Global announcements

Offline Jbird
Немой / TongueTied
Hello!

I'm new to the game and haven't flown any sims in quite some time. Probably the last flight sim I played regularly was European Air War a long time ago.

Anyways, I loaded up Rise Of Flight (Iron Cross ed.) and plugged in my Saitek x45 USB, figuring it probably wouldnt work.

Lo and behold, it DID work, everything but the throttle itself. buttons on the throttle work, and the rudder buttons on the throttle work great for now since I currently dont have rudder pedals, but the throttle itself to speed/slow the engine, did not work.

I clicked on 'settings' and all I could see was a box to click/unclick for axis for the throttle control, along with the default settings of the + / - keyboard keys. What do I do/click to get to a screen where I can slide the throttle back and forth to have the game recognize it?

Thanks, and sorry for the newb question.

#1 Post Mon 25 Oct 2010, 02:11

Offline Viper69
Глас / Talking Guru
Click on the plane controls tab, then scroll down to throttle. Clcik on it and it will bring up a prompt to move the axis you want for the throttle. Make sure nothing else is moving then slide your throttle forward. It should recognize it without anything special. I have an X45 throttle I use and it works great.
Gigabyte GA-EP35C
Intel Q9450 Quadcore
Giga HD-5870

#2 Post Mon 25 Oct 2010, 02:59

Offline Felklaw
Общительный / Talkative
Sorry to revive an older thread, but I also had the same issue.
Doing as mentioned definately worked and allows the throttle to work, but also had to go to the responses tab and invert it as FOT was behaving like FCT ...

One question I did want to ask you though, how do you find it for flying within ROF?
I thought it was just me sucking at flying, but am wondering if the X-45 is not quite as accurate, especially for lining up for ground attacks. This is the main time I see myself "chasing the ball" to line up straffing runs.

Actually, even in A2A I do quite a lot of wandering the sights when trying to get a clean shot.
I thought it was just me, but wondering if you are experiencing similar ?
I feel like George of the Jungle....
"Watch out for that tree!"

#3 Post Tue 03 May 2011, 17:13