Global announcements

Offline B-24_Liberator
Глас / Talking Guru
My pal Justin bought me this controller for the mix and all that. The knobs work great but I'm having issues with the toggle switches, they are toggle on/off on only one side. Hard to explain it... I have the first one set to ignition, when i flip it down the engine starts, but when I flip it back up it does nothing, I have to flip it back down for the engine to stop. I don't wanna tell him it doesn't work, I guess he put a lotta money into it :? it's quite cool also but I was hoping someone else here has one and can help me fix this issue :) I already screwed up the keyboard settings twice and had to do a system restore so I want professional help :lol:
Attachments:
SAI-195f.jpg
SAI-195f.jpg [ 24.05 KiB | Viewed 1231 times ]

#1 Post Sun 13 Mar 2011, 07:27

Online MadRobbie1
Скромный / Lurker
Lib,

Have you installed the programming software for this kit? If you don't have a CD with it on, you can get it off the Saitek website. Think you'll get better results with it rather than just using the drivers - I always have with my Saitek kit... the dedicated software really isn't that much of a pain to learn to use and it makes the controllers so much more capable.

Without having one myself it's difficult to comment on in any real detail, but you may find that a combination of usng the RoF setup menus and the Saitek software will allow you to get the switches to register when flipped in either direction rather than just one way. With the siftware for the X52Pro, you can assign commands for when any control is pressed or released.

I do have a similar control panel made by VRInsight called the "Tact & Toggle" panel, and without any dedicated programming software the buttons/switches don't remember their position so you have to double-flick them to turn things on/off.... however I am finding that the response does vary between different flight simulator titles, and as VRI haven't released any dedicated programming software for their panel, I am using a mix of the in-game menus and a keyboard emulator program called "JoyToKey" which is a doddle to set up and runs trouble free in the background.
For example within FSX, I assign the required commands to the panel but tell FSX to activate it on "button up". Then using JoyToKey I make a profile that recognises the command when the switch is flicked - this way I get a proper on/off capability.

I'm still experimenting with RoF though!

Hope this helps at all,

Cheers!
Rob

CPS_Bomber
Intel Core2 Quad 6600 2.40Ghz
3Gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT, total graphics memory 2286Mb
Realtek HD onboard audio
19" Widescreen monitor
Saitek X52 Pro, Pro Pedals, Throttle Quadrant & Pro Gamer Command Unit
Vista Home Premium, 32bit, SP2

#2 Post Tue 15 Mar 2011, 18:33

Online MadRobbie1
Скромный / Lurker
Any progress with this control panel Lib?
Curious minds want to know!

Cheers!
Rob

CPS_Bomber
3Gb RAM
Realtek HD onboard audio
19" Widescreen monitor

#3 Post Mon 21 Mar 2011, 18:34

Offline B-24_Liberator
Глас / Talking Guru
Didn't notice anyone has replied to this :lol: Well I got it to work with other games, I don't think RoF's setup will allow me to use it properly.

I visited your website also, nice stuff :) I did my own picture for this, but I aint the best artist :D
Last edited by B-24_Liberator on Wed 30 Mar 2011, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.

#4 Post Wed 30 Mar 2011, 00:44

Online HotTom
Глас / Talking Guru
Give SaitekUSA's customer service a phone call (the 800 number is on their web site). I've always found them to be very helpful.
Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit....

#5 Post Wed 30 Mar 2011, 00:46

Offline B-24_Liberator
Глас / Talking Guru
HotTom wrote:
Give SaitekUSA's customer service a phone call (the 800 number is on their web site). I've always found them to be very helpful.

The problem lies with RoF not the controller, as i stated a couple minutes ago. It works fine in every other game, just not RoF.

#6 Post Wed 30 Mar 2011, 00:50

Online HotTom
Глас / Talking Guru
B-24_Liberator wrote:
HotTom wrote:

The problem lies with RoF not the controller, as i stated a couple minutes ago. It works fine in every other game, just not RoF.

Well, I thought maybe they could advise you how to get it working in RoF or tell you it's a known problem.

I tried to check it myself but it appears now that Saitek has been bought by Madkat, there no longer is a telephone support line.

NM
Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit....

#7 Post Wed 30 Mar 2011, 00:53

Offline B-24_Liberator
Глас / Talking Guru
The best person to contact would be one of the developers with hopefully the same controller and see what he did, but I don't know if any of them have it and even if someone did I wouldn't know who.

#8 Post Wed 30 Mar 2011, 01:01

Online MadRobbie1
Скромный / Lurker
B-24_Liberator wrote:
Didn't notice anyone has replied to this :lol: Well I got it to work with other games, I don't think RoF's setup will allow me to use it properly.

I visited your website also, nice stuff :) I did my own picture for this, but I aint the best artist :D

Hey Lib,

Good to hear you got things workings with other games. What's up with RoF then? Is it just not working at all, or are certain controls/functions not operating as you expected?

Did you try the Saitek programming software for the TPM panel?

Thanks for the kind word about my work too, greatly appreciated :S!:
You drew your avatar pic? Looks pretty good to me mate!

Cheers!
Rob

CPS_Bomber
3Gb RAM
Realtek HD onboard audio
19" Widescreen monitor

#9 Post Wed 30 Mar 2011, 22:08

Offline B-24_Liberator
Глас / Talking Guru
I have to flip the switch twice for it to do anything. Say the on position of the switch is a button, you hit the button once(flipping it on) and it turns on you have to move it back to the on position to turn it off; RoF's buttons are set up more like a toggle system so it doesn't recognize the toggle switch as on/off just the on position as on/off :(

And I thought your art was really good, I've never been good at painting but I can draw semi- decently with a pen or pencil.

these are a bit old....

https://picasaweb.google.com/1080977588 ... /Drawings#

#10 Post Thu 31 Mar 2011, 00:14