LOFT → 27. May 2010 01:02
Hello fellow Pilots.
Today I would like to make an important announcement and to present you the next aircraft in Rise Of Flight.
Let me begin with the announcement:
2010 ROF Video Trailer Contest
The time has come to update the Official Video Trailer for ROF and we are so busy with development that our small team asks for your help! Help us promote Rise of Flight as it passes its 1 Year Anniversary! We have seen many cool videos created by ROF customers on YouTube that we would like to tap some of that creative energy. So without further delay, we would like to announce the 2010 ROF Video Trailer Contest! Both professional and amateur movie makers are invited to enter, the only thing we require is that you be a fan of ROF!
Here’s how it works.
- Deadline - Submit an original ROF Video Trailer by 11:59 PM PST on June 27, 2010. Please provide a link for download or a private YouTube link or other private viewing venue on the web. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the theme 2010 ROF Video Trailer Contest!
- Length - It must be between 1 and 3 minutes long.
- Format - Entry format must be .WMV and be less than 300mb in size.
- Resolution - The final cut should be in 720P resolution and 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio.
- Music – The trailer must include music and can be any of the following.
- Our officially licensed music from our first trailer. Download here.
- Your own original score.
- Music in the public domain.
- Music that you have licensed expressly for this purpose and must show proof of approval from its creator.
- Any music that includes lyrics must not be offensive.
- Sound effects – Voice-overs are allowed, but must be appropriate, non-offensive language.
- Special Effects – All game-play action should be original in-game graphics with no post processing of your own applied unless applied as a scene transition or fade-in or fade-out effect.
- Skins – Please only use stock skins found in the Official Skin Pack.
- Subtitles – Subtitles may be used to highlight certain features such as Multiplayer or Quick Mission action or quotes from reviewers. No personal comments will be allowed.
- ESRB Warning – All videos must include the standard E 10+ ESRB visual and audio warning at the beginning of the video. Download here
- Credits – You may credit yourself as the creator of the video and any music you use at the end of the video. No more than 3 seconds long.
- Cockpits – If you want to show a cockpit it must be from these 8 planes. Spad 13, Nieuport 28, Albatros D.Va, Fokker DVII, Sopwith Camel, Fokker Dr.1, SE.5a or Pfalz D.IIIa. External shots of all planes and vehicles included in the game are allowed.
- 1st Place - $1,000 USD + Free Add-On Aircraft for Life (one account only).
- 2nd Place - $250 USD + Free Add-On Aircraft for Life (one account only).
- 3rd Place - $250 USD + All Current Aircraft. (one account only)
- 4th -10th Place - Your video will be shown on the ROF Website + 1 Free Aircraft.
- All Participants will receive a special ROF Medal in their Player Account.
The judges will be the ROF Development Team members and Senior Management. The winners will be announced on July 4, 2010 on the Rise of Flight website.
By submitting your trailer you grant the Owners of Rise of Flight an irrevocable license to use your work in its entirety or in part for marketing purposes on www.riseofflight.com or any affiliated website or retail websites that sell ROF.
We can’t wait to see your videos!
The ROF Team wishes you Good Luck!
And now let me open the doors of the assembly hangar.
I am glad to present you one of the symbols of aviation. Along with its German opponent this machine is the patriarch of the type of airplanes ruling sky for almost 100 years. It is the pioneer among those machines about which almost everyone felt excited in their boyhood. Please welcome one of the ancestors of modern fighter airplanes – Airco DH2.
Today it can be perceived as an old steam train, but for its own time it was a personification of the air combat concept. Without synchronizers it could hit the target on the course. Thanks to unusual design with a pusher propeller. This machine and Fokker EIII (you will know about it in due time) help us to recreate the history of the first air duels, happened 90 years ago. By these examples we can see that there was the big technical jump in the use of combat aviation in the first four years of war.