LOFT → 28. June 2010 23:50

ROF ICE in the North America

Dear ROF Fans,

Summer is upon us and we have been busy preparing for the future of Rise of Flight. We’d like to share some of the latest happenings and news with you.

Change in Ownership

As many of you have already read on the forums, 777 Studios, previously the North American publisher of Rise of Flight has acquired all rights to Rise of Flight and the neoqb brand. The neoqb brand will be gradually phased out over time and replaced by 777 Studios. This was a friendly merger and was done with an eye towards future development. We want to make it clear that there are no plans to change the core team that has created such a great product. The corporate headquarters will be located in the USA and development will continue to be located in Russia. Current development plans for ROF are still in place and the team is working hard to give you such items as multi-seat aircraft and a new Career mode. Further development plans will be announced when appropriate.

Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition Launches in North America

Also, Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition will release this week in North America and will be available at many fine PC game retailers such as Amazon.com, GoGamer.com, Newegg.com, Gamestop.com and select Gamestop stores. Other retailers will be announced shortly as they receive product. ROF:ICE will also be released in Europe and in Digital form in the near future. We will announce when that will happen soon.

Gamestop will have the Albatros D.II as the bonus plane and all others will have the Nieuport 17 as the bonus plane. The bonus plane is for a limited time only. We will announce when the Bonus plane program ends in the near future.

Order ROF:ICE at:

ROF:ICE is the culmination of twelve months of hard work by the team and the package is a much stronger offering then our original disk version with all patches and updates included as part of the install. That includes new Multiplayer modes, Terrain Maps, scripted Campaigns and Quick Mission Builder and other cool features and enhancements. We’ve also included four of our best selling add-on planes which doubles the amount of flyable planes included. That brings the total to eight flyable planes out of the box (nine if you include the bonus plane). Not to mention, the overall plane count has grown tremendously since our original launch which adds much more variety to your missions. The disk also includes the first three official Skin Packs which contains hundreds of new skins for you to use. In addition, the package includes some original artwork in the form of an interesting Awards Poster and an updated Theatre Map Poster. It is also important to note that ROF:ICE is fully compatible with the original ROF so current users have nothing to worry about. If you have friends who have not yet picked up ROF, now may be a great time to welcome them to the ROF community. The virtual sky of WWI eagerly awaits their arrival!

Something for Current Users

We understand the desire of some current users of ROF to want to “upgrade” their copy of ROF to ICE standards. Although ROF:ICE was never designed to be an upgrade product, we understand your point of view. So, for current users, we have decided to offer several of our add-on aircraft at a substantial discount, including the planes contained in ICE. This will allow current users to “upgrade” their current install to something similar to what is included in the ICE package for a similar price. We hope this is welcome news to our current users. However, this sale will be for a very limited time.

The following planes will be on sale June 29th to July 2nd for $2.99.

• SE.5a
  • Sopwith Camel
  • Pfalz. D,IIIa
  • Fokker Dr.1
  • Sopwith Dolphin
  • Fokker DV.III
  • Fokker D.VIIF
  • Albatros D.III
  • Pfalz D.XII
  • Albatros D.II
  • Nieuport 17
  • Nieuport 28.C1
  • Albatros D.Va

All other planes will remain at their original price and again this sale is a limited time offer and intended for our steadfast and supportive early-adopters who bought into ROF during its infancy. We always appreciate your continued support!

Change to the Store Currency

As part of the change in ownership and resulting change in credit card processors, we lost the ability to offer aircraft in Euros and Rubles. We apologize if this causes a slight change in the amount of money you are charged in your native currency. We cannot control international exchange rates, but we will now only offer aircraft in U.S. dollars. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. All credit / debit card orders are now processed by safe and secure Authorize.net in the USA and we will continue to offer our PayPal option for those that method.

Rise of Flight First Year Anniversary

Rise of Flight recently celebrated its First Anniversary of being on the international market. The first year has been full of interesting developments and thousands of hours of hard work. We hope that you take pride, as we do, in the work that has been accomplished thus far by the development team and the bright future of Rise of Flight and the Digital Nature engine. We think we have done pretty well for a rookie team. However, we could not have come this far without your support, ideas, information and faith in the team. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. The best is yet to come.

See you in the virtual sky!

Comments

pollux18 → 6/27/2010 3:17:31 PM #

Buyer ROF from the beginning and already having all the planes.
What other gift can we expect?

777Studios-Jason → 6/27/2010 3:27:13 PM #

Unfortunately, we can't please everyone since a small percentage of you did buy all the planes. What you did do however, is allow ROF to survive it's first year and live to fight another day, which we do appreciate.

pollux18 → 6/27/2010 5:11:39 PM #

A discount on future aircraft est'il possible for us?

BigQ → 6/28/2010 1:30:52 AM #

Hancock sais: G-O-O-D J-O-B NeoQb.

