of trying to figure out how to program the equipment in the Control Manager software. I am a newbie to this software and get lost right after I open it up. Many thanks for your help!

Bachfire

charlo wrote:
Welcome Bachfire,

Check out the thread request for: CH Pro throttle/CH Fighterstick and CH Pro Pedl for my version. I do not yet have 1.029's new adjustable stabilizer keys set up, but I will probably eventually use ROF's default key for those, RCtrl+ArrowUp / RCtrl+ArrowDown.

As you read through the above thread, note that you do NOT need to use CH Control Manager software (lots of ROFers do not). I only use it because I also fly/flew CloD, and because two years ago I thought I needed to use CH Control Manager.

If I were just starting with ROF and CH now, I probably would not bother using the CH Control Manager software... but then again, sometimes I teach myself new stuff just for the challenge. :D

Charlo

#8 Post Sat 02 Mar 2013, 21:52

Online charlo
Неумолкаемый / Chatterbox
Hi Bachfire,

In the .zip file I shared in that other file I included my ROF_FSPTPPMFP_Charlo.map file, but I can't remember what that file does, so maybe it isn't the one you need. It's the only .map file I have and use, and I think you can simply map to your keyboard what I have mapped to my MFP.

(It has been a few years since I learned how to set up my CH stuff, and I can no longer remember many of the specifics.)

Perhaps you need my ROF .actions and .responses files I created, and which are stored by ROF in Rise of Flight\data\input

If so, attached are the 4 different types I use, depending upon the plane I am flying. I think you can tell from their names for which aircraft I load each of them. They are largely the same, which just a few differences depending upon their engine types (inline, rotary with a blip switch, if they also have an altitude throttle, or the E.III and D.H.2 with no throttle).

I hope these help! :S!:

Charlo
Attachment:
Charlo actions and responses.zip [13.93 KiB]
Downloaded 41 times

#9 Post Sun 03 Mar 2013, 21:31