Global announcements

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Online SYN_Vander
Beta-tester
Some time ago we’ve tried to introduce coops again on the Syndicate server. This wasn’t a big success, because these missions ran unattended. To fill up a coop mission on a server you need several players to join the server at the precise same time and without a set time or a Rise of Flight lobby this is not going to happen.

Still, I’m convinced that a well-designed coop mission will be the ultimate MP experience because:

-Flights are organized by default. You need to pick a slot and you will start at the same time.
-Flights will meet other flights and not a sequence of gung-ho solo pilots crossing the lines (unless the wrong people join )
-A mission represents one sortie per flight. Clear objectives can be given with clear win conditions
-Death is death makes the mission much more intense
-Using coop mode you can do smarter stuff in the editor using triggers and such. For instance, we can use proper artillery spotting, photo recon etc, just as in career mode. This truly makes the two-seaters the center of all the action and they have to real tasks and not just “stay in a zone for 5 minutes”.
-With everyone starting at the same time and limited mission duration, you don’t need 60 players to see some action over the lines. I expect (hope) 32 will be enough as long as they go for the objectives. This means we can use more AI (planes, vehicles, AAA) to make the mission more interesting.

I have now finished a sample coop mission that I would like to test for real. Not just to look for bugs, but also to see how people like it. Is there enough action? Is the mission too short/too long? Are the two-seater tasks manageable?

-----------

The coop mission will be hosted this Wednesday, April 18 at 21.00 CET, or 19.00 UTC/GMT. It will probably last for an hour. Maybe longer, because we’ll have to discuss tactics etc.

Server details:

Server Name: Syndicate2 Coop
Password: 1917

Teamspeak IP: 173.199.64.243:9105
Password: 1917

Instructions:

About coop, or co-operative gameplay: When joining the server and the mission has not started yet you will enter the lobby. Here you can pick a plane (and side) that was assigned to you, see the roster below. DON'T "ACCIDENTALLY" PICK A SLOT FROM THE OTHER SIDE!
When you are ready for take-off, click on "Ready". If all players are ready, the mission will start by itself.
However, before you click "ready", make sure you are indeed ready. Remember, this is not a quick dogfight mission!

Read the briefing to understand the mission and how to accomplish objectives.
Determine, if you have not already done so, who is flight leader, who will be wingmen etc. Now is also the time to quickly discuss a plan of action. If you don't want to/can't use Teamspeak then simply pick your slot and follow your flight leader.
Take a look at the map (button "Mission") to see the objectives. The name of the aircraft you picked will show the flight number. Find the airfield on the map that has an icon with the same flight number. When you move the mouse over the icon you can read your flight's orders. These orders will contain vital information, please read carefully!

In each of our coop missions, one side will be on the offensive and the other on the defensive. This does not mean that the defending side will always fly on their own side or vice versa. What it does mean is that for the offensive side, the primary objective can only be achieved using the two-seaters. The offensive side MUST go for the primary objective, while the defending side has to stop them from doing so. The defending side will usually also have a two-seater task, but that one will be a secundary objective and is more simple; it can also be achieved by AI if no-one is flying the two-seaters.

Primary objectives for the offensive side may be: Photo recon, Artillery spotting and Bombing (for now) and can only be achieved having human pilots in the two-seaters. They work the same as in the Career mission, see the new RoF Manual (p30) for full instructions.

Player assignments:

Allies

Flight 1 (RE.8)
1. Flashy
2. E.Blackadder

Flight 2 (RE.8)
1. Waxworks
2. -

Flight 3 (Sopwith Tripe)
1. SYN_Jedders
2. SYN_Haashashin
3. SYN_Vander

Flight 4 (Sopwith Tripe)

1. =IRFC=Requiem (*** NOT showing, need replacement)
2. SYN_MrWolf
3. SYN_Mike77

Flight 5 (N17)

1. Vacu
2. El_Marta
3. ChiefRedCloud
4. dRe2

Central

Flight 1 (DFW C.V)
1. adanhael
2. arthursmedley

Flight 2 (DFW C.V)
1. lederhosen

Flight 3 (Albatros DIII)
1. J2_Sturm
2. J2_drookasi
3. UncleTony
4. Parazaine

Flight 4 (Albatros DIII)
1. -bbob
2. ami7b5
3. Marwitz

Flight 5 (Albatros DIII)
1. J5_Schaefer
2. J5_Rumey
3. J5_Vorlander
4. J5_O.Schmidt

Airfield assignment:

Allied airfield 1: Flight 1, 2 & 5
Allied airfield 2: Flight 3 & 4

Central airfield 1: Flight 1 & 2
Central airfield 2: Flight 3 & 4
Central airfield 3: Flight 5

Reserves:

IRFC_SmokinHole
sniper_dog
J2_Adam
I/JG53_Kurtz
www.syndicatesquadron.net

St. Mihiel campaign: http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=278&t=26226
Last edited by SYN_Vander on Wed 18 Apr 2012, 07:48, edited 8 times in total.

#1 Post Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:07

Online SYN_Haashashin
Open beta-tester
Vander, Im in for sure!! for flying and testing.

:S!:
www.syndicatesquadron.org

#2 Post Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:30

Offline -bbob
Глас / Talking Guru
I'm game for it!

Will x-post at J2 towers to see if I can stamp up some interest.

Sounds really cool!

#3 Post Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:33

Online SYN_Jedders
Неумолкаемый / Chatterbox
Im in.

#4 Post Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:38

Online Flashy
Глас / Talking Guru
I'm in. Would love to fly one of the RE's.

Btw Vander, wont the little flash icons for Artillery, Photo Recon etc still be displayed to all players in Co-op?

#5 Post Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:46

Offline SYN_MrWolf
Неумолкаемый / Chatterbox
I will be present
syndicatesquadron.net
VIDEOS http://vimeopro.com/glowstudioamsterdam/rise-of-flight-by-mrwolf

#6 Post Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:50

Offline J2_Tony
Общительный / Talkative
In!
>>>>> jasta2.org <<<<<

#7 Post Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:57

Online -Requiem-
Open beta-tester
I'm in too. I miss seeing that co-op screen :-)
Rise of Flight - Instructional Videos____________________ IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad - Instructional Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Requiem10NS_________ http://www.youtube.com/RequiemBoS

#8 Post Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:00

Online =IRFC=Artun
Beta-tester
Aww, got school.. sounds like great fun though!

#9 Post Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:05

Online SYN_Vander
Beta-tester
Flashy wrote:
I'm in. Would love to fly one of the RE's.

Btw Vander, wont the little flash icons for Artillery, Photo Recon etc still be displayed to all players in Co-op?

Yes, but I just found out that you can display more than one at the same time. Now if we display two or three icons and we show them during the whole mission, then no-one will know what is happening right?

St. Mihiel campaign: http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=278&t=26226

#10 Post Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:10

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next