I've just bought Fokker  D.VIIF and Albatros III.

KarlMarxman → 6/28/2010 2:42:27 AM #

Thanks guys. Now I own all the planes. Can't wait for the Eindecker.

Lt_vonLipps → 6/28/2010 4:35:29 AM #

Hello guy,

what is about the owner, how bought every plane till today?
Get he future planes cheaper?

severs → 6/28/2010 5:37:39 AM #

I also have purchased all add-on aircraft,and
think those who have would exspect a discount on
a simular number of future aircraft!!
Added comment,it just dosn,t seem right that the german observation aircraft can outmanuver,out climb,and run away from the nieuport 17,s!!
Please fix!!

Herodotus → 6/28/2010 7:42:23 AM #

"Something for Current Users".
Well, thanks for that and many will take advantage of it.
However, there are quite a few of us who have purchased all aircraft at full price when first released to help support the continued development of "RoF".
These discounts to us are therefore disappointingly useless. I had hoped for some other loyalty reward. Perhaps another "loyalty" offer might be considered now or in the near future, other wise why purchase any new aircraft on release?

slyfutret → 6/28/2010 8:43:57 AM #

I agree with Herodotus and all those who have actually supported ROF the greatest of all by buying all aircraft full price. Seems we are the only one's that don't get a thank you, it's a bit disappointing if I'm being honest. I appreciate this is a goodwill gesture for existing users and thanks for that but its meaningless to me and many others. Might I suggest a nice compromise all round would be for existing users with all aircraft to get the forthcoming Eindecker free ? Might encourage existing users to max out their planes to get the deal and everyone, 777 Studios included is happy ? Just a thought...

WillyVonWonka → 6/28/2010 11:49:57 AM #

I do appreciate you folks at neoqb/777 for one of the best sims out there. I honestly don't mind paying for the planes at full price because know doubt it has been a struggle this last year so a little extra money could help a small company survive. Moreover, for the problems I've had with various patches(nothing major) and the lack of content in single-player, and some quirky ideas, you RoF folks just have done one bang up job! Awesome work! So I've bought 2 copies of RoF:ICE for friends and family. May this next year bring more success to RoF and crew...

Herodotus → 6/28/2010 12:54:01 PM #

I too didn't mind paying the prices I did at the time, however the dreadful SP experience has actually left me not playing the game in months. I bought the Airco and apart from a "Fly Now" mission and Career Mode there was nothing - no mission, no scenario. Pretty woeful stuff.
I hear Patch 1.015 will address the serious SP deficit and I hope this comes soon. Until then, my hangar doors stay shut.

Hereward_Hawker → 6/28/2010 11:32:52 PM #

At that price, I even bought the Dolphin...collection complete (at least for now)

;)

OssiB. → 6/29/2010 1:30:46 AM #

Just bought 3 planes to complete my hangar. Thx for the offer neoQB/777studios...

DeathTripp → 6/29/2010 2:15:14 AM #

For me, the change to 777 studios sounds like a great idea (assuming of course they don't dump the game and stop supporting it), and the aircraft sale is pretty sweet. Although, it does feel kind of messed up getting 2 planes for 12 a few weeks ago now I can get 4 for that price (hey I guess that's why they call it a sale). I can only imagine how the people who have already bought all the aircraft feel. But I'm sure as you will see from sales (I bought 3) 3$ is a pretty good bargain for a plan. I think if the prices were left at $6.00 a plane rather than 7.50 or whatever it was at that alot more planes would sell.

DerMo → 6/30/2010 10:28:58 AM #

Recon planes and career mode are worked on
Special price for Aircrafts
More and better communication with customers

Man,now we getting started with 777.
I think RoF is in good hands!

WolfPac → 6/30/2010 10:20:17 PM #

Well Done 777Studios - Jason

Makes good business sense , good future

WolfPac → 6/30/2010 10:26:10 PM #

Smile Sorry nearly forgot

Bought the full planeset Smile

Best Regards
Tony

packrat → 7/3/2010 1:40:55 AM #

Would have dearly loved to take advantage of the sale, but learned one day too late!  Sale was even during my birthday.  Timing is everything.

grossman → 7/4/2010 5:48:20 AM #

awfully short time for the offer.  I'm on holidays and have just managed to hook into the internet. I think that we, as supporters of this game, should have been given more time than that!
/i'd have liked the opportunity to purchase all the airplanes as well, how abiut it?

wrongwaymadlab → 7/5/2010 6:59:20 AM #

I also apreciate the sale unfortunatly i had purchased all but 3 planes i got the alb3 on sale but the other 2 to finish my hanger were not on sale and the alb 2 i just bought before the sale boo hoo.I do agree with sly and would gladly fill my hanger if the eindecker was offered to vets with all aircraft for free as a thank you for our full suport

Calendar

«-  November 2014  -»
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
272829303112
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
1234567

View posts in large calendar